Hello from the pacific northwest~

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
ge-oh
Burning Since: 2019

Hello from the pacific northwest~

Post by ge-oh » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:48 pm

Hello ePlaya community!

I just recently attended my first burner camp event in Portland, danced my face off, and since then I've been nonstop reading and trying to learn about Burning Man's fascinating culture. It would truly be a dream and an honor to attend this event!

I come from rainy Seattle, where I work in a windowless pathology lab all day (it's pretty bleak, but all part of my journey in the sciences). I'm a bit of an introvert, but I have a vivid imagination and a passion for dance. In the right environment I embrace fantasy, the arts, and Radical Self-Expression. I enjoy visiting museums and beautiful architecture and art events all over~ When I travel, that is often what I focus on. Seeing the art installations at the Burn - or helping to set one up - would be incredible!

I hope I can make it to the desert come the end of August! I'm still searching for two tickets (one for me, and one to bring along a friend to help me feel safe), but I also accept that there are thousands of others in the same boat, and that I may not get my chance this year.

Either way I wanted to reach out and say hi, and introduce myself to all you wonderful people! I'm so happy to have stumbled into this enormous, generous, vision-driven community!

Sorry if this post sounds a little cheezy. Oh well :roll:

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Hello from the pacific northwest~

Post by Elderberry » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:58 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Re: Hello from the pacific northwest~

Post by some seeing eye » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Burning Man fever is a pathology, but that is not bad!

You live in a burner-rich area. If you look up Burning Man Regionals on the main Burning Man website, you will find pointers to some of the FB groups and meetups in your area. Make new face to face friends in real life through those and from your campout. Ask them for other meetup opportunities.

Face to face in real life relationships with individuals you trust are the best source of secondary market tickets.

Beware there is a lot of fraud in the secondary ticket market. It is a PITA to spend >$1000 for 2 tickets and then be turned back at the gate.

There is also a long BM for introverts thread on ePlaya if you like.

The event takes a lot of prep and packing lists. So if you are thinking of 2019, time is short.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Return to “The Greeter's Station”