Dream come true for a first time burner

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Post Reply
Mama Ricci
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:33 am
Burning Since: 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

Dream come true for a first time burner

Post by Mama Ricci » Wed May 23, 2018 10:59 am

Hello Everyone,
My name is Mama Ricci and this will be my first time attending and saying I'm excited doesn't cut it lol. This has been a long time dream of mine and my son's yet I will be living this dream for him and I as he has gone on a different journey and is no longer physically with us. As for me, I'm a writer of happy happy joy joy motivational every day Life quotes and poems and To say I'm confused about everything burner is an understatement lol..
I have been accepted to be a greeter yet not sure if my converted E-350 van/bus will be able to camp in the greeters camp as of yet. It's an awesome van/bus that's semi self contained, with an outside shower, porta potty,running water, a fridge and freezer and solar.. converted it all myself and it's pretty awesome if I may say so myself lol.. Needless to say I have no problem camping solo as this is my first year and have read that going solo may be the best due to getting burner brain the first year lol lol... Yet I'm very very excited and will definitely be looking for a camp or camps to join. If anyone needs a ride I would be more than willing as well.. I could fit about 6+ people in my bus as long as your willing to sit on the floor, my bed and a 3 person bench lol lol... Anyway... Feel free to hit me up anytime!

Much love and light :D Mama Ricci
Mama Ricci :lol:

User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
Posts: 12506
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Dream come true for a first time burner

Post by Savannah » Wed May 23, 2018 4:37 pm

Hi Mama Ricci! :D

I'm sorry to hear that your son will make the journey only in spirit, but really glad you're making the trip.

If you find someone to travel in with you, don't let anyone sit on the floor--make sure you have enough seat belts for all riders (seat belt infractions can get you pulled over, right inside the gate) . Another tip for accepting passengers: don't allow contraband, and make all riders show proof of their ticket and ID, because if someone in your vehicle has a ticket problem, you may be asked to take them away, as far as Reno--after a long wait in line.

Frankly, your van/bus sounds amazing.

You have received good advice regarding camping solo--it can be a great experience and ideally you want to be able to fend completely for yourself anyway. However, if you want company, you can check out camps like Stag Camp (no amenities and no fees, but lots of social togetherness and experience). There are also camps recruiting in the Theme Camps subforum.

Welcome!
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Mama Ricci
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:33 am
Burning Since: 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

Re: Dream come true for a first time burner

Post by Mama Ricci » Wed May 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Hi Savannah :D
Thank you so so much for the kind words about my son... It's been the most difficult journey I've ever had to deal with, yet I am positive he will be on the playa in spirit as well as always in my heart! Thank you for the seatbelt tips too, I didn't even think about that... I actually do have 3 seat belts on the bench in my bus not counting the passengers seat.. and will totally use your tips, thank you again and I'm so very much looking forward to attending and greeting... I am grateful :D

Love, smiles and hugs,

Mama Ricci
Mama Ricci :lol:

User avatar
Ratty
Posts: 5797
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:43 pm
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: Dream come true for a first time burner

Post by Ratty » Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Mama, Welcome to eplaya. Every passenger comes with a ton of baggage so one passenger is probably enough. If you use your outside shower be aware that no water can hit the ground and you have to either evaporate it or take it out with you. Feel free to be a Greeter no matter where you camp. It's a wonderful experience. Also march right over to all the neighbors and be a gracious guest. Say YES to food and drink when offered. It's the burner way. Read everything and then read some more. Don't leave anything till the last minute. Make lists. so as much shopping, organizing and packing as you can. 3 months from now you'll be all dusty.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

User avatar
Sham
Moderator
Posts: 8217
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:10 am
Location: The hidden mythical place.....

Re: Dream come true for a first time burner

Post by Sham » Wed May 23, 2018 11:06 pm

Welcome to eplaya Mama Ricci.
Many people find the trip to Black Rock City extremely therapeutic. Everybody burns their own way, but I think you'll find the Temple particularly poignant this year. You could spend some very quiet time at the Temple and leave some notes, a letter, photos or mementos there in honor of your son. On burn night for the Temple (Sunday), the very respectful event will send all your deepest thoughts and notes to your son. Many people feel the weight of the world lifted from them.
I am very excited for you and hope you find your first adventure to Burning Man an awesome experience.

See you in the dust in just 3 months.

Sham....

Mama Ricci
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:33 am
Burning Since: 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

Re: Dream come true for a first time burner

Post by Mama Ricci » Thu May 24, 2018 8:49 am

Ratty wrote:Mama, Welcome to eplaya. Every passenger comes with a ton of baggage so one passenger is probably enough. If you use your outside shower be aware that no water can hit the ground and you have to either evaporate it or take it out with you. Feel free to be a Greeter no matter where you camp. It's a wonderful experience. Also march right over to all the neighbors and be a gracious guest. Say YES to food and drink when offered. It's the burner way. Read everything and then read some more. Don't leave anything till the last minute. Make lists. so as much shopping, organizing and packing as you can. 3 months from now you'll be all dusty.
Hi Ratty,

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and awesome tips... Very much appreciated... I've read and reread some much I'm truly on overload mode lol lol.. totally a people person so matching over to neighbors etc won't be a problem at all lol... So looking forward to this amazing experience and again I thank you for sharing with me!!
Much love, smiles and hugs my friend

Mama Ricci
Mama Ricci :lol:

Mama Ricci
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:33 am
Burning Since: 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

Re: Dream come true for a first time burner

Post by Mama Ricci » Thu May 24, 2018 8:58 am

Sham wrote:I think you'll find the Temple particularly poignant this year. You could spend some very quiet time at the Temple and leave some notes, a letter, photos or mementos there in honor of your son. On burn night for the Temple (Sunday), the very respectful event will send all your deepest thoughts and notes to your son. Many people feel the weight of the world lifted from them.
I am very excited for you and hope you find your first adventure to Burning Man an awesome experience.

See you in the dust in just 3 months.

Sham....
Hello Sham,
I truly have little to say about your comment (which is rare lol) yet a ton of tears appeared after reading your beautiful words.

To be able to honor my son at Burning Man in that manner is... I can't explain yet I truly believe that will be exactly what will help me heal and let go... Not letting go to forget... Letting go to live and carry my loss in a lighter and most beautiful way...

Thank you so very much for informing me of the Temple as I had no clue... I too am very excited and know this will be an experience like no other in so many ways.

Much love, smiles and hugs to you my friend and I hope I'll get to see you in the dust...a warm thank you and hug is definitely in order!

Mama Ricci
Mama Ricci :lol:

User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
Posts: 14488
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe
Location: Palm Springs
Contact:

Re: Dream come true for a first time burner

Post by Elderberry » Thu May 24, 2018 9:10 am

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Mama Ricci
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:33 am
Burning Since: 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

Re: Dream come true for a first time burner

Post by Mama Ricci » Thu May 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Elderberry wrote:Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
Hi Elderberry :D thank you for the nice welcome :D
Mama Ricci :lol:

User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
Posts: 19971
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:23 am
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art
Location: Wild, Wild West
Contact:

Re: Dream come true for a first time burner

Post by AntiM » Thu May 24, 2018 5:09 pm

Welcome Aboard!

Mama Ricci
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:33 am
Burning Since: 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

Re: Dream come true for a first time burner

Post by Mama Ricci » Thu May 24, 2018 6:20 pm

AntiM wrote:Welcome Aboard!
Thank you very much AntiM :D so very very excited :D
Mama Ricci :lol:

User avatar
Dr. Pyro
Posts: 4623
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:11 am
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro
Location: Newcastle, CA
Contact:

Re: Dream come true for a first time burner

Post by Dr. Pyro » Thu May 24, 2018 6:32 pm

Make sure to drop by the ePlaya Meet & Greet Wednesday evening at Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro to meet many of these colorful people.

User avatar
gbus
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:18 pm
Burning Since: 2015

Re: Dream come true for a first time burner

Post by gbus » Fri May 25, 2018 4:44 pm

Welcome Mama Ricci,

I'm sorry for your loss, but im sure you will find some kinda satisfaction at the temple.

I went to the temple as sceptical as a (non spiritual) person could be and found myself blown away. I will have your son on my mind and heart this year.

As for yourself - enjoy the fuck out of the burn

User avatar
Sham
Moderator
Posts: 8217
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:10 am
Location: The hidden mythical place.....

Re: Dream come true for a first time burner

Post by Sham » Sat May 26, 2018 3:10 am

https://journal.burningman.org/2017/12/ ... 18-temple/
I think the magic word for the Temple is "SOLACE". This is a place to go to find peace and make things right in the world, that can otherwise never make sense. It's a place I go each year and find a quiet corner to sit, reflect and have my lunch.

I hope Mama Ricci feels that this year the Temple was built for her and her son to share. Take some pictures of the Temple as proof that you both made it to Burning Man.

Image

Mama Ricci
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:33 am
Burning Since: 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

Re: Dream come true for a first time burner

Post by Mama Ricci » Sat May 26, 2018 8:19 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:Make sure to drop by the ePlaya Meet & Greet Wednesday evening at Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro to meet many of these colorful people.
I definitely will Dr. Pyro thanks for the invite :wink:
Mama Ricci :lol:

Mama Ricci
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:33 am
Burning Since: 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

Re: Dream come true for a first time burner

Post by Mama Ricci » Sat May 26, 2018 8:22 pm

gbus wrote:Welcome Mama Ricci,

I'm sorry for your loss, but im sure you will find some kinda satisfaction at the temple.

I went to the temple as sceptical as a (non spiritual) person could be and found myself blown away. I will have your son on my mind and heart this year.

As for yourself - enjoy the fuck out of the burn
gbus...Thank you for your kindness and for the giggle.. I have no doubt that this will be a very incredible and minded blowing time for me.. no doubt I will enjoy :D
Mama Ricci :lol:

Mama Ricci
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:33 am
Burning Since: 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

Re: Dream come true for a first time burner

Post by Mama Ricci » Sat May 26, 2018 8:30 pm

Sham wrote:https://journal.burningman.org/2017/12/ ... 18-temple/
I think the magic word for the Temple is "SOLACE". This is a place to go to find peace and make things right in the world, that can otherwise never make sense. It's a place I go each year and find a quiet corner to sit, reflect and have my lunch.

I hope Mama Ricci feels that this year the Temple was built for her and her son to share. Take some pictures of the Temple as proof that you both made it to Burning Man.

Image

Hello Sham,
Again you have me in tears and speechless... The tears are normal for me as I'm one that allows my tears as well as embracing all of my feelings... Yet speechless... That my friend is rare!

Thank you so very much for your kindness and information...I have no doubt and truly believe the Temple/Solace is exactly where I am meant to go to honor my son as well as letting go of the pain I've held onto for the past almost 3 yrs. I truly am so grateful for you and hope to see you there. Pictures my friend will be taken... Thank you just doesn't cut it in words so I do hope hugs will be shared between us. Much love my friend.. I am grateful!
Mama Ricci :lol:

Post Reply

Return to “The Greeter's Station”