21st birthday at Burning Man 2023

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
local_dreamgirl
Burning Since: 2023

21st birthday at Burning Man 2023

Post by local_dreamgirl » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:32 pm

Hi!

I am 19 years old and am just starting to explore music festivals and experiences similar. I looked at the dates and it seems next year's burn will happen the week of my 21st birthday! I feel like this event is calling my name and I would absolutely love to attend next year.

I've watched countless videos and read many blogs but am still not quite sure where to start. If anyone has ANY starting points, early planning, or travel tips (am coming from Kentucky) I would love to hear them!

I cannot wait to meet you all on the playa! :)

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: 21st birthday at Burning Man 2023

Post by Elderberry » Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:09 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:32 pm

Start with the Kentucky regional: https://regionals.burningman.org/region ... /kentucky/
It's not Burning Man but you will meet other Burners there.
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:50 am

Burning Man in Black Rock City is a week long camping trip. So if you camp out for a week regularly in your home area you are half way there.

Transportation, as Popeye mentions can be advised by your regional. They are experienced, so they are a good resource for preparation. That would be an epic road trip.

Trillo has information to read in the pinned posts at the top of the page. If you like costumes and outfits, many people do that - temperatures range from about 40F to over 100F, so outfit layers.

Nevada drinking age is 21, so the camps serving alcohol enforce it because there is a law enforcement presence there. They would check ID at their bar, not at their door.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

morgeno
Burning Since: 2019

Post by morgeno » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:00 pm

Celebrated my 22nd on playa and it was nutso. if you're going to do this you need to research and be prepared - this is not a music festival like you are used to.
im on my freak shit

Return to “The Greeter's Station”