bike recovery

A forum to describe your long lost playacycle.
Frank the Vintner

bike recovery

Post by Frank the Vintner » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:19 am

My trike was taken from in front of Ranger HQ by center camp. I registered it with the Bike Recovery crew. How do I contact them to see if it is there?
TANSTAAFL

moniques

Post by moniques » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:45 am

I also had my bike taken and registered it with bike recovery camp. They are based out of Reno, so they bring some of the bikes here.
I talked to a really nice helpful guy named Natron, his email is:
napalmzer0@yahoo.com
Hope that helps!

Sukie

Post by Sukie » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:00 pm

I lost my bike at dawn. I was dancing to the sun rise only to find myself stranded. This happened early in the week, probably Wed. What do I do or should I just let it go. I did at BM but I just thought maybe, just maybe someone had it and would return it. I registered with the people at BM. It is a black, girls, Fuji mountain bike.

bobalou
Burning Since: 1998
Camp Name: Airheads

Post by bobalou » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:43 am

The Bike Recovery Camp was actually a group from Los Angeles. They left on Sunday, and brought the bikes they had recovered, AND the forms that people had filled out to Playa Info in Center Camp. Playa Info then continued collecting bikes and lost-bike-description forms on Monday. On Tuesday, the Black Label bike club from Reno swept the Playa and collected about a gazillion abandoned bikes. They will take all these bikes back to Reno, and will try to match the description forms to the bikes on hand. These are also the people who are handling the "Yellow Bike" community bikes.

Return to “2007 Bikes”