Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
pinemom

Post by pinemom » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:54 am

hahaha...ok now...boogiesession....you and the wife will start to experience more and more...strange dreams...colorful thought processes....but mostly dreams!
they are called playa dreams...enjoy!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

badphish

free-wheeling newbie

Post by badphish » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:51 am

Here I am, making my pre-BRC debut. Do you think I can drive to black rock from Japan? No? Oh well, I happen to have a father in the Reno area so I guess I'll have to "visit" him. I'm coming to the playa with a 1949 camp trailer in tow, which is begging for some character on it's walls. Whose camp should I join?

Josh

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:34 am

welcome Badphish...1949 trailor sounds exquisist! Old stuff is so over looked, mind you check to see if your grey water has a holding tank or does it just drip onto the playa! "dont even ask me why I said that!" oop
(AntiM we corrected that problem RIGHT AWAY!promise!)
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

prana_md

Hello ... where do I find Burning Man in Los Angeles?

Post by prana_md » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:37 pm

Hi there.

I just moved to LA for medical school. But don't let that fool you ... I've been to my share of burning mans (men?) and am far from the square med student. where do I start? I was taking poi lessons in SF before I moved ... where can I continue? Anyone got a project for me to be a lackey on? I sew, paint, keep people hydrated, and put on band-aids. I'm aiming for Burning Man 2007 ... right before my second year starts, and a much-need soul-regeneration.

Emily, aka prana_md
Emily
“Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas ... â€

gyre

Post by gyre » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:14 pm

There was a matching car and trailer on the playa this year.
I think from 1958.
They were in Illumination Village.
I've seen a few rare trailers besides.
And I saw a raised roof hearse that was very cool.
"Everything is more wonderful when you do it with a car, don't you think?"
-girl by the fire, watching a tree moved by car bumper in the bonfire

It would be a shame if I had to resort to self-deception to preserve my faith in objective reality.

Crankful

I dont't know!

Post by Crankful » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:10 pm

I had the honor of being a naked greeter at this last burn and they took a group picture on Wednesday before the big wind shut down the gate and I was wondering if anyone has an idea how I can get one if one exsists?

Kagenin

Post by Kagenin » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:28 pm

Hi.

I'm Kagenin.

'06 was my first burn, and it was an incredible experience. I was there from tuesday until monday, and never in my wildest imagination could I ever conceived such a place ever existing, if only for short breaths of time.

I will be back. That is certain.

delta9

Intro

Post by delta9 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:19 pm

hello, this is my first time here. I have come to seek enlightenment about the burning man festival. thank you

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:02 pm

Welcome, have a look at the threads, there's lots of good information in here. I don't know about enlightenment, I personally haven't completely figured out the event myself.

Welcome home.

thekidsunited

Post by thekidsunited » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:02 am

Hey there. My name is Cats. Cats Is Hungreh. I've been lurking on ePlaya for a month or so now and thought I would start posting.

I've never been to Burning Man, although I've known about it since the late 90's (The Happy Mutant Handbook). I hope to make my first trip to the playa in 2007, and have found this site along with BurningMan.com to be a wealth of info. The ideas and posts and sense of community here have been incredible, thank you all so much for your input.

I can't wait to go.

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:24 am

welcome, united kids of hungry cats! glad you decided to make the leap, unlurk yerself, and head for our dusty home. see you there :)
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

Rabbi Dali Rick

....... POST NO BILLS ......

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:08 pm

Welcome home.... now go forth and burn something.

you're bestest pal,

the rebbi

EmJAY

Post by EmJAY » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:20 pm

Hi :) I'm Mark, or EmJAY, or whatever else you want to call me. I'm planning on skipping the first week of my sophomore year of college and making 07 my first trip to Black Rock City. I figured it need to happen after dreaming about Burning Man literally all night a couple of nights ago. I can't wait!

SED

Post by SED » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:34 pm

Hope that plan withstands the ravages of time and conscience.

See you at BRC, if it does.
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.

Commodore BMYC

First Time to Burning Man

Post by Commodore BMYC » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:55 am

HI my name is Mark. I heard about Burning Man last year and I'm making plans to attend this year. I'm a Greatful Dead fan, are there many Dead Heads at Burning Man?
To introduce people to sailing and sailboat racing

Aquapixie

Post by Aquapixie » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:40 pm

Hi, I'm Joy and I'm a virgin to BM. Can't wait for 2007's burn.

SED

Re: First Time to Burning Man

Post by SED » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:41 pm

Commodore BMYC wrote:HI my name is Mark. I heard about Burning Man last year and I'm making plans to attend this year. I'm a Greatful Dead fan, are there many Dead Heads at Burning Man?
There are many of us and there are entire camps that broadcast shows. Come wave your flag wide and high.

SED

Post by SED » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:41 pm

Aquapixie wrote:Hi, I'm Joy and I'm a virgin to BM. Can't wait for 2007's burn.

Can't wait to see you there! May I presume you'll be the one with the big smile?

Aquapixie

Post by Aquapixie » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:18 pm

SED wrote:
Aquapixie wrote:Hi, I'm Joy and I'm a virgin to BM. Can't wait for 2007's burn.

Can't wait to see you there! May I presume you'll be the one with the big smile?
Can't wait to be there ! Always a smile on my face.. :D
)'(

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:03 pm

Hello to both Marks, and welcome. Grateful Dead? Yes, you'll find some friends into that, not to mention all the other jam bands since. I like the idea of blowing off school for the burn-- makes it that much more naughty.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

robotland

Re: First Time to Burning Man

Post by robotland » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:02 am

Commodore BMYC wrote:HI my name is Mark. I heard about Burning Man last year and I'm making plans to attend this year. I'm a Greatful Dead fan, are there many Dead Heads at Burning Man?
Done a little Truckin' myself...The Outer Streets of BRC always remind me of the parking lot at a Dead show.
Howdy From Kalamazoo

iko_haze

Post by iko_haze » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:07 am

Well hello everyone. I'm planning a trip to burning man either this year or the following. Hope to see everyone later this year. :D

shadowkittymonster
Burning Since: 2008

Post by shadowkittymonster » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:40 pm

Hey all! :D my name is Krystal, and i am a newbie to the whole exp. i plan on attending my first burn this year. i have always wanted to go, but i finally this is the year. i know its like almost 9 months away but... im still excited nonetheless.
\anyways--- i am 19 and i work in a plus size womans clothing store called the AVENUE. i am doing this until i turn 21 in sept of 2008, when i will become a part of the California State Correctional Officer. yeah im gonna be a C.O. whick is odd because i am not an everyday person--- i mean today i had to unpack like a zillion pairs of panties, and i was singning my own rendition of "munchkinland" but turned it into "panty land" har har har- youd have to be me or know me really well to know that my imagination flys- anywyas i decided to join this site, so i can 1- make some new friends
2- prepare for the trip
3- and to bug the living crap outta yall:P lol anyways talk to you all soon

chow
k 8)

MikeVDS
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Post by MikeVDS » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:05 pm

Welcome. Glad to have new members around. This is a good place to get advice from many different people. Since the experience is different for everyone people prepare in different ways, though if you get the basics down you'll have a great time.

shadowkittymonster

Post by shadowkittymonster » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:39 pm

:)))))) im just so glad i found a community (is that what were called???) that is so opena nd nice , i mean i have yet to run into some one who is being an asshole for assholes sake:P

<<<<----------------- for the record. i can be one lol

so i must ask- do you really need ALL the stuff that ppl suggest you bring----- you know like a uhals worth of stuff- cuz i only have a 1995 toyots carolla dx and im bringing the husbuddy too---hmmmm

maybe ill bungg chord it to the roof LMAO:PPP

MikeVDS
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Post by MikeVDS » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:44 pm

i mean i have yet to run into some one who is being an asshole for assholes sake:P
That's cause you've only been here 15 minutes. Just wait and you'll meet them(us), but they(we) are the special kind.
do you really need ALL the stuff that ppl suggest you bring----- you know like a uhals worth of stuff-
Nope. I'd say your first years just bring mostly what you need. The u-hauls of stuff is for large art projects and theme camps. You may want to do those sorts of things in the future but based on what you've said you should just experience it the first year and get inspired.

shadowkittymonster

Post by shadowkittymonster » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:59 pm

hey maybe ill befriend an asshole :PP because you never know, they do say two eyes are better than one,,,, maybe that could also be used for sphinkters lol:P

helitack
Burning Since: 2004

Post by helitack » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:32 pm

Sphincter

Spelling minus 5 points
Actively helping President Trump build the wall

Winning hearts and minds in lovely TexMexistan...

shadowkittymonster

Post by shadowkittymonster » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:14 pm

tee hee! yeah im horrible at spelling lol:PP

i lurnd to reed an rite all tanx to hukd on foniks

har har har

(you have to be able to laugh at yourself, or youll never be sane ((((like i am)))) lol)

k

skeetsh00ter

Post by skeetsh00ter » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:03 pm

hello everyone! 2007 is going to be my fist year participating, since i got the idea of going in my head a couple of months ago i haven't been able to stop thinking about it. I will be driving from the east coast so i hope it will be worth it (im sure it will be).

I look forward to meeting all of you...well, some of you.

ben

Return to “The Greeter's Station”