My Last Minute Round 2

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Nimajneb
Burning Since: 2018

My Last Minute Round 2

Post by Nimajneb » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:59 pm

Hello fellow Burners!

My name is Ben and I just received an unexpected last minute Low Income pass for 2019! That being said, I have a month and a half to get ready without a Burner family to join!

Last year was my first Burn. I attended with three other friends who were interested in going 100% solo and self-reliant. Unlike last year, there is only one of me with a fraction amount of time to prepare. I come from northeast CT area where I consider myself a dual CT/MA citizen. I am about as unique and open to anything, as my interests consist of a little bit of everything.

That being said, any direction would be greatly appreciated during this time of mutual excitement/stress to be ready!

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Re: My Last Minute Round 2

Post by Token » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:29 pm

It’s a camping trip in the desert.

You’ve done it once before.

You hopefully have last years survival guide you got at the gate, right? It’s all spelled out in there. Just read and comprehend.

What’s the question again?

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:56 pm

Sounds like you spent all last year only with your friends. Did you go out by yourself at all? This year make the effort needed to get out. If you are feeling shy go up to the third or fifth person you see and say something like "Hello, I'm XX I'm really shy and hope you will talk to me for a few minutes".
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

Doktor_Catu
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Opulent Chill

Post by Doktor_Catu » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:59 am

Dude, don't relax your planning because you have done it before. Treat it as it was your first time again *grin*

Read the survival guide; take a look at the Captain's Log series. Read Eplaya like a bored librarian on crack.

I got my ticket 2 days ago, and I am coming from Brazil (AKA Bolsozil). It's doable. Get organized to get properly dusty :D

See ya in the dust.
“Be authentic to your dreams. Be authentic to your own idea about yourself. Grind away at your own minds and bodies until you become your own invention. Be Mad Scientists.”
― Warren Ellis, Doktor Sleepless,
-findme at berzins*at*gmail------

Return to “The Greeter's Station”