Airport - "Know It All" Vols. Needed.....

A unique and distinctive culture emerges from the Burning Man experience. Rooted in the values expressed by the Ten Principles, this culture is manifested around the globe through art, communal effort, and innumerable individual acts of self-expression. To many, it is a way of life.
Meat Hunter
Burning Since: 2014

Post by Meat Hunter » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:08 am

I have just been appointed the Lead of a new function at the Airport - The office of Know-It-All.

Last year, I worked the Airport gate and since there was no where else for folks to obtain any information regarding: friends, free airplane rides, and other happenings at the airport, the gate was the obvious place where folks gravitated to have their questions answered.

This year, there will be a special air-conditioned office (i have been told) to house Know-It-All volunteers who can point folks in the correct or incorrect direction -- as the situation may require.

At this time, volunteer shifts will be overlapping for six hours each from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and all amenities that one would expect or desire will be provided.

On the job training and a detailed Cheat Sheet will provided to answer the most common questions ask or lacking an answer, directions to the person who will know the answer will be provided. As usual, clothing or lack there of is optional.

If my experience in 2014 is any indication of 2015, I anticipate for this will be a fun volunteer experience and one that will provide an opportunity to meet just about every genre of burner and provide a real service to the lost, semi-lost and confused souls.

If you are interested in filling one or more of the time slots, indicate Airport on your Volunteer profile when you fill out the form in your Burner Profile (click here for link).

Or, send me an e-mail and I will tell you where to go. :-)

Best,
-- Meat Hunter
Specializing in Calibrating Windsocks -- Any where, Any Time, and Any elevation.

Vidi ego exars.

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Re: Airport - "Know It All" Vols. Needed.....

Post by Bless » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:07 pm

Sounds like a fun project
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

mooserider
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Philly Phreak Show

Post by mooserider » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:50 am

Can one amend an already-filed volunteer questionnaire?

Meat Hunter

Post by Meat Hunter » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:11 am

The Airport Shiftboard should be ready to fill Volunteer slots in the next week or so.

https://www.shiftboard.com/BurningMan

Please keep checking, set-up your account and register for shifts.

If you have any problems, please contact Mile High (airport vol. coordinator):

milehigh(at)burningman(dot)org
Specializing in Calibrating Windsocks -- Any where, Any Time, and Any elevation.

Vidi ego exars.

mooserider
Burning Since: 2015
Camp Name: Philly Phreak Show

Post by mooserider » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:44 am

Are any particular skills or certifications needed for this job or other airport-related jobs?

Meat Hunter

Post by Meat Hunter » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:56 am

No particular training is required. Cheat Sheet to answer questions and training will be provided.

Cheerful, tactful and helpful attitude will be of great value when answering dumb questions from the Sparkle Ponies. Riding the ponies and leading by leash might be allowed --

Costumes and clothing optional (if you still look good naked)......

Vidi ego exars.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:22 am

Well, I look OK for an old lady. Hi Meathunter. How the hell are ya? I'm glad you found a nitch. What's this about an air conditioned office? You spoiled baby. I'll be able to find you now that you have a job. Yippie.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Meat Hunter

Post by Meat Hunter » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:46 am

Ratty,

I don't look good naked anymore. They make me wear costumes. :wink:

I am way to hot in my new costumes, so they have to keep me cooled off.

It is all your fault........

Vidi ego exars.

Return to “Get Involved Year-Round”