Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
PegasusTheFlyingHorse

Post by PegasusTheFlyingHorse » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:35 pm

I'm Pegasus the Flying horse and I'm trying to figure :roll: out how to post my art installation on the e-playa so that other Burners could pull it up and see if they're interested in a project called "the golden spiral".
PEGASUS AND SKEETER JONES

PegasusTheFlyingHorse

Volunteers requested for The Golden Spiral 2007 on the playa

Post by PegasusTheFlyingHorse » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:38 pm

We are looking for helpers for building the Golden Spiral on the playa this year. It's wonderful project with a tree in the center of the spiral that you can climb into. We live in San Francisco and I have a studio and am currently working on an enchanted garden which will be part of this installation. Please go on www.clearheart.org to view the project in its entirity.
PEGASUS AND SKEETER JONES

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:07 pm

Hi Pegasus

And welcome!!

You might post your project in the 2007 Art & Performance threadfor the best chance of others seeing it and wanting to get involved.

And welcome to you, too bigbluedoggy!! I must say I like your avatar. Glad to see the new faces aroud here. We'll have to cruise The Contraption by the Destiny Lounge for a little visit.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:16 pm

I checked the link, and that's a very nice looking project, Pegasus. Spirals are very important to me and I'm looking forward to seeing this piece.

Nice millwork examples too.

Windowlicker

Post by Windowlicker » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:53 pm

Yellow I be JB of Midwest Mayhem.

I enjoy moonlit walks on the beach, vegetarians, and nude unicycling.
Love, Dance, Trance

Kaisenji Gypsyrose

Post by Kaisenji Gypsyrose » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:02 pm

Kaisenji Gypsyrose here with her not so magical ride Fantastic Voyage the old Potato Bus.
We both be virgins to the playa and busting our cherry is a major goal. KISS is the way we go.

I hope.
When a man tells you he got rich through hard work, ask him whose? - Don Marquis
---
Know Thyself-Delphi Temple BCE

Nick Collide

Post by Nick Collide » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:20 pm

While KISS is normally a good way to go, radical self-reliance dictates that you plan for the worst and hope for the best. There are posts somewhere around here on what people bring to the playa every year and you might be surprised how long some of those lists are. And then are those that say: Water, Food, Shelter, and ummmmm....oh yeah, a Ticket. Find a good balance for you between those two and you should do great.

Welcome Home! 8)

Somnivore

Post by Somnivore » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:59 pm

Hey all, another virgin here, planning to go this year. Going to make the drive from Fla., stay the full week. Looking for a change from the ordinary, everyday grind. Work in the Orlando area, live near Daytona.

Ak01

Post by Ak01 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:39 pm

Hi, my name is Ak01. I live in the bay area but I'm kind of from all over the place. I was pointed in the direction of this board from some nice people on tribe.net. This will be my first year at BurningMan, and its been a really long time in coming. I've been trying to convince myself to go for years now!
-Ak01

Fat SAM

Post by Fat SAM » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:21 pm

To those of you who don't know or remember me, I'm Steve, but SAM or Fat SAM will do just as well. Four years burner, seven years dj, 13 years snowboarder, 20 years skater, 28 years old. I just moved up to Portland from Reno and it's going to be rough making it to the burn this year, but I'm going to make it happen by hook or by crook. Or by van. I'm starting at PSU in the fall and my continuing major is philosophy. I'm divorced and have a lovely girlfriend I call Natelie. She calls herself that, too, sometimes.
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.

gyre

Post by gyre » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:45 pm

Hi Sam or Steve.
I remember you from somewhere.

Now, let's see, you've been attending as one of those reno slackers daytripping casually to the event and now you have to go from Portland?
As I try to work out my over 4000 mile commute, I'll stop for a moment to ponder the agony of a Portland trip....

I can't wait to move to sf and whine about the trip from there! :D
"Everything is more wonderful when you do it with a car, don't you think?"
-girl by the fire, watching a tree moved by car bumper in the bonfire

It would be a shame if I had to resort to self-deception to preserve my faith in objective reality.

Fat SAM

Post by Fat SAM » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:59 pm

Yeah, I know...it's rough. But! I never took for granted the fact that it was so easy to get to the Playa from Reno. On the contrary, I gloated horribly. In truth, I don't figure it'll really be that bad. Ten, twelve hours road trip in my behemoth van. I like driving. I just need to tighten the old belt this year on goofy stuff, is all. No hundred-fifty dollar drinkathon for just little ol me and smarter food shopping...Costumes from the Black Rock Boutique, which I can trade for, of course. I just need to be a little more resourceful.

What's hardest this year is actually just doing it so soon after a move. Everything's still in the air and I'm taking off from underneath it, you know?
Thanks to Addis, I had more free time.

gyre

Post by gyre » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:30 pm

I know about the moving part.
I have been trying to move and been buried in soap opera.
It nearly cost me the trip last year and might this year too.
Not if I can help it though.

Come to think of it, I have never met anyone from reno at the burn who was grumpy.
Maybe three days in the back of a van really isn't a spiritual experience?
On the plus side, techno puts me right out now.

It would be a shame if I had to resort to self-deception to preserve my faith in objective reality.

Gordman

Post by Gordman » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:35 am

Hello, my name is Gordman, i am a new member here and i am glad to be whit you on this forum. See Ya!

gyre

Post by gyre » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:18 am

Good to see you, Gordman.

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:39 pm

Oh FatSAM, of course I remember you. We had some good conversations in '05 at the M&G. How've you been?

Good to see you around.

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:44 pm

Gordman wrote:Hello, my name is Gordman, i am a new member here and i am glad to be whit you on this forum. See Ya!
Welcome Gordman.

What brings you to this place? This strange, strange place.

Finnegan

Post by Finnegan » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:51 pm

Welcome Ak01 and Gordman too! Nice to have you both here! Got any questions? We'll make up answers..
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd

theVeganBus

The Vegan Bus

Post by theVeganBus » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:02 am

I am helping coordinate a project called the Vegan Bus which will be driving to burning man on vegetable oil! We aren't going to be able to be an art car this year but next year definitely. We are based on the happy and fun aspects of veganism, which for me revolves around sensual food and a compassionate community. So no videos of slaughterhouses or anything! Maybe a pillow room made up of fuzzy animals to start with though... vegans like to cuddle.

check our website for details and updates, and if you are interested in joining us somewhere between Northampton MA and Black Rock let us know!
Derek Goodwin
www.theveganbus.com

cdchang

links from gyre

Post by cdchang » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:22 am

I'm a couple weeks late, but wanted to thank you SO much for the links for photos and videos - so awesome!!!!!

gyre

Post by gyre » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:30 pm

Glad you enjoyed them.
How about more?
Have you seen these?

http://vrm.vrway.com/issue14/BEYOND_BEL ... EVANS.html

http://pic.templetons.com/brad/pano/

Slang

Post by Slang » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:03 pm

Time for introduction I think =)
Hey guys I'm Slang, I discovered Bman about two years ago or so and have been dying to go ever since. I know BRC is my home. Now that I'm 18 (as of April) I'm ready for my virgin burn this summer. My boyfriend and I are comin' from SoCal and I'm very much excited! I've been thinking about making some jewelry of some sort for gifting but could never think of what to make... I think I finally know, after recieving one from a homeless guy in Venice Beach a while back and it just lifted my spirits - I hope it will do the same for those I gift it to =)

(aaahh I can't wait! 65 days!)

Star Studded Riot

Post by Star Studded Riot » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:08 pm

I'm Kate. I go to Notre Dame, am a [i]huge[/i] Irish football fan, and would adore running into a burner up there. I haven't actually ever been to a festival, but from what I hear, I think that it's the home that I've always subconsciously been craving. Hopefully this year, anyway. I love reading, especially Kurt Vonnegut, who's pretty much turned me into a devout Bokononist. Music is my next love, both playing and listening. Give me an hour with a good indie cd, and I'm pretty much set. Other than that, I like flamingos, BIG sunglasses, David Hasselhoff, Chinese food, and people.

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:53 am

Somnivore wrote:Hey all, another virgin here, planning to go this year. Going to make the drive from Fla., stay the full week. Looking for a change from the ordinary, everyday grind. Work in the Orlando area, live near Daytona.
Hiya Som. Love your avatar pic! There's a guy not afraid to walk into this room just as he likes (if indeed you are a guy).

Welcome to our little neck of the woods. Get ready for the time of your life, and be sure to bring some great music for your long drive here and back.

Sincerely

MJM
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

Shepherd

Burner in spirit

Post by Shepherd » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:56 pm

Shepherd here. I've wanted to attend BM for the better part of a decade, but the realities of my life have prevented me until now. My wife, Flutterby, and I will be attending this year, staying with The Children of Chaos. We are desperately in need of having our minds blown!

Finnegan

Post by Finnegan » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:57 pm

Czech. Will do.

Welcome and all that!
"No one is innocent, citizen. We are merely here to determine the level of your guilt."
- Judge Dredd

Somnivore

Post by Somnivore » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:28 pm

Looks like I'm set to be a medical volunteer this year. Virgin and volunteer in same year, should be interesting. Any other Fla medical people around here?

overkyll
Burning Since: 2002

Post by overkyll » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:09 pm

hello old friends and those i've yet to meet. this will be my 6th burn so it's probably a little late in the game to introduce myself. i am probably best described as a loner who likes to participate. i am drawn to bm equally by the "radical self reliance" and the (childlike) wonder i find at every turn on every street at brc. i always describe bm as camping with 40,000 of my closest friends...and i can't wait to see you again!
"You can survive anything...assuming it doesn't physically kill you"

RINGMASTER

Post by RINGMASTER » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:08 pm

will be my 2nd year... had such a good time last year that i paid for my sisters ticket to come check it out this time!

met some really great people - looking forward to seeing them again as well as meeting many new friends.

live in astoria, oregon. stationed here with the coast guard. call las vegas home.

see you all next month!

fre

Post by fre » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:47 am

hi there, I'm Freda, my friends call me any number of things, including Fre, for short. 26 year old virgin to Burning Man, but I've been to two regional burns (PDF) and several burner parties.

I live in Baltimore in an artist warehouse with 3 veteran burners, and 3 virgin burners (including myself) and 2 other artists.

I write, craft, sing, perform, pretend to play guitar, bang on pots and pans and have been practicing my own religion for years now. I am looking forward to the heat of the desert, because here in Baltimore not only is it stupid hot, but it's stupid humid!

Now that I've grokked out the most important details (thanks largely to this message board), I am so excited!

Return to “The Greeter's Station”