BM 2020 Virgin Family!! Can't Wait!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
jazzyjeff0214
Burning Since: 2020

BM 2020 Virgin Family!! Can't Wait!

Post by jazzyjeff0214 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:13 am

Hello everyone!! I think I'm overly excited while typing this! We and by we I mean my fiancé and I have finally decided to go ahead and get our first burning man in next year! We have also decided to bring the kiddos along because why not. If one is going to experience such an event, then we all should. It has been on my fiancé's bucket list and life is too short to leave amazing experiences on lists. I'll be turning 30 next year and I think this would be a great way to enter that. We've got a little less than a year to get everything together and we are starting now. Making sure we cross our T's and dot our I's. Finding any tips and tricks along the way. Our kids will be 2, 9 and 10 when we go and the older ones couldn't be more excited (other than knowing they won't get perfect attendance at school but who cares about that am I right). They get to pick out wigs, wear LED shoes and have walkie talkies which sold them. Plus we want our kids to have memories of different experiences, see the world differently amongst good people in such a tough world. We are ready to live in the moment, meet amazing people and hopefully gift out some vegan chocolate chip cookies! Hope to see everyone 11 months from now!

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: BM 2020 Virgin Family!! Can't Wait!

Post by lucky420 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:28 am

Hola and hello...

So excite! So munch!

Check out kidsville,they do lots of fun stuff with the kiddos and might be a good fit for you too

:coffee:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:48 pm

Welcome to ePlaya and your dusty campout adventure to come!

We've discussed much of what you will need to prepare to survive on ePlaya, unlike some other platforms with less experienced burners who just make sh*t up.

The ePlaya search box is not so great, but if you use site:eplaya.burningman.org __search term__ in Google you will get better results. I wouldn't be surprised if there are not burning parents discussion groups on a variety of platforms.

As the pinned posts at the top of this page note, there is a ton of reading material on the burningman.org website. And your "Burning Man Regional" is a great source of collaboration and experience, even experience with their own children at the event. I'm big on "Burning Man packing lists" and electrolytes.

I bet parental burners say document the h*ll out of it for your kids!

I have no idea, but I would be curious about the post-burn experience of people under 18. Adults post-burn can be manic or depressed, make sudden life choices like quitting a job, relationship, babble incessantly about the event, or run off with the circus!

(I will relate one experience of a high schooler, older than yours. Our camp of 7, 99?00 included a now friend of mine and her high school younger brother. He was the typical mopey goth disaffected high schooler. He discovered the Thunderdome and participated, then returned to school, cool kid on campus with his burning man stories. It was exactly the right thing for him at the time. She went on to found a successful nonprofit art project for homeless youth where many of our successful regional artists volunteer their time.)
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:08 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

jazzyjeff0214
Burning Since: 2020

Post by jazzyjeff0214 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:05 am

So good to be here! Thank you guys for the welcome!

Return to “The Greeter's Station”