It's time to finally introduce myself (and my art)

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
xanadu
Burning Since: 2019
Camp Name: BRC Welding & Repair

It's time to finally introduce myself (and my art)

Post by xanadu » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:04 am

Hello all!

It's been an incredibly busy few months preparing for my first burn, with new things constantly added to my todo list above "Send intro on BM forums". There are still a few things above it, like "research cold food storage and ice needs", but I'm making this post anyway.

Anyway, I've been (lightly) involved in regional Burner communities for about a decade. Every time I move to a new city, no matter how far from BRC, I find that a lot of my friends are active Burners. Life brought me a little closer to the desert earlier this year, and I figured now is the time to finally do it. I'm going to the playa.

I'm looking forward to challenging myself to practice Immediacy out there, hopefully bringing a bit of that back into my daily life.

And because preparing for my first time wasn't challenging enough, I'm also working on a placed, interactive art installation (lead by an experienced burner). Art is hard. But art with a deadline and a budget, that has to survive playa dust, heat, and people has been a brand new experience for me. Check out more about the lights and sounds: viewtopic.php?f=329&t=101174

I'd love to meet new, experienced, or aspiring artists to share ideas and talk about our projects.

spacetime
Burning Since: 2014

Re: It's time to finally introduce myself (and my art)

Post by spacetime » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:14 am

It is with great enthusiasm we greet your entrance to this community and personal debut at BRC.

Xanadu is a friend of mine and working on The Listener with us.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: It's time to finally introduce myself (and my art)

Post by Elderberry » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:55 am

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Return to “The Greeter's Station”