Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
rikdatek

Post by rikdatek » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:53 pm

I can see I have a lot of reading to do here. The initial agreement we have to agree to before registering is a bit long. I fell asleep twice while reading it.

Anyway I'm big into biodiesel homebrew.
Rick da Tech
www.b100supply.com

Shadowsam

Hey All

Post by Shadowsam » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:11 pm

Name is Shadowsam, I am new the whole burner community, thankfully I was able to go Elysium last week and I must admit I had a hell of a time. Just looking to make new friends and to live life a hell of a lot more. 8)

I ran into a bunch of the folks at the comic con this weekend as well.

Sad to say I cant make burning man this year but next year, it is in the plan. I will be looking to buy a Van and my goal is to give the red light district a run for its money. :)

Rabbi Dali Rick

......... Santa Is Crazy And He Stole All That Stuff .....

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:21 pm

Holy Canoly So Many New People

Welcome home all....

There are many threads concerning Ultra brainy stuff like String Theory, Quantum Harmonics and such if not just start one.....

(Shouts Down Stairs) We're gonna need more sandwichs up here!

the rebbi

Boatguy

gonna burn one down?

Post by Boatguy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:14 pm

Hey y'all,
this is boatguy, I'm a first time burner. I remember hearing about burning man for the first time when I was about 14, I've been intriuged ever since. So now I'm a veteran of the second gulf war, a student of music therapy, and a weekend environmentalist. I play guitar in the group Humanhero, and I play percussion in the band Coheiba Blues -both of which are alt-acoustic psychedelic jam bands.or crap, we're not quite sure which. Either way, its more fun than I have time to deal with. I live in louisville, ky but my head is in an abyss amongst schools of brightly- coloured green jelly fish and purple dragon moths. purple sunburst dragonmoths-with red eyes from smoking too much hash. But its ok, someday I'll have time to go camping and do some real wilderness survival, hopefully before we run out of wilderness. So, next time you are on the playa, if you run into a dude wearing a plaid skirt with a beard and a gasmask, its probably your old buddy, Boatguy, so say whatup.
Later,
boatguy
Never get out of the boat.
Absolutely goddamn right.
Unless you were goin' all the way.
Kurtz got off the boat. He split from the whole fuckin' program.

Zoom

Post by Zoom » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:16 pm

Welcome Boatguy, i myself am a desert storm veteran. look forward to seeing you on the playa.
thank god for the powers that look out for us and guide us through this wild ride to find out that there is life afterwards.

ansi

Post by ansi » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:08 pm

Boatguy & Zoom

Thank you so much for being part of our armed forces and risking your lives for us.

It takes so much courage to do that and I am forever grateful for folks like you who take that risk!

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:32 pm

yo Boatguy, Uncle Sam's Canoe Club? If so, which canoe?

Boatguy

canoe's are too big for me

Post by Boatguy » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:40 pm

I was on a Mk-V from special boat team 20 in little creek, va
this may sound like crap, but I've only spent about 3 hours aboard an actual ship. they thought we were crazy when we came on board sporting beards and pt shorts.
oh, what fond memories.
give me a jet boat and a MK19!

is there a vessel close to your heart?

-boatguy
Never get out of the boat.
Absolutely goddamn right.
Unless you were goin' all the way.
Kurtz got off the boat. He split from the whole fuckin' program.

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:46 pm

Welll, actually I was at comstas, they didn't let women onto cool ships at the time. Diego Garcia is a fave, and I spent a lot of time in yokosuka. mylarry did the gulf on the Dubuque.

Zoom

Post by Zoom » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:22 am

ansi wrote:Boatguy & Zoom

Thank you so much for being part of our armed forces and risking your lives for us.

It takes so much courage to do that and I am forever grateful for folks like you who take that risk!
thank you, very much. hope to see you on the playa, we are bringing a camo tent for our camp
thank god for the powers that look out for us and guide us through this wild ride to find out that there is life afterwards.

Rabbi Dali Rick

Re: Rabbi Dali!!

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:36 am

Hi Nat.....

Welcome back home glad to see ya, we missed you something terrible! Glad to hear about the new job (Yeah!) and that you and your brother are going to make it this year. A Playa wedding seems to be in order here, maybe we'll WEDDING HOUR at the Meet and Greet this year (I'll bring a Pope outfit :lol: )

Hey let me by you a welcome back drink at the e-playa bar here

http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic. ... tart=65610

of course,

the rebbi

stew

Post by stew » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:40 am

I'm Stefan from Germany, 28 years young. I've had many friends tell me about Burning Man, and last year I made it to the decompression party in San Francisco, so I got at least a glimpse of Burning Man. This year, I'll be coming to the desert with my friends from California. Since I won't be flying in until the weekend before BM, I cannot contribute as much as I want to (Airlines like neither 30 foot sculptures nor propane gas), but I'll do my best to contribute the atmosphere in spirit.

Zoom

Post by Zoom » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:27 am

stew wrote:I'm Stefan from Germany, 28 years young. I've had many friends tell me about Burning Man, and last year I made it to the decompression party in San Francisco, so I got at least a glimpse of Burning Man. This year, I'll be coming to the desert with my friends from California. Since I won't be flying in until the weekend before BM, I cannot contribute as much as I want to (Airlines like neither 30 foot sculptures nor propane gas), but I'll do my best to contribute the atmosphere in spirit.
Willkommen zum burningman, viel spass auf den playa.
where in germany are you from. i spent 6 years in herzogenaurach

stew

Post by stew » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:13 pm

Danke!
I'm from Ulm, southern Germany - midways between Munich and Stuttgart.

SED

Post by SED » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:00 pm

Bist du um Ulm, am Ulm, oder im Ulm herum?
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:09 pm

Welcome new faces!!!

Boatguy... there's a handful of burners that hang around the Louisville area. Loosely knit and subject to the flow of things, but have been known to coalesce from time to time. Hang around here and check it all out.

Welcome to eplaya... and Welcome Home.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:04 pm

stew wrote:Danke!
I'm from Ulm, southern Germany - midways between Munich and Stuttgart.
Welcome, Stew. I'm with Kamp Apokiliptika and hope you have a great first burn. I was at the SF Decompression with our MiniMan land puppet last year and we also had a great time. Click below for this year's project.

We are at (friendly) war on the playa this year with Robots Unite and Camp Herring. There is a great truce planned at Club Verboten featuring Kraftwerk music on playa Thursday. Hope to meet you.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

kharma775

crazy Sagittarius on her way to the Playa!!

Post by kharma775 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:28 pm

Ok, so I'm not that crazy anymore... who can blame me.. working for the man (government, not burning), married for almost 8 years and I have a twelve year old daughter.. lots of same ol, same ol... this is why I'm SO excited to be attending my first Burningman... ok, not much of an intro, but I usually make more sense in person.. so when you get to BM this year, seek out the tiny little red head with the eyebrow piercing.. if it's not me, it's probaby an even cooler chick, so lucky you :)

OregonRed
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Post by OregonRed » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:46 am

Hi Kharma... Welcome... You're gonna have a good time!
M*A*S*H 4207 We're not doctors.

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:47 am

There's never enough redheads!

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:18 pm

wow, and i remember when OregonRed was the newb :) ah burningman...it's good to be us, huh?
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

stew

Post by stew » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:24 am

We are at (friendly) war on the playa this year with Robots Unite and Camp Herring. There is a great truce planned at Club Verboten featuring Kraftwerk music on playa Thursday. Hope to meet you.
Sounds great! I have quite a few Kraftwerk vinyls at home, so it sounds like I should come by and dance.

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:52 am

regynalonglank wrote:wow, and i remember when OregonRed was the newb :) ah burningman...it's good to be us, huh?
Jammin' new hair, lanky...

And Jelly... I loved the Apokiliptika radio broadcasts last year...

Mitternacht!!!

turaz

Post by turaz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:47 pm

hi all,
I am turaz from Italy, i've never been at the Burning Man before and this year will be my first time. Last september a friend of mine told me about it and we decided to come together.

I've been dreaming about the Burning Man for one year and now i can't believe that in less than one month i will be there...

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:09 pm

Welcome Home, turaz...

It only gets more exciting from here. See you in the dust!!!

motskyroonmatick
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair

Post by motskyroonmatick » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:38 pm

Hi everyone!!! this will be my third burn and I have recently become aware of and joined the eplaya. What a great resource and positive place to interact... just like BRC.
My first year I came and camped solo and did fine. My second year I brought a friend and this year the camp has expanded again. Each year I bring my welder and generator to fix things for people. Last year I repaired a steering component on a ship like mutant vehicle and it was the highlight of my burn. Helping them and then roaming the playa with them was completely outstanding.
This year I am bringing my welder, generator, tools and mechanical inclination again to fix whatever is within my means. I will be registering at playa info under the name playa welding and repair. I will be Stick and T.I.G. arc capable and prefer repairs and small modification to limit the MOOP factor. Feel free to bring me broken things so I can help you get going again.

Can't wait to see you on the playa!!

David
Black Rock City Welding & Repair. The Night Time Warming Station. iGNiTE! Bar.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:55 pm

Nice!!!

From one metal worker to another, "Welcome to the eplaya".

I'll have to cruise by and check out your setup. Just a matter of days, now...

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:16 pm

Welcome, Turaz. You found it or it found you. Stop by Kamp Apokiliptika for some cold war nastalgia and perhaps a nod or fashion inspired Joe S.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

yojessimac
Burning Since: 2014

Newbie News

Post by yojessimac » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:19 am

Hi all,
I am going to be a burn virgin this year, so I wanted to introduce myself. I live in carson City, and though I am without reason as to why I haven't become a burner yet (especially considering my upbringing) I am so excited about going! I have been making my outfits and having a blast decorating my bike! Watch out for the parrot when your out on the playa!

I will be volunteering in the cafe ( I know, the whole commerce thing is controversial, but whatever, I wanted to help out somehow and being in an ice truck sounded appealing) so come by and say hi!

Well hope to meet all you neatos, and have a great afternoon!
Jessica

tmspmike

Howdy

Post by tmspmike » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:19 pm

Hi! I'm Michael, and I'm headed for my 3rd burn along with wife Susan, aka Sadira. My question for you is this: I've heard for years that it was only right and proper to be "welcomed" to BRC with a sound spanking by the Welcome staff. Or at least ring a bell somewhere. We've not done that! What's up with that???? Is it by request only???? Please. Someone tell me what the secret code is.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”