Hello from Martinique :-)

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Wickedtoria
Burning Since: 2022

Hello from Martinique :-)

Post by Wickedtoria » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:18 am

Where is Martinique?!? It's a little french island in the Caribbean! I am a watersports instructor and my partner is a policeman, an eclectic mix lol. In this uncertain time, it makes me feel happy to think that we can be part of a virtual like minded community that one day we'll get to meet! We're hoping to get tickets for BM2022 and will be flying into Vegas. In our forties, hoping to reopen ourselves to others and restore our faith in human nature! We've got a lot to give, love to help and are staying positive that we'll be able to do our first burn next year. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thinking about the best way to get tickets and organising already! Joining a camp? We'll be renting a little van to sleep in. Making some costumes to give to people too! Keep smiling people :-)
One life no fear :-)

Sham

Re: Hello from Martinique :-)

Post by Sham » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:19 am

Welcome to eplaya. Start planning now and hopefully the world will be all back to normal by 2022. Many people fly into Las Vegas and spend some time then drive 8 hours north to Reno. If you're not vacationing there, Reno is a better place to fly into. Start reading and preparing and hopefully we'll see you next year.

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:51 am

Welcome to ePlaya and your future first burn!

I is not that expensive to fly into Las Vegas for you compared to burners from Australia. But if you have the time, all the national parks and public lands of the West are a potential road trip add-on.

There are long threads on ePlaya about preparations for flying in, and tips for renting an RV which would apply to any vehicle.

You don't need to join a camp, but you may already be friends with burners who are part of camps. There are some Florida Burning Man Regionals, and other regionals in French-speaking places with their own social media to ask about island dwellers in your area. There are also existing camps oriented to the French language.

The event is a wilderness camping trip; your packing list would have fly-with, ship, and buy locally. Closer to the event there will be lists on donation and disposal of items you don't ship back or fly back.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Shep42
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Post by Shep42 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:08 pm

Wickedtoria wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:18 am
Where is Martinique?!? It's a little french island in the Caribbean! I am a watersports instructor and my partner is a policeman, an eclectic mix lol. In this uncertain time, it makes me feel happy to think that we can be part of a virtual like minded community that one day we'll get to meet! We're hoping to get tickets for BM2022 and will be flying into Vegas. In our forties, hoping to reopen ourselves to others and restore our faith in human nature! We've got a lot to give, love to help and are staying positive that we'll be able to do our first burn next year. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thinking about the best way to get tickets and organising already! Joining a camp? We'll be renting a little van to sleep in. Making some costumes to give to people too! Keep smiling people :-)
Hope I see you guys there 🤗
Die with memories not dreams

Wickedtoria

Post by Wickedtoria » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:05 pm

Thanks for the advice, we're hoping to do Vegas>Reno>Lake Tahoe>San Francisco>Yosemite>Death Valley>Vegas. Does that sound do-able? If I've worked out the dates properly for 2022, the Man should Burn on Saturday 3rd September? Any advice for getting tickets also please? Thank you hoping to see you all soon :-)

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:48 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Wickedtoria

Post by Wickedtoria » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:08 am

Thank you :-)

Return to “The Greeter's Station”