Wishing 2 Be

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Miura-7
Burning Since: 2020

Wishing 2 Be

Post by Miura-7 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:32 am

Turned 55 today. Just a man on a grain of sand, inhabited by billions of my kind. My art is your art, because you inspire me. Recently discovered Burning Man, surfing through the music I love. About midstream of the actual event. Conclusion? That is where I belong. I'm hoping a couple of things could make me relavent. I hate to put this first, but I think it's the most important."Leave no Trace." Like my credit score, it needs work. The other is my collection of vehicles, & a pile of stuff I collected. Mutant vehicle plan? Project "Keep It Simple Stupid." Well that's the first for my outline. Hope I can get a "Wonka Ticket."

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Wishing 2 Be

Post by Elderberry » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:11 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Miura-7

Me

Post by Miura-7 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:56 am

I've never been to Burning Man. I dream of a fantastical adventure. Priority! I want my big feet, to leave a tiny footprint. I want to sneak by all the little Gremlins, before they see me. I stayed for more then a few hurricanes, so I got that on my resume. When I was born, I had a temporary pillow head & two black eyes, when I lost the battle of the salad tongs. I didn't cry very much because I was fascinated with my hands & feet. While my parents thought I was going to be mentally challenged. I was really just beginning to learn how to draw hands & feet, really well. My Kindergarten teacher, wrote on my report card,"He's an Artist!!!" My 8th grade Art teacher confirmed it. I took 5 years of high school, & I barely didn't pass. Yearbook quote, where I would be?"Somewhere Else." What I would be doing?"Designing cars in France." I really liked the front wheel drive 4 door Citreon. Even more so, when Maserati got on board. So that's my credentials as an Artist. Looking back I made some poor decisions, & got on the wrong train, going in the wrong direction. None of it addiction related. I'm sure a lot of Artists, understand "ODD" Ostracized, Demoralized, & Devalued. While it is frustrating, & has an undeniable, depressing element to it. Doing what I do is in my DNA, or it's from being dropped on my head? My parents did sue the hospital for a carton of Pal Malls, & a case of Narragansett beer. Yeah, I come from white trash teenage parents, & I was the middle kid!!! Do the math. My mother passed away, the morning after my younger sisters birthday, recently. I couldn't pretend I cared. I know that sounds cold,but I'm not a Political Pretender. I know love found, & love lost. I know I'm not a heartless asshole. Louis Kahn is my favorite architect. I'm amazed how many people don't know his work, as much as I'm amazed how many people don't know Haliburton. Well that's me, next subject will be us. "Comfortable Compact Camper Design." Off the grid, maximum efficiency, minimum waste. Challenge me, challenge yourself, just do it.

Miura-7

Cardboard Cake

Post by Miura-7 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:50 am

Ocean front cardboard cake, with stucco frosting. I'm running late, in a hurricane scarred Rodeo, while this waxed gent in a Ferrari, has his cruise set on slo-ride. Oh to be a Redtail Hawk today, as the reality slap stings, I aviod running over the already flattened feathers. Gotta stop blaming everybody for everything, & do something.

Miura-7

The Obvious

Post by Miura-7 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:41 am

I am definitely no one to judge, & truly admire the extraordinary event & people that put it together. Just gotta say they go beyond that. If I never attend Black Rock, or reach out to a Burner. The whole lot of you is no less appreciated. I've been working on a project for too long, but still not long enough. Larry Harvey gave it a title, I needed. Radical Self Reliance,& Leave no Trace. What started out as square yards, became square feet, then inches, & is now cubic centimeters. I don't think I'll go smaller then that. No I'm not building a dollhouse! My 2 meter plus frame won't fit. It's a giant self contained suitcase you can live in. Thought it might be useful for something. While I should be 100% committed to this, my mind wanders off to the Mutant car lot. This is what I got. A light weight stage, that goes no more then 5 mph, & carries a decent amount of weight, with brakes of course. I'm thinking a winch motor bolted to a Volvo axle. Forward & backwards, probably don't need a suspension. Rack & pinion steering up front, and a giant lipstick kiss cnc'd out of aluminum for brake lights. With the words"Note 2 Self!" KEEP IT SIMPLE STOOPID! Still my mind wanders back to simpler Spirograph times, string art, Pete Jackson gears, & bicycle parts, collected over the years. Now we got computer laser lights! "Accept the things we cannot change, & change the things we can." Guess I'll go sort through my stuff again, & see if I can reel my mind in long enough to put something together.

Miura-7

Larry?

Post by Miura-7 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:03 am

Larry has got to be the most down to earth person to ever stand in front of the spotlight. It goes without saying,"He Will Be Missed."

Return to “The Greeter's Station”