New to eplaya

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
moon_rider
Burning Since: 2017

New to eplaya

Post by moon_rider » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:44 am

Good day everyone, Happy new year hope you all have a wonderful holiday season.

So about me. My name is Moon_rider, 46 laps around the sun and I am from Canada, and this year 2020 will be my 4 consecutive burn. First in 2017 changed my life in ways I am still trying to decipher. I spent (the first year) 5 days at the burn, Tue to Sunday late morning. I camped with Dang Gang which was incredible camp for a first time. Me and my wife of 22 years have been coming back ever since.

Spend the last two years with different camps and deciding this year to fly solo with my partner and if friends want to join us then we can start creating our own camp with our own freedom of creating and love. We bought a 34 foot Rv last year and was so epic to have "Foxy" (we named the RV) with us and she took good care of us. We also have a shiftpod for anyone. Were going to build shad structure for this year and see what happens. Feels really good to be doing what I wanted to do ever since I left the playa in 2017, create and build and love.

So that's me.

Love you all and looking so forward to biking out there with you.

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Re: New to eplaya

Post by some seeing eye » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:06 am

Welcome to ePlaya! And that's great news you are starting your own new camp! You are already experienced, but there is a lot of obscure knowledge and expertise on ePlaya.

What's your town in CA?
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

moon_rider
Burning Since: 2017

Post by moon_rider » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:04 pm

We live in Calgary, and thank you, yes so much more to absorb and learn on the playa.

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:20 pm

I think there might be some "theme camp organizer" faceboo groups. Several ePlayans have organized new camps. ePlaya is the best source on technical infrastructure.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Return to “The Greeter's Station”