New one. Hi all

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
1980Grandeur
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: No

New one. Hi all

Post by 1980Grandeur » Tue May 11, 2021 12:51 pm

I'm a new member, I like long guns mostly, my favorite is my sharps sporter rifle, which was bought by my grandfather's grandfather (who ran guns and money to the fenians in Ireland) in 1878, just 2 years after coming to this country. The thing will still shoot as good as any gun I've ever fired, and I hope to give it to my grandchildren's grandchildren. I do a little bit of gunsmithing just for fun, and am slowly acquiring more tools for this.

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Re: New one. Hi all

Post by some seeing eye » Tue May 11, 2021 4:41 pm

Welcome to ePlaya! Are you interested in Burning Man and that is why you are posting here?

At official burns, like 2022 Memorial Day week, guns are banned by the Bureau of Land Management, even locked in the vehicle.

At the 2021 Memorial Day week renegade burn, they might be allowed, we are still waiting on BLM guidance.

People bring them to the 4th of Juplaya though, or so I have heard.

In the olden days of the Cacophony Society, you can find videos on the interwebs of the drive by shooting range and shooting up cars, and guns at the 4th of Juplaya to this day too.

If you say where you are geographically here, and join your "Burning Man Regional" you might find burner firearm enthusiasts.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: New one. Hi all

Post by lucky420 » Sun May 16, 2021 11:24 am

1980Grandeur wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:51 pm
I'm a new member, I like long guns mostly, my favorite is my sharps sporter rifle, which was bought by my grandfather's grandfather (who ran guns and money to the fenians in Ireland) in 1878, just 2 years after coming to this country. The thing will still shoot as good as any gun I've ever fired, and I hope to give it to my grandchildren's grandchildren. I do a little bit of gunsmithing just for fun, and am slowly acquiring more tools for this.
Hola and hello…

Yes, there’s a shit ton of Sacramento area burners. Lot of interesting fun humans

:coffee: :mrgreen:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Return to “The Greeter's Station”