BM 2020 Virgin from Connecticut

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Kyran
Burning Since: 2019

BM 2020 Virgin from Connecticut

Post by Kyran » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:16 am

Looking to chat with local Connecticut or New England recent BM attendees to discuss logistics, the event, and making new friends to travel with.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: BM 2020 Virgin from Connecticut

Post by Elderberry » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:36 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Sham

Post by Sham » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:56 am

Kyran wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:16 am
Looking to chat with local Connecticut or New England recent BM attendees to discuss logistics, the event, and making new friends to travel with.
Welcome to eplaya.
There is a large number of people traveling from the east coast---including NY, RI & MA. Depending where you're located, you can find regional groups who have meet-ups. Many of these groups organize trucks to transport gear to the playa.
Where in CT are you?

Kyran

Post by Kyran » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:09 am

Hi. From just outside of Hartford. I just went to my 1st local BM meetup and it was really nice. Some very Kool and interesting people. For those that did attend, i didn’t here of anyone who was planning on making the trip out next year (2020). If you know of a contact person or website I should check out please let me know. It would be great to travel with friends.

Sham

Post by Sham » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:52 am

I'm sure you've found your local regional group here https://regionals.burningman.org/region ... nnecticut/ .
If you really want to attend Burning Man, plan for yourself. So often a few friends start to dream about going, and one by one, each panics at the prospect and drops out. Personally, I find it easier to travel solo--and have for nearly 20 years. I'm happy to offer rides and even meet up on flights and share a rental car, should it align, but I never plan on it. This year, I met up with a camp mate, but next year who knows.
Radical self reliance is not just a slogan, but something to work towards. How can you do this on your own?
You can join a camp, but so many find it better to not be tied down to camp dues and work schedules all for meals and shade. That's all up to your comfort level.
Be sure to click on the links in my signature below. There's lots of important reading.

Kyran

Post by Kyran » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:59 am

Thank you Sham for the response and helpful links. Yes, I’ve been through those links several times over the last month or two. Part of my ratical self reliance is to equip myself with as much information and knowledge as possible, so I can try to arrive at the best solution for me....knowing that even the best plans sometimes change and require a backup plan. I rely and depend on myself. Again, thank you.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”