stolen women's beach cruiser with shiny multi-colored fabric

A forum to describe your long lost playacycle.

stolen women's beach cruiser with shiny multi-colored fabric

Postby moniques » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:07 am

My bike was taken on Saturday night during the oil derrick burn from the area of the temple. I have a photo of me on my bike, but can't seem to find a way to post it here. It has beautiful shiny fabric all over the frame, a faux-bamboo box attached to the back rack, and a pvc pole, also covered in same fabric, attached to the box for my daytime shade umbrella.
More importantly than my bike, my box had my point and shoot Yashica t-4 film camera in it with a whole roll of exposed b&w trix 125 film in it. Also in the box were 2 petzel headlamps and black bugeye goggles.
I do realize it is probably gone forever, but just thought I'd give this posting a try.

Princess Dammitt

Postby Princess Dammitt » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:50 am

I was just at the Berkeley Ashby Flea Market yesterday and saw a bike matching your description. Was the fabric a dark shiny pattern that also wrapped part of the handle bars?

If yes, the guy there selling several (obviously) playafied bikes and yours was one of them. I asked how much he was selling it for and he replied $100. White male, mid 20's, baseball cap. The bikes were the only thing he was selling (he had about 7 or 8).
putty, monkey, zamboni, weasels.....check!

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: some times Outpost Tokyo

Postby AKAparttime » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:51 am

This may not help... I passet perhaps 150 lost bikes just laying around on my way out tuesday morning.... sorry about your stuff... if your in S.F jump on bart go over and see if it's yours!
Find out

Return to “2007 Bikes”