New burner looking for information

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
singh3m
Burning Since: 2018

New burner looking for information

Postby singh3m » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:18 pm

Hi ,
I am a virgin burner, and if all goes well. I will finally be part of this life changing community this year.
Since new , I would like to join a camp as well to contribute, however I couldn't find any info for 2018 camp .
Is it still too early?

Regards

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: Looking forward to join any group of people on the way to 2018's event

Postby AntiM » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:24 am

singh3m wrote:Hi ,
I am a virgin burner, and if all goes well. I will finally be part of this life changing community this year.
Since new , I would like to join a camp as well to contribute, however I couldn't find any info for 2018 camp .
Is it still too early?

Regards

It is too early. Also, there is another forum just for camps, and it will get rolling soon. This forum is more for us to get to know people. What is your passion? What skills and interests do you have? Have you read the survival guide and first timer's guide yet?

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Re: New burner looking for information

Postby some seeing eye » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:29 am

Welcome to ePlaya. There are a lot of experienced burners here and many real experts on obscure burn topics.

Read everything listed at the links at the top if the page

Meet your regional in person as soon as possible - https://regionals.burningman.org/
Tickets are hard to get - have a strategy
Make a packing list (search ePlaya and online, then customize) along with planning transportation, camping and optional costumes.

In-person connections help with the above 3.
Reading the preparation links is mandatory - no substitution.

Most of the online videos of the event show just a small part of it. The official Burning Man channel has some good preparation videos.

Read journal.burningman.com and subscribe to the Jack Rabbit Speaks emails & look at the archives.

There are regional events - mini/micro burning man campouts - in Europe you can attend too.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Return to “The Greeter's Station”