Isn't there an app for this? Just for us?

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.

Is this you?

Likes to talk
No votes
Likes to listen
No votes
Likes conversation
No votes
Likes to believe
No votes
Likes to doubt
No votes
Believes this satellite quarterly thing is sweet
No votes
Believes this satellite quarterly thing is sour
No votes
Thinks this poll is kinda dumb
No votes

Total votes: 0

DIMP a humble woo woo
Burning Since: 1986

Isn't there an app for this? Just for us?

Post by DIMP a humble woo woo » Wed May 27, 2020 10:53 pm

First off,
The fact that this eplaya is here in the first place for us to communicate and gather is the shit.
*** warning raw thoughts ***

I want us to take the essence of Burning Man and those of us who dare to believe are perfectly imperfect, and who are quite full of badassness. and everyone in between and outside of perfectly imperfect and badassness, to local places.

Satellite events.

Can we make this something new?

In light of current events that effortlessly give way to hold onto fear, despair, and hopelessness.

I say wait! Hold up! (with thoughts and ideas at times I believe are presented to me by certain means and situations and circumstances difficult to describe)

How can this moment be used to create something that may not have ever been thought of?

I am thankful for you, recognizing that I am me because of you, directly or indirectly, and am shit, or less capable, without you.

I see Burning Man type events happening quarterly locally, with the big burning man happening once per year.

What new heights can be imagined?

a little bit of humble need and a little bit of direction through pure selflessness.

I will choose serendipitous moments over joy through moments of planning.

"Hey, and what better than something terrible turning into something turriblyawesome?" Barkley, looking up from his lego creation, would say.

How do we turn this postponing of Events to a creation of new opportunities? I see some beautiful futures.

So, in light of my topic and after what I've just typed, yea I think Facebook has a platform for us to create a message group of such nature.... With instant alerts and community groups.... Realizing that privacy is a thing and that not everyone wants to be blasting private privileged pieces of one's self in places full of family and business and hasty generalization and guiltily till proven innocent, I see why there is use for screen names. For anonymity. And I find myself in a place appreciating this eplaya place.

Thank you eplaya!

DIMP a humble woo woo
Burning Since: 1986

Re: Isn't there an app for this? Just for us?

Post by DIMP a humble woo woo » Thu May 28, 2020 4:43 pm

I wish I would have dug some more before posting this.

In light of the that fact, I see the direction now through Kindling the ideas mentioned are in fact ones already in action!

Yeah!

I love the direction this is going!!

Bet!

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Re: Isn't there an app for this? Just for us?

Post by some seeing eye » Sat May 30, 2020 3:38 pm

Hello Woo Woo, welcome to ePlaya!

Often people introduce themselves here, where they are from, what draws them to the event, creative interests, and the like.

Poke around ePlaya. Your posts above may fit better in the Philosophical section.

To your question, are you aware of "Burning Man Regionals?" And specifically, the regional closest to you?

The larger regionals often have a campout, scheduled by weather, and then a decompression. Many cities also have dance events with costumes and art as often as once a month independently run, and with burner participants.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Return to “The Greeter's Station”