FOUND: Olympus Stylus 710

Things that you found On The Playa and are looking for their owners. Please be sure to check the Lost forums for a post about the item first.
bex
Burning Since: 1997
Camp Name: Camp of Doom!

FOUND: Olympus Stylus 710

Postby bex » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:28 pm

Found on playa - Olympus Stylus 710

Please email lostfound(at)burningman(dot)com with description of your camera, specific photos taken, serial #.

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE SO - IF WE DIDN'T HAVE IT THE FIRST TIME YOU CONTACTED US - WE STILL DO NOT.

nicolazanatta

Postby nicolazanatta » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:40 pm

hello

i lost a digital camera olympus 710 silver color, i lost it saturday nite after the amazing tower fire... ;-)

the battery was almost finished

let me know if u need more details

hope is that one! thank u already so much!

huge hug!!!

nicola

bacon and bloodymery camp (4:30 and habitat)

retropsycho

2006: Olympus Stylus 710

Postby retropsycho » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:50 pm

Nicola -

Sorry: Bex posted her found camera in 2006.

~ Retro

nicolazanatta wrote:hello

i lost a digital camera olympus 710 silver color, i lost it saturday nite after the amazing tower fire... ;-)

the battery was almost finished

let me know if u need more details

hope is that one! thank u already so much!

huge hug!!!

nicola

bacon and bloodymery camp (4:30 and habitat)
I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone . . . there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

MELAMED

Re: FOUND: Olympus Stylus 710

Postby MELAMED » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:00 am

[quote="bex"]Found on playa - Olympus Stylus 710

I lost the Olympus Sylus 7 camera on the playa on the day of the burn.
My name is Prof. Shlomo Melamed from Israel.
In the photos you will find alot of scenes, sculptures, MV's and BM participants. You will also see my wife and occasionally myself wearing a "Galabia" from Arabia, coloured blue or white. There are also photos of my son and his friends from camp Disorient.
Thanks so much for finding my camera!!!..I almost became depressed losing it after takia was silver, no case, and had the BM ticket attached to it, but I can not recall the #!!..
Thanks for getting back to me verifying this is indeed my camera. I will pay for the post expenses.Also, OI am coming to USA (MRYLAND) NEXT WEEK END, SO CAN GET IT THERE AS WELL...
tHANKS ALOT!!
pROF. s. mELAMED

retropsycho

This camera post was from 2006

Postby retropsycho » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:06 pm

Dear Professor Melamed -

I have three Olympus Stylus cameras in the lost and found inventory from Burning Man 2007, but none of them are your model 7.0

I understand why you believe your camera was reported found. Unfortunately you --- and first a young woman named "Nicola" --- responded to a lost Stylus camera post from the previous year (2006).

It is difficult to see where one year's posts end, and another's begins. I have tried to remedy this problem by prefacing all my current post subjects with "2007"

There is something more you can do. I am the custodian of only the lost and found items that were turned in to our "Playa Info" location at Burning Man in Center Camp. However the Burning Man community at large has recovered many additional items. You should add your camera's description to the ePlaya category of gadgets lost on the playa:

viewforum.php?f=89

Perhaps someone else found your camera and can help you recover it?

You can also post to the Burning Man community on www.tribe.net:

http://tinyurl.com/yrlrqo

Good luck!

~ "Retro"
I will not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone . . . there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Return to “2007 Found on-playa”