Burner Virgin

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
IcePhoenix
Burning Since: 2020

Burner Virgin

Post by IcePhoenix » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:46 pm

Hey everyone,

I was looking forward to experiencing BM this year and I want to still meet the community.

I live in Boulder, Colorado.
I’m a long time figure skater.
Love art, creativity, and learning.

I met the Burner community through my boyfriend’s best friend and it’s like I realized where I fit in. Seeing how this community is on a totally different spectrum creatively, entrepreneurial, etc.. and I love that it all comes from the ability to work together as a community to really create something bigger than yourselves.

Looking forward to the experience in 2021.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Burner Virgin

Post by Elderberry » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:00 pm

Hey there,

Welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Mia Martinez
Burning Since: 2020

Post by Mia Martinez » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:47 am

I completely agree with you. And the funny thing is that I just discovered this community ..

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:39 am

Welcome!

While we are all huddled up away from the coronadust storm, there are burner communities around the world that are meeting virtually. Maybe your "burning man regional" has some virtual meetups and its own social media outlets?

It is never too early to start working on costumes, outfits, and accessories!

We can be a little snarky toward individuals who are reluctant to read all the information on the main burning man website about preparation. I liken the event to a wilderness camping trip of which many are familiar, but more difficult.

We did have an individual ask a question like that, and they were pommeled. But I saw the inner question which was about the health impacts of the event on professional athletes, so I answered that, and they prepared and participated in the event. The result, completely unannounced and chance-captured with a phone by a Black Rock Roller Disco camper:

increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Return to “The Greeter's Station”