2020 my 1st Burn

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
nicscalzadilla
Burning Since: 2020

2020 my 1st Burn

Post by nicscalzadilla » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:15 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm Nicole, most friends call me Nics! I am 30 years old and 2020 will hopefully be my first burn. I have been dreaming about this for a really long time, and I am finally able to go!

Any suggestions, tips are so welcome! I am reading and prepping beforehand, but I would love to hear any feedback from experienced Burners :P. Also, if there is anything I could potentially do to help at the event, count me in. I live in Puerto Rico so volunteering from here seems hard, but any help needed at the event, for sure I can be of some assitance.

I am so beyond greatful and exited for 2020! *crossing my fingers*

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: 2020 my 1st Burn

Post by Elderberry » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:43 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya. Stop by the ePlaya Meet-n-Greet on Wednesday starting at 6:00pm and introduce yourself to some of us ePlayans in person.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:24 am

Nicscal, Welcome. You will be able to volunteer once you get to the event. There is a Station or camp called Volunteer Resource. Or 'V Spot' for short. They keep track of all the departments that need help. You will be pretty busy just checking out everything. Read eveything you can find on the Burning Man website. Start collecting your gear. Ask questions and make lists. Good luck.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Savannah
Burning Since: 2023

Post by Savannah » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:23 pm

nicscalzadilla wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:15 pm
Hey everyone!

I'm Nicole, most friends call me Nics! I am 30 years old and 2020 will hopefully be my first burn. I have been dreaming about this for a really long time, and I am finally able to go!

Any suggestions, tips are so welcome! I am reading and prepping beforehand, but I would love to hear any feedback from experienced Burners :P. Also, if there is anything I could potentially do to help at the event, count me in. I live in Puerto Rico so volunteering from here seems hard, but any help needed at the event, for sure I can be of some assitance.

I am so beyond greatful and exited for 2020! *crossing my fingers*
Welcome! :D

Lamplighters is a great walk-up opportunity to volunteer. You literally appear at their Center Camp location at 5pm any day, without any prior registration:

https://burningman.org/event/volunteeri ... plighters/

(It's best not to overcommit your first year.)

But of course, there are many other opportunities too.
https://burningman.org/event/volunteering/teams/
*** The Burning Man Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Return to “The Greeter's Station”