Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
jaclyn

Hello there.

Post by jaclyn » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:29 am

Hi there,

28, female, corporate, strange.

2006 was my first experience, 2007 will be the next.

:wink:

Buh-ill

Post by Buh-ill » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:23 am

Hey Everyone!

Bill here from Largo Florida. I'm a reborn virgin after a 3 year hiatus ;-) The 2006 Burn was nice and mellow for an old fart like me, but I did have a few memorable experiences namely the "Men in Kilts on Ladders" structure somewhere near 4:30 and Destiny.

I'm a retired USAF Electronic Technician. While I enjoyed my time in the service, some of our views did not exactly agree mostly the ability for independent expression (tattoos, body piercings, etc...) so I retired when my 20 years came up. I don't know whether it's by design or happenstance, but I was a bit insulated while in the military. The internet opened my eyes to the multitudes of diversity and I believe Burningman really changed the way I think about people and the world in general.

So that's me in a nutshell. Glad to be aboard!
"Don't tell your mother..."

Abductor

Post by Abductor » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:43 am

Thanks for the warm welcome, Rabbi. I have enjoyed my time on the forums, getting to interact with the veteran burners. I hope to get to know some of you someday.

Little Rabbit

i'm Rabbit!

Post by Little Rabbit » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:03 pm

heyas,
it's the Rabbit who camped with Camp Apokiliptika.

i'm home now, and have made it safely to eplaya.

spectabillis
Burning Since: 2020

Post by spectabillis » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:25 pm

yo girl! w'sup?

think i sent both you and the m man emails.

Briden

Post by Briden » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:51 pm

hi!

Hello, my name is brian, and i will be coming to burning man this year! firedancer, dj, artist, and all around great guy, hope to see you there.

err, where and when and how do i get tickets?

motskyroonmatick
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair

Post by motskyroonmatick » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:49 pm

Brian,
welcome aboard! tickets area available through the main web site january or februaryish. start planning now and become very familiar with the survival guide. being well prepared is absolutely essential!
see you on the playa

David
Black Rock City Welding & Repair. The Night Time Warming Station. iGNiTE! Bar.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-

ora

Post by ora » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:42 pm

Greetings!

My name is Ora (like Spanish hora without the 'h'), and I'll be enjoying my second Burning Man, first appearance in Black Rock City in 2007. This last one had me there in spirit and semi-spectating (gasp!) via webcast.

Never fear though! I bring a MASSIVE gift to you in 2007 in the form a large scale playa/theme sculpture! Sure I'm a virgin. Sure I only have two degrees in music and NOT sculpture or visual arts. If Burning Man teaches us anything, it's that you don't have to have a degree in something to be good at it.

Happy to bring you my energy, passion, and dedication in the year to come. Feel free to join me in my endeavor for an amazing sculpture project for BM 2007! Message me for more info or check out various BM tribes on the newly mutinized and reclaimed Tribe.net. I'll be posting more in the future here as well. Preference to Chicago peeps, but ANY help or advice is appreciated to help me with this sculpture.

Oh yeah, and:

- Mayan Galactic Signature: Red Electric Dragon
- Zodiac: Aries, Taurus (ascendant), Virgo (moon), Aries (Mercury, Venus, and Mars)
- Orientation: Spiritosexual
- Favorite Color: Purple
- Favorite Post-Apocalyptic Occupation: Chief of Intelligence Operations and President of The Collegium.
- Animals of note or spiritual kindred: Polar Bears, Bears, Komodo Dragons (aka oras), Deer, and Spiders
- Don't fly to or from Chicago on June 25-26, 2007. My friend with premonitions had a nitemare.
- Music: MM Comp, BA Mus, piano (Rhapsody in Blue, Rach 2 are favs) and percussion (4 mallet vibes, marimba, djembe, bass drum, gongs, and cymbals were favs), three summers of drum corps with DBQ Colts pit '99-'01.
- Unlikely life-changing book: Condensed Chaos by Phil Hine
- Best Dragon in the World: Figment
- No really, Figment's ride at Disneyworld was my first psychedelic trip (sober at age 5).

spectabillis

Post by spectabillis » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:17 pm

briden, ora, welcome to ya both.

i guess i could do a cut and paste intro but iit takes time for the proper indoctrination into this freakshow cult.

motskyroonmatick: Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

i think i saw your worktruck going along i-80.

fromMA

Post by fromMA » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:55 pm

We may be closer to retirement than college but we will be attending in 2007 and cant wait. This has many of the concepts that we've been looking for all our life and cant find in the default world. We are eager to contribute and be part of this wonderful community.

motskyroonmatick

Post by motskyroonmatick » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:21 pm

Spectabillis,

i think i saw your worktruck going along i-80.

that was not me(I leave the Alturas/K-Falls way) but if they were covered in dust...Right On! maybe someone else is also using the BRC W+R name on playa. I drive a green ford ranger and pull an overloaded trailer that has my welder, generator and camp supplies. trailer looks really rag tag as I built it in highschool 17 years ago.
I was at 330 and guess with the yellow mailbox if you were out that way.
look me up next year if you need something welded or repaired. helping people out totally makes my day.

Motskyroonmatick

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-

spectabillis

Post by spectabillis » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:43 pm

nope, wasnt you then. this was a black and white international with dualies, and nothing but a welder/gen unit on its flatbed.

and thanks for the offer, will keep it in mind if i hear of someone else needing something big - but our camp has been lucky to have someone with a mig.

ora

Post by ora » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:32 pm

Motskyroonmatick,

I'll definitely keep you in mind. I may be bringing a large scale sculpture made from steel square tubing next year. Hopefully I won't need you, because it'd be an emergency, but just in case, I'll keep you in mind!

Thanks!
Ora

motskyroonmatick

Post by motskyroonmatick » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:06 pm

spectabillis and ora,

I'm all about emergencies and special situations. I might be more mobile this year if I can find a free ride on lawn mower and a good vertical shaft electrical motor.

Going to craigs list now.

David

Matty

Post by Matty » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:34 am

My names Matt Hawkeye, I'm 18 and 07's gonna be my first time on the playa XD. I'm a first year psychiatric nursing student, and I'm from Winnipeg (that's in canada eh! :D )

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:06 am

One of my favorite Rangers should be graduating soon from a psychiatric nursing program. He's good people...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

[nerd]

Post by [nerd] » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:31 pm

I'm [nerd], also from Winnipeg. Goin to burning man in 2k7. I've wanted to go ever since I heard of it. I'm into comps, video games and cyberpunk related stuff. That's about it really.

Rabbi Dali Rick

.........OOOOoo Pretty Colors...............................

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:47 am

Well a mighty big fucking Welcome to you all...

All you newbies don't forget to read the survial guide that can be found on the front page of the burningman.com site, so you don't get caught with your panties down. search around the forum here, and usually you can find all of your questions answered by our resident experts and idiot sevants, if not ask anyway and pay no attention to the old crusty farts who have heard the same question a thousand times, usually asked by someone who didn't bother to search ( see "Search" at the top of this page). Well anyhoo...

WELCOME HOME!

you're bestest pal,

the rebbi

fromMA

Post by fromMA » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:03 am

Ask anyway? Dont worry about the crusty old farts? Great.....What is Burning Man? How many times and where is it held? Do I have to bring any food or shelter or is it provided? and is there anything to do there, like art or dancing? Thanks Rebbi!!!:)

Chippyrat

Post by Chippyrat » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:53 pm

Hey, new to the ePlaya here. Hmmm... where was I... oh yeah, introducing myself;

I'm Jake! 2006 was my first year attending, and shall be for the rest of my life, or the life of 'the man'

I was a part of the theme camp 'Aqua Zone' this year, and umm... found Burning Man to be a very enlightening experience.

anyways... I had a pleasure introducing myself in these past few minutes, and look forward to seein some of you next year, or in this very forum! :roll:

-Jake

pennylaine

its me!

Post by pennylaine » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:23 pm

Hi! Penny laine here, writing up a storm, or attempting to. went to my first burn this summer - absolutely fabulous. So, I'm here on the ePlaya trying to get some information on academic research.

Please check out my post that will be on the what about burning man thread.

love & hugz
laine

nilda

Post by nilda » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:59 pm

[quote="fromMA"]Ask anyway? Dont worry about the crusty old farts? Great.....What is Burning Man? How many times and where is it held? Do I have to bring any food or shelter or is it provided? and is there anything to do there, like art or dancing? Thanks Rebbi!!!:)[/quote]

www.burningman.com

evad

Post by evad » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:12 pm

Hey all, my name's evad. This past year was my first burn, I'm now living in a tent in my living room, and constructing my own personal flame thrower.

Isobel

Post by Isobel » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:51 pm

hi everyone :-) 2006 was my first burn after so many years of wanting to go and letting things get in the way of making it happen. I had such an incredible, amazing time and I am so excited about next year already :-D

thehappysmith

Post by thehappysmith » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:05 pm

Greetings from Djibouti. I will be a BM virgin in 2007 (would have been this year but I was in this other desert instead). Live in Tampa Florida; presently I am owned by Uncle Sam but soon I will be free and blissfully unemployed (at least until the bliss fades) and attempting to make money by selling words.
It's been almost ten years since I first heard of BM through the Playa Chicken's website when I needed pictures of chickens for a ceramics project in college (the World Famous Chicken Teapot). God only knows why I haven't made it before now.

Kokopelli

Post by Kokopelli » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:06 pm

My name is KokoPelli.
I live and work in the bay area.
BM 2005 was my first burn and I plan to attend all of them from now on.
I loved the camps and the wild night life. But mostly talking to nice people.
Next year I plan to organize a theme camp around my name, KokoPelli.

[quote]"To climb a mountain is of no use when your spirit is down in the valley. Even wild animals know enough to live in the moment. "[/quote]

Sync

Hello

Post by Sync » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:10 pm

Hi, Sync here. Was at BM in 04 and 05, and found a resonance with the saying “welcome home”. I’m 49, no idea how that happened, have two kids, some idea how that happened, and am counting the days until 07. In 05 I camped next to some fire arts performers and got hooked on the idea of being one at the next BM. Been working on it for more than a year now, and figure I’ll have a performance piece to share by 07. My dream is to hook up with a bunch of other fire arts performers and roam around meeting people, performing for them and partying with the fire spinning folks. Also building a tiny art car project to help with my other great BM ambition, see every street on the playa. Any information on fire-minded folks would be appreciated

MattAlchemist

Post by MattAlchemist » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:12 am

Sup everyone!!! Im matt, Im here in search of cultural enlightenment. Im in the recording industry so life can get stressfull. So I once in a while I climb out of me rabbit hole and try to free my mind. I belive this is imperative to our surrvival, or we'll all end up in a loney bin. Which sometimes seems rather inviting :wink: Good to be on board here, looking forward to many great conversations with you all, and ones that are not so great so long as we connect.
mahalo
-m-
Feeling ill, not balanced, to down, to up, ahh yes the alchemy of trance is there for you, allways.

Lorgasm

Post by Lorgasm » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:34 pm

Mahalo, Namaste', and Welcome Home Matt,

Feel free to make yourself at home. You sound like a great person with lots to offer and experience. Feel free to mozy on over to the Eplaya Bar once and a while. We got scantly clad men and women eager to take of most of your needs.

Hugs to you and yours,
Lorgasm
BOOBIES!!!

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:27 am

Lor, you forgot to tell Matt, about Bar Volume#2, sorry matt for some strange reason the Bar got techincal difficulties...so we made a new volume...come sit a spell...ask for a drink someone will always be around to say "what will it be?"
Welcome HOME Matt!
Pinemom
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

Return to “The Greeter's Station”