Airport Shiftboard is -- Up and Running....

A unique and distinctive culture emerges from the Burning Man experience. Rooted in the values expressed by the Ten Principles, this culture is manifested around the globe through art, communal effort, and innumerable individual acts of self-expression. To many, it is a way of life.
Meat Hunter
Burning Since: 2014

Airport Shiftboard is -- Up and Running....

Post by Meat Hunter » Tue May 12, 2015 12:54 pm

New for 2015, the info booth is the meeting place for airport visitors, pilots, and volunteers and their leads.

Do you like helping people? Does answering questions while relaxing in the shade appeal to you? If you've been to Burning Man at least once and have a sense of humor, then we need you!

The Know-it-All of the Airport is based at the information booth and answers questions, checks the computer to tell people if their friends have arrived, directs people to the Charter Desks for charter flight information, and more.

You will also meet and answer questions from people interested in rides over the city and direct them to the Ride Wrangler area, where the wrangler connects pilots with eager riders.

Costumes, a sense of humor, and lively attitude are key. The Know-it-All must have a customer service attitude, be familiar with the Survival Guide found on-line here, be able to answer questions about Burning Man and the airport, and use a computer system to look up information. (Data system training provided on-site.)

Previous experience at Playa Info is a bonus but not required. Know-it-Alls arriving for their shift report to the Squad Leader and meet at the airport information booth.

Complete or Re-enter your information on your Volunteer Profile and select Airport. Mile High will contact you regarding getting you logged in on the Airport section of Shiftboard so that you can schedule your shifts.

You might even score a gifted scenic airplane ride over the city and will be allowed to occasionally ride the Sparkle Ponies. :D

Jovankat
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Methuselah's Children

Re: Airport Shiftboard is -- Up and Running....

Post by Jovankat » Tue May 12, 2015 1:53 pm

The help I got from the folk on the airport table in 2013 literally saved my burn. Thanks for being awesome.

Lonesomebri
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT

Post by Lonesomebri » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:15 pm

I was thinking of utilizing my people skills and volunteering out at the airport as a TSA officer.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

Meat Hunter

Post by Meat Hunter » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:46 pm

Lonesomebri,

The "TSA" position is what the airport calls "Custom Inspector".

There are a good number of "Custom Inspector" time slots still available.

If you are interested, please e-mail me and I will walk you through the registration process.

Sham

Post by Sham » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:10 pm

Lonesomebri wrote:I was thinking of utilizing my people skills and volunteering out at the airport as a TSA officer.
You're not surly enough. :shock:

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:49 pm

Sham wrote:
Lonesomebri wrote:I was thinking of utilizing my people skills and volunteering out at the airport as a TSA officer.
You're not surly enough. :shock:
:lol:
*** 2017 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Meat Hunter

Post by Meat Hunter » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:40 am

There are still oodles of interesting and fun volunteer slots available at the Airport.

If you are interested, please e-mail me and I will help you through the registration and signing-up process.

Best,
Meat Hunter

Return to “Get Involved Year-Round”