UK Burners to be?

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
ButtonFam
Burning Since: 2021

UK Burners to be?

Post by ButtonFam » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:13 am

Hello hello hello, we are a UK based couple coming to SanFran for Burning Man in 2021!

Along time away you say! Well it isn’t for me (Jess) My Parnter (Ryan) has started to plan my 30th birthday to burning man and we intend to arrive in style!

What do we bring? Creativity, love, sharing, showmanship and well just general passion.

Well, I could ramble on but feel it’s time to ask questions or the other way round! Ask away and also here are ours!

Any Midlands based Burners out there?
Any other couples who have been going to BurningMan along time have any experiences I can glean from?
And anyone feel like they can be our friend to be?

Sham

Re: UK Burners to be?

Post by Sham » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:35 pm

ButtonFam wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:13 am
Hello hello hello, we are a UK based couple coming to SanFran for Burning Man in 2021!

Along time away you say! Well it isn’t for me (Jess) My Parnter (Ryan) has started to plan my 30th birthday to burning man and we intend to arrive in style!

What do we bring? Creativity, love, sharing, showmanship and well just general passion.

Well, I could ramble on but feel it’s time to ask questions or the other way round! Ask away and also here are ours!

Any Midlands based Burners out there?
Any other couples who have been going to BurningMan along time have any experiences I can glean from?
And anyone feel like they can be our friend to be?
Welcome ButtonFam. Three years is a good amount of time to plan your big three-0 birthday. There is an awful lot to read up on to help insure your survival in the Black Rock Desert. I would guess that a third of the people on the playa are couples, half of the people are trying to get a vacation from their partner and the other 10% are people not attached. (I should visit mathematics camp)

You might consider connecting with your regional group in the UK to meet people who are heading to BRC when you go. https://regionals.burningman.org/regionals/europe/uk/

You mentioned going to Burning Man "in style". Are you planning on an RV for your accommodations?

Good luck in your planning and Happy early 30th Birthday. See you in 2021.

Sham....

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:09 am

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

ButtonFam

Post by ButtonFam » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:31 am

Sham wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:35 pm
Welcome ButtonFam. Three years is a good amount of time to plan your big three-0 birthday. There is an awful lot to read up on to help insure your survival in the Black Rock Desert. I would guess that a third of the people on the playa are couples, half of the people are trying to get a vacation from their partner and the other 10% are people not attached. (I should visit mathematics camp)

You might consider connecting with your regional group in the UK to meet people who are heading to BRC when you go. https://regionals.burningman.org/regionals/europe/uk/

You mentioned going to Burning Man "in style". Are you planning on an RV for your accommodations?

Good luck in your planning and Happy early 30th Birthday. See you in 2021.

Sham....
Hey! That’s interesting to know :) yes we are both reading up and doing our research best we can and have already got in contact with some regional people :)

We wouldn’t want an RV we think 🤔 it would end up being a lot of money. Any info on that side would be a lot of help!

But we will be fabulously ready for whatever the desert throws at us. I’m a tough cookie I been told. But you gotta have a bit of fabulousness anywhere you go! Plus what’s burning man without showing your creative passions :) your true self set free from the restraints of the 9-5.

ButtonFam

Post by ButtonFam » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:32 am

Elderberry wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:09 am
Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
Tak! We are happy to be here!

Return to “The Greeter's Station”