Burning for the first time

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
godiechoes
Burning Since: 2019

Burning for the first time

Post by godiechoes » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:38 pm

Hi all!!!

The mix of sensations is indescribable. In fact, most of the day my mind is in there more than here. Of course after the event there will be a metamorphosis in me.

I'm from Colombia and for the moment I'm going alone! Therefore, I think the best option to get to BRC is the bus, since I'm not in a camp or group. Although, I could give the vehicle pass in case someone needs this and so be able to go with someone!
What do you recommend ?. Especially because I have achieved it through low Income and this week I would like to define the option.

I'm too anxious to see everyone there, even if it's the vast majority!

Thanks, Peace and see you en La PLaya.

MammaLisa64
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Entheos 2017 Dusty Joe's 2019

Re: Burning for the first time

Post by MammaLisa64 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:54 am

Hello,

My name is Lisa aka Mammalisa. I started this journey solo like you. I am a member of Dusty Joe's who have been so helpful and loving I think we are great match for and you a great match for us. My camp still has a few spots available, and we are looking for awesome campers like you! Dusty Joe’s Bath Bucket (The Desert Day Spa) is the most luxurious shower and spa facilities ever jammed into a corrugated metal shack. We help guests dust off in old-school burner style, providing the cantankerous edge of bayou hospitality. Showers for you included in being a camper! You can find us at 8:30 and Esplanade within Black Rock French Quarter. Take a look at our website if interested: http://www.experientialcommunity.org/du ... ust-bucket
:roll:

JayBobBoy
Burning Since: 2002

Re: Burning for the first time

Post by JayBobBoy » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:08 am

Hi godiechoes, Welcome to Eplaya!

Good job getting started early and planning ahead. There are lots of ways to do this event. You can camp solo, with a small unplaced group or you could join an established camp. Depends on what you are looking for.

Vehicle passes are pretty valuable at this point. Taking the bus really limits what you can do and can be a real hardship. I would be willing to bet you'll find someone with no vehicle pass willing to team up with you! Choose carefully though...your ride in and out needs to be reliable (as do you) or things can go sideways fast!

If it were me, I would craft a creative post in the Rideshares & Resource sharing category that gives specifics about when you want to arrive and depart, meeting place and timing, how much stuff you will have with you to transport, do you need to make stops at stores before going to the playa...stuff like that.

Good luck on your journey!
"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams

Return to “The Greeter's Station”