Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:50 pm

That's the virgin burner welcome.
I didn't actually get it either, I was carsick when we finally got there and my husband (to be) got me in without hte ceremony.
When you're greeted by the greeters, just tell them you're virgins and they'll ring the bell. I think the spanking may have been discontinued.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

stew

Post by stew » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:01 am

What? Oh damn, the prospect of receiving a good virgin spanking was the only reason I bought my ticket to begin with. :cry:

Guess I'll have to bring a big paddle and turn into a spankin' virgin then :twisted:

Wish

aloha!

Post by Wish » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:11 pm

hey all. My name's Wish and I'm a noob this year as well. My moms been going to Burning Man for about 4 years now and is actually a Ranger, so I've been around bm people for a while. I spin poi and was at FlipSide this year and had a blast. Looking forward to my first time on the playa like crazy, even missing a week of school for it.

Boatguy

lechat

Post by Boatguy » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:59 pm

[quote="LeChatNoir"]Welcome new faces!!!
Boatguy... there's a handful of burners that hang around the Louisville area. Loosely knit and subject to the flow of things, but have been known to coalesce from time to time. Hang around here and check it all out.
Welcome to eplaya... and Welcome Home.[/quote]

I can't wait to see everyone out on the playa. we'll have a red jeep tent and a blue canopy with an orange flag of an oak tree. stop by and hang out. also, I'll be gifting guitar strings and restrings, so if you've got a rats nests there on your headstock, or if you just need some new strings, stop by and I'll set you up.
Cheers
Never get out of the boat.
Absolutely goddamn right.
Unless you were goin' all the way.
Kurtz got off the boat. He split from the whole fuckin' program.

Barbie

Post by Barbie » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:00 pm

Hey Stew No worries we can hook you up with that Virgin spanking at Blakies house of Pain 9:00 and Hope We also have lots and lots of Liquor See ya There Barbie[color=indigo][/color]

Barbie

Post by Barbie » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:06 pm

javascript:emoticon(':twisted:')I'm sooooo exiteeeddddd I can't hardly stand it Yea This is my 4 burn Huggs and kisses to everyone

takewithfood

Post by takewithfood » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:00 am

Hi All!

I’m a social butterfly, a loyal friend, a tireless helper, a survivor, a lover and a loner. I have a whacky sense of humor, a mischievous sprit and a generous heart that are all wrapped up inside a 'not too bad' package. (or so I’ve been told, lol!)...

- I've had my eye on BM since the mid 90's (no lie)
- I am on the verge of dropping everything to come this year.

So I pose the 'stupid question' (have looked EVERYWHERE)....

If I am showing up alone (and prepared), not hooking up with a group or other camp, do I just plunk myself down anywhere? (other than pre assigned areas for others)

Cheers!!
sorry I missed church, I was too busy practicing witchcraft and becoming a lesbian.

CLARKcon
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Post by CLARKcon » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:08 am

Hello takewithfood!!! Indeed. Pretty much wherever you stop (bike/car) you can set up, unless like you said, it's reserved for a themecamp or misc. reason. I'm sure you'll have a blast. Welcome to the desert!
☕ COFFEE CAMP :
"The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"

.: 🔥)'(🔥 2020 // ...???... :.

takewithfood

Post by takewithfood » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:43 am

Thanks for the welcome and info! :)

My goggles (http://smarteyes2.stores.yahoo.net/sporglasgog.html) are on the way as of a few daze ago. All I have to do is figure out some lighting/power issues, get my car tuned up, get loaded up and then I'm thinking I'm good to go. Oh ya, and my stove top Italian espresso maker, beans, a grinder and some cans of condensed milk...of course. :)

All I need to find now are my 'balls' to actually/finally go through with it. lol!!!

Wish me luck!

takewithfood (Aka: Wrenn)
sorry I missed church, I was too busy practicing witchcraft and becoming a lesbian.

sean808080

bm virgin

Post by sean808080 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:47 pm

[quote="stew"]What? Oh damn, the prospect of receiving a good virgin spanking was the only reason I bought my ticket to begin with. :cry:

Guess I'll have to bring a big paddle and turn into a spankin' virgin then :twisted:[/quote]

spanking?? did someone say spanking?

i'm celebrating my 40th with a small crew and we're doing the RV thing from LV to SFO...stops along the way are still up in the air.

lots to think about....i sure can't wait to see it. i've been reading about BM for what seems like 10 years or so......it's kind of a dream of mine.

CANT WAIT!!

brucem

just another flamer here...

Post by brucem » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:01 pm

'04 was my first burn, pulled the trip from New England together in less than a week while also negotiating the settlement for final divorce hearing (three days before departure). The playa was a fantastic contrast, celebration and catharsis, powerful magick, a great experience!

missed '05. all set for '06, leave for the playa in just a couple of weeks so I'm checking in here to meet old friends and new. See you at the burn!

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:52 pm

Welcome, Sean. Don't be dissapointed if they just hand you a coupon for a spanking somewhere else at the burn. Some lawsuit shit I guess. I suggest you emblazen your kilt with the big "40" in back and somebody will get the hint and give you the whallop you crave.

Welcome home.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

vangran

nother newbie

Post by vangran » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:54 pm

hi everyone,
my name is Van and this will be my first BM. I have been working furiously on my two story shade structure, hoop dancing and costumes, costumes, costumes. I am lousy at mixing and meeting new friends but i hope i can come out of my shell. Y'all sound like such fun people. Can't wait to meet ya. :D

joelio

virgin burner

Post by joelio » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:06 am

hullo, my first burn and, gee whiz, am i 'cited. i'm part of the > http://www.fauxforet.com < camp.
^.~

space_cake

Post by space_cake » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:14 am

:shock: damn this thread is big!

My name is Tobias, I am 25 and this will be my first BM. I just made up my mind that I'm going to try and go. Will hook up with some american (I am swedish) friends when I get there but until then I am pretty much clueless and disorientated. Im trying to read as much as i can about BM on the webpage. And yeah, I feel a bit lost. I havent even camped in the woods for the last ten years or so! :lol:

Anyway, trying to figure out how to get from LA to Blackrock city but not much luck so far. I am currently in Vegas but sick and tired of this place and going to LA or SF next.
Maybe someone could hook me up with a ride from LA? I would, of course, pay a healthy amount for gas, car rental and so on.

Or if someone is willing to point me in the right direction regarding hitching a ride that would also be greatly appreciated. :)
Best regards
T

orangepeelmoses

icebreaker

Post by orangepeelmoses » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:01 pm

yello people,
opm here,
break out your feathers
&
shake your rear...

opm
http://www.facebook.com/Orangepeelmoses

Samthen Nyingma

Post by Samthen Nyingma » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:53 am

Hey all! My name is Samthen Nyingma, or as my co-workers know me, David. The non-English monker is one I acquired during a refuge ceremony at a Tibetan monastery I was staying at in New Delhi.
This will be my first journey to the Burning Man, although I have followed it for years in print and on the internet. I am going with a few friends, many of whom have been before, so I will lose my BM virginity gently, I hope.
I look forward to meeting at least some of you good people soon.
Namaste,
David

hd-dvd-uk

My first this year.

Post by hd-dvd-uk » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:51 am

Hi All

My name is Roger. Loved the Burningman and will definately return.

R
Great minds think different!!
-----------------------------------------

skelz

greetings fellow earthlings ;)

Post by skelz » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:22 pm

code_a

Code - A

Post by code_a » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:16 pm

Hey all you burney dudes,

My name is Co/(DJ) Code - A/(Orrator) Oral - X and Im a virgin burner. I've been in the rave scene since 2000 and have just recently entered the new paradigm of Rainbow Gatheringy and Dreamtime (A local Colorado event/community.) -ishness type stuff. Im a DJ / Fire-dancer / / Artist / Writer / Costume kid / Tribal cat / Snowboarder / Medic / College Student / Soul searcher / etc?

Im just all about being in-touch with devinity and humanity, the universes energy macro and micro, the sacred geometrical patterns of life and mathmatics and the pursuit of destiny and enlightenment, through pain or pleasure.

I will have a "Burning Man Promo," of a recent compilation/Vinyl mix I have put together called Dreaming of Phoenix, with a hip hop track I have written and produced at the end. I can't wait to meet those of you whose paths are destined to cross mine. I love you all, even if I hate the fuck out of you! See you on the playa!

what is the point of these endy things?,
Co

P.S. Im hunting for a ride from Denver to Black Rock to meet up with my friends car-o-van, Sunday appx. noonish. See Preps board. Muah!
Contemplate yourself as being surrounded by the conditions you wish to produce.

Davoid

Post by Davoid » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:28 am

Welcome, all you crazy fuckers. Prepare to have your minds blown. And maybe blow some of your own.

But, uh, please keep your expectations low, an' shit.

jamiman

seeking bicycle

Post by jamiman » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:05 am

greetings burners
i'm flying in from NY last minute, very tight turnaround.
healing a broken heart at the burn. yum yum.

desparately seeking a BICYCLE for the burn.
i heard someone collects last years & rents them out.
any left ? anybody know who & how ?

many thanks, looking forward.

Marscrumbs

Post by Marscrumbs » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:07 pm

:roll:
I'm Mister Wu. I'm an acupuncturist in the eastern sierras. My BM alias is Marscrumbs. I've a long history with burningman though I gone infrequently, I'm much like Halley's comet. So I've witness the evolution over the years. Three years ago I accepted a last minute invitation to the Burn in celebration to the closest Mars opposition in 60,000 years. Figured I'd rather celebrate it in high fashion so I gathered some of my martian crumbs and rare elements and made the pilgramage to the burn and made my micro theme camp. Two years ago made camp between Mars and Jupiter in what I called the astroid belt. Mini-theme camp Phobos. I did an infortainment event on Noble Gases on one of the ministages of the Man. Last year my co-burners from WOW took the year off so I gifted my ticket to a friend who flew in and instead went off to Monterey for a counter event. A break will do one good. This year in the spirit of Hope, I plan another infotainment theme on "Helium Three Economy" (The ultimate fuel of the future." See you there!

jenn_nc

whats in a name

Post by jenn_nc » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:20 pm

Hi there citizens of BRC. My name is Jenn. I used to be male and now I am somewhere in between. This will be my fifth year at Burning Man. I'm so looking forward to it again. Come meet me at the huge spoke party Thursday night at 4:30.
Being a transexual isn't confusing, it's fun

Lorgasm

Post by Lorgasm » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:50 pm

Sound great Jenn.
I'll try to stop by. So much stuff going on. Either way, can't wait to meet ya.

Peace and Sweet Playa Dreams,
Lorgasm
BOOBIES!!!

jenn_nc

Spoke party

Post by jenn_nc » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:37 pm

Lorgasm wrote:Sound great Jenn.
I'll try to stop by. So much stuff going on. Either way, can't wait to meet ya.

Peace and Sweet Playa Dreams,
Lorgasm
If ya can't make the huge spoke party at 4:30 on Thursday night, look me up in Fairlyland at 4:30 and Destiny in the Avalon Village.

Ciao,
Jenn
http://www.jennjacobsen.com
Being a transexual isn't confusing, it's fun

Raving Hippie

Post by Raving Hippie » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:55 pm

Hi, my name is K8....aka 4nak8 aka Raving Hippie.

This is my third year at Burning Man (first in 89 then 05 and now 06). I live in Vancity with my amazing partner BT. We can easily be spotted from far away - he's 6'9 and I am 5'3.

I am a fire performer, fabric artist, healer, hooper...lots of fun stuff.

We Kamp with Kamp Go Fuck Yourself on 4:30 and Fate. Come visit us!

The Phat Conductor

here 2 wobble ya trousaz!

Post by The Phat Conductor » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:16 am

what's up burners?

this is dylan, aka the phat conductor from toronto.

i am popping my burning man cherry this year as well as bringing full on BREAKZ to the root society dome 12-1 friday evening. if you want a lil taste you can check out some of my original tunes and dj sets at http://www.thephatconductor.com i also do art and design, and am generally a silly fellow!

i hope very much to meet you all, and wobble your trousers. i am very very excited to come and participate, and intend to go as deep as possible.

much love indeed.

<3

d

ozzy

Hello folks

Post by ozzy » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:54 am

Afternoon all, just thought i'd say "hi" to you guys, my names ozzy.

I'm a virgin burner (this will be my first time) but i'm definately feeling the burning man vibe.

I help organise europes largest volunteer powered sponsorship free not for profit community arts & music festival Strawberry Fair www.strawberry-fair.org.uk and i'm looking forward to getting loads of ideas to take back to cambridge for strawberry fair 2007

See you on the playa

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:01 am

Welcome, Phat Conductor. I'm liking the tunes on your website. I may miss your show due to a prior commitment, but hope to meet you sometime.

I'm with Kamp Apokiliptika at 3:00 and Anxious and will only be on the playa on Thursday and Friday.

Cheers to you and your phat tunes.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

Return to “The Greeter's Station”