regreets

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
SteveInRealLife
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Fjorgyn / Stag Camp co-founder

regreets

Postby SteveInRealLife » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:22 am

I wasn't going to post a greeting post (as a former user, it struck me as just sort of narcissistic) , but I saw someone refer to a low post-total user as a possible troll, so I figured I should explain my presence. I'm a former user but couldn't recover my user name (second time this has happened). I think I signed up as Raoul_Dick the first time I got on eplaya back in 200...whatever. 2001 or something and then later as Fat SAM, so if you know me, hi again and if you don't, congratulations - you're getting hi for the first time.

In case my reputation precedes me...uh...sorry for probably being a dick. Unless you race Neons on the Playa in the off-season. In that case - up yours, dingleberry.
Last edited by SteveInRealLife on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

lucky420
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: regreets

Postby lucky420 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:25 am

Hola and hello from one Reno to another.

I can assure this is not my first hi :mrgreen:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

SteveInRealLife

Postby SteveInRealLife » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:28 am

Can't help but wonder if we know each other. Do you know the Fjorgyn art car? Big metal viking ship built by a fella named Dennis?

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:31 am

Ha! I do. I really don't know Dennis personally yet we are friends on fb...

I've seen the Fjorgyn at the Morris many times and I think at Art Tech/Generator/and Dales warehouse too.

My camp is Dye with Dignity located within the 404 Village Not Found along with Shelly (Piney) and TITWI.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

SteveInRealLife

Postby SteveInRealLife » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:34 am

If you've seen Fjorgyn at the Morris, you've seen me dj'ing on it. I'm kind of his talent coordinator and head dj. I've played on the West Coast as Fat SAM for years and just changed my name to SteveInRealLife following a show recently. I'll be at playing at Fur here in a couple weeks. If you're there, stop by and introduce yourself.

lucky420

Postby lucky420 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:42 am

Not sure if I'll be at Fur but will definetly stop by and say hi next time I see the ship.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Elderberry » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:16 am

Hey there, welcome (back) to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

SteveInRealLife

Postby SteveInRealLife » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:25 am

*Hat tipping intensifies*

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Postby Savannah » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:32 pm

Heyyyy, welcome back, Fat Sam! We met very briefly in 2010 or something like that. Could've been 2011. You stopped by Stag Camp in amazing bubble-fur pants. (I'm sure that narrows it down!)

Thanks for co-founding Stag Camp; I've camped there many times, and it remains one of my favorite places on the playa.
*** 2016 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

SteveInRealLife

Postby SteveInRealLife » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:17 pm

It would have been 2010. I camped there that year, actually, but I wasn't around much. It was a busy week and then I kind of booked it out of there early due to MAJOR WEIRDNESS with an ex. These things happen, though. I'll be staying with a different camp this year, but I'll definitely be making the rounds. I'm sure I'll hit the eplaya meet and greet and Barbie Death Camp and Stag and a couple others, but I'm pretty much going out there this year with music as a full time focus.

And also farting into a megaphone, but that's more of a hobby.

Mrs The Punisher MSM
Burning Since: 2017

Postby Mrs The Punisher MSM » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:32 am

SteveInRealLife wrote:Can't help but wonder if we know each other. Do you know the Fjorgyn art car? Big metal viking ship built by a fella named Dennis?

The Fjorgyn art car (big metal Viking ship) sounds awesome. I can't wait to see it. Maybe after a while of getting to know you (if we get a chance to meet), I can get a ride on it. That would be great. If you don't mind, I want to get a pic of it. My hubby would love to see that. Looking forward to seeing all the awesome art & meeting good people.

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Postby Traveller in Time » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:27 am

Welcome, and thanks for the honor of meeting you :D

I am new ePlayan, Birgin and mainly listening BMIR
They always say that Ive got too much time on my hands
I don't even have a watch

Dreaming together in a temporary world and making the default world a better place

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

SteveInRealLife

Postby SteveInRealLife » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:19 am

Mrs The Punisher MSM wrote:
SteveInRealLife wrote:Can't help but wonder if we know each other. Do you know the Fjorgyn art car? Big metal viking ship built by a fella named Dennis?

The Fjorgyn art car (big metal Viking ship) sounds awesome. I can't wait to see it. Maybe after a while of getting to know you (if we get a chance to meet), I can get a ride on it. That would be great. If you don't mind, I want to get a pic of it. My hubby would love to see that. Looking forward to seeing all the awesome art & meeting good people.

This is kind of an art car redemption mission for me - one year, I was burned by neighbors with a big art car who told me they'd give my friends and I a spot on their car at the burn and then after loading all of our booze, they left; another year, I was told by an art car driver that they were "only picking up hot chicks", which tipped me that they were assholes I didn't want to ride with, anyway. Being largely in charge of the car, I'm going to do my best to make it an egalitarian people moving party barge. Tell me who you are and if there's space in the passenger seat, I'll give you a ride and chat you up, too. I plan on doing my best to make sure as many people as possible get to ride on it, whether we know each other or not. Photos welcome, husbands welcome, and if it would be a pleasure to him, he can even ride in the crow's nest.

This Viking ship is all inclusive, space allowing.

SteveInRealLife

Postby SteveInRealLife » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:47 am

Traveller in Time wrote:Welcome, and thanks for the honor of meeting you :D

I am new ePlayan, Birgin and mainly listening BMIR

Well, welcome to you too, then! I'm sure I'll catch up with you around here from time to time and then out on the barren alkali flats of the Theater of the Absurd.

Cheers!

Return to “The Greeter's Station”