Calvin from Lafayette, CA - Anyone know him?

Trying to reconnect with someone you met once? Think of it as "Missed Connections" for Burners.
waterlyric

Calvin from Lafayette, CA - Anyone know him?

Postby waterlyric » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:48 pm

We met while watching the Man burn and shared a moment. He and his camp mates came in the same time as us, late Thursday night, and Calvin was taking lots of pics with his digicam. We talked about how amazing it was to be surrounded by people who actually knew how to say "please" and "thank you" -- he added something so great to my first Burn, and I hope the feeling was mutual.

So, if anyone knows him please let him know that Barbie says hi, and that she hopes to see him next Burn (or maybe at Decompression in October?)
=waterlyric=

--Ever--
Burning Since: 2003

Postby --Ever-- » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:38 pm

"Lafayette" attracted my attention because I'm from Orinda, the town right next door (both are quite small). How old was Calvin?

I concidentally met a Calvin this burn who's company I really enjoyed. He was tending his fire "obelisks" the morning after the burn, equipped with his top-hat and metal cane/fire poker.

Good luck either way!
Our truest life is in our dreams awake.

waterlyric

Postby waterlyric » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:43 am

Hmmm... I would say that "my" Calvin was in his early 30's, but I'm not the greatest with guessing a person's age. Around 5'10, maybe a little taller, on the husky-ish side. he was wearing a sort of outback hat and didn't look playafied in the least (unlike me, encrusted with playa mud and dust). Hairy arms, lol... This was his first burn though, that much I know. I wish I wouldn't have run after the Man fell... Probably wouldn't have burnt my feet and maybe could have had an even *more* memorable night.
=waterlyric=

waterlyric

Postby waterlyric » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:08 am

just bumpin up... wherefore art thou, Calvin?
=waterlyric=

Return to “2007 Humans”