Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
CdnChick

Post by CdnChick » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:44 am

Hello everyone,

Virgin burner coming down from Calgary, Alberta, Canada and I'm looking forward to taking in the experience first hand.

Wish me luck at the border!

H.

muley

Post by muley » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:15 pm

Mike and Mary here in washington state, heading over for the northwest burn in two weeks. We caint wait to get back to the big event in aug.

Zona_the_stona

Re: Gosh Darn...

Post by Zona_the_stona » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:22 pm

Last Real Burner wrote:Zona, WarmFuzzy, VerbenaMaya, Dan the virgin burner Man, Alice (great site Andy), and the adorable Lothos.

Hi guys, welcome to the board.Image

so friendly,
mr smith
thank you kindly sir

looking forward to the burn more and more as the days pass. The burners i've met so far have been nothing but friendly and helpful. I can't wait to go home. 87 days and counting..

I picked up my ticket from the post office the other day and it looks awesome!

tonka

Post by tonka » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:51 pm

i cant remember if ive already introduced myself on this thread, but ill go again just for fun.. :D

alberta burner virgin right here!

so excited to be hanging out on the playa!

if anyone has any incredable tips or stories feel free to PM me. i love PM's...

love to you all.
[size=75]baring your soul kinda feels like taking off a PVC catsuit after dancing in it all night at a techno rave party...[/size]

MusicVixen

My Name Is....My Name Is....

Post by MusicVixen » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:01 pm

Hello Everyone!!! MusicVixen (aka Jeanette) here!! 2004 will be my second burn. I am sooooooooo ready to go home!!! Only 74 more days for me!!! I'm 41 years younger and getting younger!!! Can you tell by my playa name that I've been into music most of my life?!?! :D My only son is currently on his way to Iraq, so this year will have a special meaning for me as he was supposed to go with me this year. He told me he would just be in a different desert. :) I had not known about Burning Man until last year. I re-connected with an old friend of mine from high school who had been working at this event for many years at the gate. He told me that of all the people he knew in school that I would be the one person he thought he would run into on the playa. Long story short, he made it possible for me to go last year. It's one of the best gifts I've ever been given!!

See everyone on the playa!!!!!!!!!! :)
[color=indigo]MusicVixen[/color]

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:16 pm

Hey Random_Caribou... You’re not too far from me, at least when viewed relative to the drive to Nevada.

Howdy, CdnChick... Good luck at the border!!!

And Muley... Two people or two personalities?

Hey tonka... haven’t seen you in a while.

MusicVixen...

I’m very sorry that your son won’t be able to be there with you. I know that must be hard to know on top of all the worry. But remember this when you’re out there on the playa. Get down, open up your palms and place them on the ground. Feel real deep down in there... with your heart, not your hands. Buried down in there, in that continuous ocean of rock and dirt that we all move upon are the echos of footsteps. Footsteps of those who walked today and those who’ve tread here before us since time immemorial. Echos of toddlers first steps and old men’s canes. And sounding along with that cacophony are the footfalls of the one I know you miss so dearly, walking at that very moment just around the other side of this same earth.

Tonight I’ll place a candle, next to the others, in prayer and hope of your son’s safe passage and return.

See you out there...
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

Last Real Burner

Pass the Grey PouPont Please...

Post by Last Real Burner » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:13 pm

Hi MusicVixen, Tonka (saying it again even if I've said it once), Mule et al, CdnChick------Woohooo!!!!!! Canadian Women Rock, Eh!, You too LostMachine (fear not, it will be magical), GreyOtter, Random_Caribou (can't wait to hang out on the playa with ya...)

Hi hi Hi Image

"Be prepared to be part of someone else's experience."

warmly,
mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:30 pm

Hi i'm apollonaris zeus and a burner since 1999.

I am real glad that people posting here are not giving out their real names, exact addresses and fewer are posting their real photos- mine are always real!

There have been a few people that have had trouble with some lurkers and some local authorities using their affiliation with burning man to be used against them politically and socially.

My real name means: the savior (not to be confused with Jesus- I have no intentions of dying for YOUR sins- mine are enough!)

A II Z

ebaynelson

Post by ebaynelson » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:21 am

I heard about BM years ago, but mostly forgot about it until this year, when my dad announced that he will be attending with his new girlfriend, who apparently plays in the BM marching band. My dad and I are both from Michigan, and I checked out the BM site just to find out what my dad was getting into. He just turned 60 three days ago, and his attitude has gotten younger every year since he divorced my mom. No worries - it's turned out best for everyone. No latent bitterness (at least not anymore).

I have to say that BM sounds pretty cool, and maybe in a couple of years I'll have the time to attend. I have two sons (#1 just turned 2, #2 is 8 months), and they take up a bit too much time right now to make a foray to the Nevada desert. Sounds like it would make for a killer road trip, though. My wife does not share my enthusiasm for hanging out with unusual people in unusual places, but I love her to death anyway. Maybe if things keep going between my dad and his girlfriend, I'll tag along.

I got swept onto the ePlaya by RingO'Fire's story about kidnapping his brother on the Youthful Indiscretions thread. A real page-turner.

We collect and drive old French cars, particularly Citroens - hence the avatar. They're sort of like art cars right from the factory (they were built with a hydraulic suspension), but I was known in high school to drive one adorned with plastic army men and other detritus. Industrial strength double-stick tape works wonders.

White Russian, anyone?
[color=darkred]~~~
The solutions all are simple... But they're simple only when you know already what they are.

Robert M. Pirsig
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance[/color]

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:51 am

ebaynelson wrote:
White Russian, anyone?

Sure, but does she speak engish and how much will it cost?

this is a half joke/ half real.

I'm not russophobe even though a good friend's Russian Mail Order Bride is asking for a divorce, half of his empire and they have only been marred for three years. He was stupid to think otherwise from the beginning even though

I had warned him.

A II Z

shitmouse

Post by shitmouse » Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:25 pm

just a note to or canadian burners, there seems to be a good collection of canadian burners camped between 6:00 & 8:00 about 5 streets back.

really good people. quite a few too spread around there.
-b
=-=-= \<>/ =-=-=

Friendly Jen

I am Friendly Jen

Post by Friendly Jen » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:11 pm

If I make it this will be year 5 for me. I am the friendliest person and certainly the friendliest Jen and most definately the friendliest postal worker :twisted: :!: I like to host sexy romps.

Last Real Burner

There's no time like the past-present....

Post by Last Real Burner » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:13 pm

Hi Jen Welcome to the board...Image

mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".

lemonade

Post by lemonade » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:27 pm

Hiya

Lemonade here - I met a guy for a date at the town hall meeting in April for our first date :-) and had heard of burning man but didnt know much about it - from Ireland and moved to states (NY) and out here just a few years.

I was swept away by how friendly everyone was and how I seemed to be at the right place and right time for me to go, so I bought a ticket there and then and signed up as a greeter to volunteer. I didnt assume I'd be with the same guy to camp but as it turns out we are going together - been going along very nicely and he helped make my bustier of old numbers lol - and also having a wee virgin Jeff camp since half of them are jeffs it seems - we're getting a RV as being newbies probably a good idea and having lots of fun watching the videos of burning man, planning and counting down the days. Met some amazing people already and drinking lots of water to get myself as hydrated as possible ;-)

Counting down the days and playing music while I type another packing list

Seeya on the playa - or at the gate - Irish Greeter Chick with red hair - welcoming you home
Get off the cross we need the wood

Last Real Burner

Ta Dah!....................

Post by Last Real Burner » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:39 am

Hi Lemonade...Image

I'll be looking for you.... I'll be the guy coverd in Playa Dust.

couragously,
mr smith

reboot

Post by reboot » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:33 pm

Okay, be gentle...second year burner, first time poster. Just wanted to say hi in a friendly forum.
reboot - the solution for everything

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Re: about me

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:36 pm

PurpleKoosh wrote:
Lothos wrote:I am Lothos(aka Desertswine,Desertpig,Medic 5). This will be my 6th burn,I am the Sex Crimes officer for the Chupacabra Policia. :twisted:
Hey, ya big FREAK! How the hell are you? *hug* We were taking your name in vain on Tribe t'other day....
Dang it--where on tribe? (And what does it mean when a Chupa gives away the bride at the wedding?)

theCryptofishist

Much belated intro

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:42 pm

theCryptofishist aka BlueBirdPoof.
2x burner--worked with Emergency Services Department both years previous as a medic; I'm not an EMT and since they tightened up requirements (a good thing) not sure where I'll be this year. (There's p l e n t y of time.)
Getting married on the Thursday before the burn.

PurpleKoosh
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Post by PurpleKoosh » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:57 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
PurpleKoosh wrote:
Lothos wrote:I am Lothos(aka Desertswine,Desertpig,Medic 5). This will be my 6th burn,I am the Sex Crimes officer for the Chupacabra Policia. :twisted:
Hey, ya big FREAK! How the hell are you? *hug* We were taking your name in vain on Tribe t'other day....
Dang it--where on tribe?
Jeez, I couldn't even begin to tell you at this point...it's been ages. (I think RedTux was involved with the discussion somehow, though.) The fact that they don't have a notification system similar to the one here is about the only thing I don't like about Tribe.
theCryptofishist wrote:(And what does it mean when a Chupa gives away the bride at the wedding?)
I don't even want to know.... Knowing Lothos, prima notte is involved somehow.
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.

sparkletarte

~

Post by sparkletarte » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:05 pm

Hi again!!!

froopyscot

Post by froopyscot » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:29 pm

Hi all,

I'm a complete newbie, but it seemed like this might be the best place to jump in. I've been wanting to travel to BM for at least six years now, but have realized that this year isn't going to happen, either. Next year's plans, though, start now - which sounds crazy except for the problems involved in trying to find three weeks vacation (driving from Boston).

Some of you east-coast folks have done it - how long do you allow for the trip out and back? I'm also thinking of what sort of contribution I could make - I have a design for a solar bread oven I want to try so maybe I could bake fresh bread for folks during day three or something, assuming everyone's perishables would have probably gone to the trash bag by that point.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures and stories from this year's, and here's hoping for 2005.
[i]signatures-r-us, for all your signature needs. call us today, ask for ned.[/i]

becca

Hi

Post by becca » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:23 am

I just wanted to say hi and to say how excited I am to be coming home (my second time) this year. C U there!

Becca

Lothos

Post by Lothos » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:32 pm

Prima Notte,you bet it does,and add Prima facia,Prima Donna.Oh and the newbees must come by and pay homeage to me to get their Playa Shellback Card.And this this year I will be very Prima Naughty. Lothos

Lothos

Post by Lothos » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:36 pm

lothos will arrive on playa either on 8/28 or 8/29. I will be Station 9 aka Tokyo Medical Outpost. Lothos :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:27 am

Lothos wrote:Prima Notte,you bet it does,and add Prima facia,Prima Donna.Oh and the newbees must come by and pay homeage to me to get their Playa Shellback Card.And this this year I will be very Prima Naughty. Lothos
HA! you don't scare me. I have a surprise or two up my sleeve this year too!

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:27 am

Lothos wrote:lothos will arrive on playa either on 8/28 or 8/29. I will be Station 9 aka Tokyo Medical Outpost. Lothos :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I may be there to greet you.

Sloan

Post by Sloan » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:20 pm

TheMuse wrote:Euro Trash rocks! Maybe you could start a EuroTrash camp, while I could do a WhiteTrash camp and we can have mixers!
I am pretty sure that's been done...or has it. Yep. It has. If not. There's always Camp Skynard in Gigsville

RedTux

Post by RedTux » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:33 pm

PurpleKoosh wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:
PurpleKoosh wrote: Hey, ya big FREAK! How the hell are you? *hug* We were taking your name in vain on Tribe t'other day....
Dang it--where on tribe?
Jeez, I couldn't even begin to tell you at this point...it's been ages. (I think RedTux was involved with the discussion somehow, though.) The fact that they don't have a notification system similar to the one here is about the only thing I don't like about Tribe.
What am I being accused of saying this time? :-) I hope I didn't perform another foot and mouth manuver. :-)

Koosh, what BM tribes you a member of? Perhaps the offending post can be found...

Ph33r the desert swine!

Sloan

Post by Sloan » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:33 pm

I am Sloan. This will be my seventh year. I love the desert. I love BRC. I am coming from Chicago this time. I hate hippies and Wal-Mart.

If you are a hippy, have a shot of whiskey waiting for me. If you don't have whiskey, gimme a cold beer. And it had better not be hippy beer, either. I am not friends with Miller anything, except maybe the Lite kind in a can. Keep your fithy Coors, too. I also hate your dumb Bud beers. All of 'em.

I like PBR. If you're a hippy without a PBR, I will smush your head with my spikey playa mittens.

I don't care about your aura, either. And keep your stupid sage to yourself. I don't like yoga or meditation. I once ate a Shaman for breakfast.

stuart

Post by stuart » Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:02 pm

I like PBR.
so this means you are not a hippie, but a hipster. Right?

Return to “The Greeter's Station”