birgin - more questions

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
art walsh
Burning Since: 2021

birgin - more questions

Post by art walsh » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:39 am

Never been but hope for 2021.
Will be flying in from FL. and renting cargo van. Will be willing to ride share, but don't know if I take someone, am i expected to also take them back to Reno?
Also, if they are getting tickets at will call, what papers should I check so that I don't get turned away for having an unticketed person in my vehicle?
Is there any graph/chart of wait times to gate for 2019? i.e. 2:00 am sun - 4 hrs, 7AM sun 6 hrs etc?

Sham

Re: birgin - more questions

Post by Sham » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:23 am

art walsh wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:39 am
Never been but hope for 2021.
Will be flying in from FL. and renting cargo van. Will be willing to ride share, but don't know if I take someone, am i expected to also take them back to Reno?
Also, if they are getting tickets at will call, what papers should I check so that I don't get turned away for having an unticketed person in my vehicle?
Is there any graph/chart of wait times to gate for 2019? i.e. 2:00 am sun - 4 hrs, 7AM sun 6 hrs etc?
Hi Art and welcome to eplaya.
It's looking a bit brighter for Burning Man to happen in 2021, but in a few months I think there will be a better grasp.
The first thing I would suggest for you is to join your local regional burner group. You'll meet a lot of people and possible find someone to fly and ride in with you and maybe camp with. You may even be able to use you cargo van to bring in camp supplies.
As far as wait times, it's very hard to judge. I will tell you that the party starts while waiting in the lines. You'll meet people in other vehicles and get invitations to camp parties. You'll know lots of people before you even cross the entry gate.
The will call tickets are before the entrance, so there's no problem having an unticketed person in the car.
There are links in my signature below. Read up on all the info and you will probably find everything you're looking for.
Good luck with your planning.
Sham....

art walsh

Post by art walsh » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:34 pm

Some more questions.

Since I'll be flying in, I will be purchasing items locally. i.e. ice chest, shade tarp, air mattress, propane stove, propane, landscape spikes, etc.
I won't be taking items back with me.
Do other burners accept stuff like this on exodus? it will be dusty. If not, who might accept?

Sham

Post by Sham » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:29 pm

art walsh wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:34 pm
Some more questions.

Since I'll be flying in, I will be purchasing items locally. i.e. ice chest, shade tarp, air mattress, propane stove, propane, landscape spikes, etc.
Do other burners accept stuff like this on exodus? it will be dusty. If not, who might accept?
I REALLY am impressed that you're thinking all the details through. I can tell you'll do great spending a week in the desert. You'll easily be able to find a person camping nearby who will gladly take an surplus supplies you may have. Many people drive to the playa from their homes, so your extra equipment would be a welcomed gift to them.

You should find a regional group local to you. Click here>> https://regionals.burningman.org/region ... h-america/

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:26 pm

art walsh wrote:
Some more questions.

Why not? grab your tarp, air mattress, stove etc. and put them in the ice chest and fly home. Yes, it costs an extra $50.00 but it's just a cost of Burning. Save them for the next Burn. Food and booze can be given to DPW, they will be glad to drink and eat your stuff.
Make sure you open the valve on your stove before packing.
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

lucky420
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:51 pm

art walsh wrote:
Some more questions.

Hola and hello...from reNO.

In the past there has been a group collecting tents/sleeping bags etc for our homeless population. I can’t think of the group but they or another group will be taking up the cause again. The info might’ve been in one of the local resource pages at burningman.org. I’ll make a thread about it when I hear
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Return to “The Greeter's Station”