Lost in a Memory

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
TerenceTheScribe
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: none yet

Lost in a Memory

Post by TerenceTheScribe » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:41 pm

Greetings Burners!
In this crazy unsettled world I see the whole Burning Man Festival as a beacon that hopefully will draw us together. :D
I haven't been HOME in a long time and I am truly homesick.... (I attended solo in 2008 from Vancouver,BC ). I am now in Toronto and plan to come back HOME in 2021...you can count on it! 8)
While there I met wonderful and incredible people, but three have stood out to me recently.
Isn't memory an interesting thing, I take it as a Gift from the Universe....

I remember that young lady from Seattle I spent an afternoon with on the first Monday and we enjoyed hanging together, unfortunately I lost your email on the way back up. However, I would love to see you again even to just say hello, I hope your life and love has been great. :oops: :cry:

Midweek that year, in the evening I stopped into a venue and sat at the only stool in front of a bar and two beautiful people walked in and came right to me. A young blonde couple both standing next to me as we chatted and became instant friends. We hung out that evening and went to the HookaDome and lounged around chatting. At some point a group of other friends separated us accidentally and I did not find you two.
In any case, I would love to see how your life turned out, where you live, what has happened in this long time. :oops:
It's a long shot, time separates us, but I like to think that friendship is still a possibility, even if we only met a short time.
Stay safe, take care.
Black Lives Mater, MORE THAN EVER!

Peace.
Terry 8)

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Lost in a Memory

Post by Elderberry » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:24 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Sham

Re: Lost in a Memory

Post by Sham » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:33 pm

Hello Terry, nice to hear you're coming back home to the playa.
There are so many life altering events that happen each year on the playa, and so many people you meet who become lifelong friends. This will be my first time in 20 years that I will miss the playa. The magic will still be there in 2021.
With so much craziness going on in the world now, I look forward to leaving the planet and going to Black Rock City. A place where I can leave my computer and cell phone safely packed away and just live for every moment while there.
See you in the dust in 2021!

Sham....

Return to “The Greeter's Station”