On Saturday April 26th at 11am, Burning Man is hosting a
PARTICIPATION FAIRE and NEWBIE ORIENTATION
in San Francisco at BMHQ
RSVP for FREE on Eventbrite
This is an opportunity to visit the new Burning Man Headquarters, meet your fellow virgins and learn tips and tricks from veteran burners, meet the Volunteer Coordinators that help making Burning Man possible, and get involved and help build Black Rock City!
NOOBIE? . . . NOO PROBLEM!
Orientation for BURNING MAN Virgins
Starting Promptly at 11am on the 4th floor!
- Hints and Tricks
- Travel & Transportation
- City Layout and Infrastructure
- Shelter and the Elements
- Clothing and Essentials
- Leave No Trace
- Gift Economy
DROP YOUR PANTS AND TIES!
The Earth Guardians will be turning donated neckties and pants into MOOP bags and silkscreening them at the Participation Faire. Bring your old pants and ties to learn what MOOP is and get your own MOOP bag!
MEET YOUR "VC" - VOLUNTEERS QUESTIONS ANSWERED
1pm-3pm - 4th Floor Participation Faire
Volunteer Coordinators from Burning Man departments and teams will be onsite to welcome you, chat, and help you find your "V-Spot."
Burning Man Volunteer Teams And Crews
- Air Playa info (Reno airport)
- Airport (Black Rock City)
- Arctica (ice sales)
- Black Rock City Rangers
- Box Office
- Empire-Gerlach Bus Service
- Center Camp Café
- Department of Public Works
- Department of Mutant Vehicles
- Earth guardians
- Emergency Services
- Gate, Perimeter & Exodus
- Information Radio
- Media Mecca
- Playa Info
- Playa Restoration
- Recycle Camp
- San Francisco Office Squad
- Special Events
- Technology Teams
- Temple Guardians
- Volunteer Resource Team
NOT SF LOCAL?
Journey to our ePlaya to engage with your fellow burners, Art Projects and Theme Camps:
Spark collaboration tool
APRIL TOO SOON? . . . JOIN US IN JUNE!
Our Annual PARTICIPATION PICNIC is June 21st in Golden Gate Park.
Details to be announced
from the Ten Principles of Burning Man:
- Radical Inclusion - Anyone may be a part of Burning Man. We welcome and respect the stranger. No prerequisites exist for participation in our community.
- Gifting - Burning Man is devoted to acts of gift giving. The value of a gift is unconditional. Gifting does not contemplate a return or an exchange for something of equal value.
- Communal Effort - Our community values creative cooperation and collaboration. We strive to produce, promote and protect social networks, public spaces, works of art, and methods of communication that support such interaction.
- Civic Responsibility - We value civil society. Community members who organize events should assume responsibility for public welfare and endeavor to communicate civic responsibilities to participants. They must also assume responsibility for conducting events in accordance with local, state and federal laws.
RSVP for FREE on Eventbrite
April 26th, 11am at BMHQ (Click for map)
660 Alabama Street
San Francisco, CA 94110