Greetings!

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
krisaylas
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Greetings!

Post by krisaylas » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:21 am

Hello everyone! I’m beyond excited to introduce myself. My name is Kris, I hail from northern Connecticut, USA, and I’m beginning my expedition into the world of Burning Man! It’ll probably be some time before I’m actually able to go to Black Rock City in person, but for now I’m more than happy to get to experience it from afar.

A little bit about myself, I suppose: I’m 19, my pastimes include gardening, reading, and writing, and I currently live with my boyfriend and cat. Oh, and he/him pronouns please! I’m a trans man, and I’m fairly active in the community with regards to activism.

Thank you so much for stopping by, and I hope to make your acquaintance!

Sham

Re: Greetings!

Post by Sham » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:03 am

krisaylas wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:21 am
Hello everyone! I’m beyond excited to introduce myself. My name is Kris, I hail from northern Connecticut, USA, and I’m beginning my expedition into the world of Burning Man! It’ll probably be some time before I’m actually able to go to Black Rock City in person, but for now I’m more than happy to get to experience it from afar.

A little bit about myself, I suppose: I’m 19, my pastimes include gardening, reading, and writing, and I currently live with my boyfriend and cat. Oh, and he/him pronouns please! I’m a trans man, and I’m fairly active in the community with regards to activism.

Hi Kris and welcome to eplaya and the world of Burning Man. This year has been even more unusual than most. Right now I would be breaking down my camp and trying to stuff everything into my rental car--while exhausted beyond words. I would be swearing that this is my last year after nearly 2 decades, but still planning on returning. It's that kind of place.
There are countless stories, links and YouTube videos to give you a feel for the place. Still, everyone who shows up is in aw at what they're witnessing.
It's good to see another east coast person here. I'm in southern MA.
Make yourself at home here and feel free to join in the banter.
See you on the playa in 2021---just 12 short months away.
Sham....

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:30 am

krisaylas wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:21 am

Depending on how much you want to social drink in bars, you might want to wait til your 21 to come out. Bars card for real, most don’t take it lightly. You can always party at your own camp and if drinking is not your thing it’s no big deal

Hola and hello...
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:57 pm

Hello Kris and welcome.
As you read through Eplaya you will learn that there are some Burners who stay in placed camps, and some who camp by themselves. I can't think of any camps who are not queer friendly, a couple you might want to check out are Comfort and Joy, 8-bit Bunny, Camp Beaverton, Gender Blender. Most have FB pages.
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:29 pm

Hey there, welcome to ePlaya!
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Return to “The Greeter's Station”