New from the PNW - 1st Time to Burn

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
bxd1928
Burning Since: 2020

New from the PNW - 1st Time to Burn

Post by bxd1928 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:54 am

Greetings and salutations fellow virgins and veteran burners alike.

I should be attending the Burn for 2020 on a +one Ticket. I am so excited to finally get the experience and participate this year. Its been a dream of mine for many, many years and I am finally able to make this happen. Burners and the "the burner community" are most amazing people I have ever encountered.

"Playa Dust is magic. It is Love and Kindness, and once you get it on you, you can never get rid of it" - Chango
"Playa Dust is magic. It is Love and Kindness, and once you get it on you, you can never get rid of it" - Chango

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: New from the PNW - 1st Time to Burn

Post by Elderberry » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:48 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!

Be sure to stop by the ePlaya Meet-n-Greet on Wednesday at 6:00PM and meet all of the ePlayans you may have befriended here. Further details on this year's location will be posted as it gets closer to the burn.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:13 am

What is a +one ticket??
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:49 am

If you already have an experienced burner friend introducing you all the better.

There is also a "Burning Man Regional" to meet new burners in your town, coordinate on supplies, and even share a ride. It sounds like you are already connected to them!

Eplaya has a huge library of helpful information. It's better to use google to search it - site:epleye.burningman.org search terms.

If you are a costumer, it's never too early to work on that!
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

bxd1928

Post by bxd1928 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:48 am

Yes! I have already been to a regional/decompression burn. The community is awesome and I have made friends with many.

bxd1928

Post by bxd1928 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:54 am

Popeye wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:13 am
What is a +one ticket??
That is what I have heard it called, but I may have the term or heard it wrong. When someone works or gifts their service to the Org & Community, they get their own 2 tickets, and +One (or one additional ticket offered at the main sale price? *shrug* Someone help correct me what the right name is for that extra slot?

Sham

Post by Sham » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:20 pm

bxd1928 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:54 am
Popeye wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:13 am
What is a +one ticket??
That is what I have heard it called, but I may have the term or heard it wrong. When someone works or gifts their service to the Org & Community, they get their own 2 tickets, and +One (or one additional ticket offered at the main sale price? *shrug* Someone help correct me what the right name is for that extra slot?
People who volunteer may get a discounted or no charge ticket the year following volunteering. It's usually just a single ticket that's offered. They may also have access to DGS tickets, which gives them a chance to purchase tickets and a vehicle pass.

Jeannie Ginx
Burning Since: 2021

Post by Jeannie Ginx » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:09 pm

Hey there. PNW too. The Dalles, Oregon.
Normal is boring. Don't be boring.
Love

Return to “The Greeter's Station”