Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Nomenature

Um.. uh: Heloo

Post by Nomenature » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:02 pm

Just showing up for the fine company...
Momma Nomen
It is only shallow people who do not judge by appearances. The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible. - Oscar Wilde

Candace Archuleta

Greetings!

Post by Candace Archuleta » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:44 pm

Hello fellow Burners!

My name is Candace, aka Cannabis. 2006 was my first burn and i plan on attending every year until my death! it was the most fabulous, welcome transformation of my life! i've never experienced such love or been surrounded by people who are so caring - so concerned about the collective group instead of the blasted individual. damn i can't wait to get back to BRC! (the transition back into reality was HARSH). I was between 9:30 and 10 PM on the esplanade (sp?), at Gravity Point and could be found wearing my hawaiian sarong, often feeding people fruit, and ALWAYS with a bottle of patron silver on hand.

Two questions for you vets out there: 3. any tips on where i can get playafied clothing for a decent price? and 7. I LOVE REGGAE. know of any rasta camps?

1 love
I want to know if you can be with joy - mine or your own - if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes - without cautioning us to be careful; be realistic; remember the limitations of being human.

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:52 am

WELCOME HOME!!!

talgirdas and Candace Archuleta !!!!!!!!!!

Yes I too was what they call a virgin 06' HA! I actually was never a virgin...in my heart and soul....Yes I finally found out what my life was all about out there! I miss it...but have turned a Old leaf into anew! I finally feel like I can be my burner self now!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:00 am

Talgirdas.
Sweet and Delicate Lithuanian flower and Pernicious trouser trout crotch cricket, You should NOT try to sell us your filthy Tramadol! I wish you were here and I could give you a BIG welcome!

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:51 am

So EDB, who ya talkin' to? There's a reason I keep asking folks not to reply to the spammers, just makes you sound crazy as hell once I delete the original post.

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:52 am

Thanks AntiM

I was crazy as hell BEFORE you deleted that crap ...

...but I appreciate the sentiment.

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:23 am

Oh crap...did I miss that...see niave me!
Loving everyone will be my eventual downfall!
oh well...Ive got a parachute!

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:11 am

Don't feel bad P-mom, I miss 'em sometimes too.

Oh EDB, we're all crazed here.

Bubbles99

Post by Bubbles99 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:30 pm

greetings, I just learned about the "happening" of the Burning Man today while at work.
:)

Bubbles99

Post by Bubbles99 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:33 pm

where do I begin this is just what my life needs right now

Barbie

Post by Barbie » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:02 pm

Aloha Candance WE are soooooo verrryyy verrrryyyy happppyyy you found us--2007 will be my 5th burn and like you I will never miss a burn ever even in my next life I'll make it to the temple burns
If I were to wish ANYTHING I'd wish I were ME!!

Candace Archuleta

Post by Candace Archuleta » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:53 pm

ahhhh the temple burn...i relive that every night in my dreams. i hear the temple was constructed differently this year than in past burns? I liked it. when the flames calmed and the embers glowed I was able to dance my way through the paths of the temple, offering myself and my troubles to the blaze - dancing with the fire. it brings me peace to close my eyes and think of that moment. what i wouldn't give to be back in that sacred place!

thank you for the warm welcome.
I want to know if you can be with joy - mine or your own - if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes - without cautioning us to be careful; be realistic; remember the limitations of being human.

Candace Archuleta

Post by Candace Archuleta » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:56 pm

and a warm welcome and BIG HUG for Bubbles. Hopefully you'll be able to come home next summer...

ISOKitten

Post by ISOKitten » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:24 am

Hey Everyone!!!
I'm Mindy, and 2007 will be my first time....on the playa that is! I'm a photography student and a personal shopping assistant by day. By night, well, we'll save that story for later!! Nice to meet everyone!!!

Lead_Into_Gold

Helllllooooo!

Post by Lead_Into_Gold » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:43 pm

Hey there

My name in Michael, from sacramento.

I like to converse with people and write. I prefer real life conversations but I am a bid odd and topics I like to discuss are not often found, I find. So here I can discuss and meet other burners and freaks and nuts and wonderful people.

PlayaBitch

Beautiful Burners

Post by PlayaBitch » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:54 am

Hello Beautiful Burners :D

My name is Regina aka PlayaBitch :twisted: Last Year 2006 was my first year attending the beautiful Black Rock Planet and I must say, I have become a permanent resident!! I will journey back home every year. My experiences and the journey I partaked in was an amazing, self discovering, and rebirth for me. I LOVE ALL WHO MADE THIS TRANSFORMATION POSSIBLE! My mind wanders daily back to the many beautiful memories I have of 2006BM. I have bosted to soo many since my return to civilization and promoted the beauty that lies in the desert to all I know. Next year~ 2007BM I am happy to be travelling with many new burners that wish to experience the planet, culture, love and beauty.
Please update me when ticket sales commence!
Love2All
Where am I going and Why am I in a Handbag??

jamisongatsby

Jamison!

Post by jamisongatsby » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:22 pm

Hi!

my name is jamison lippolis and i am a 17 year old guy just looking to get involved in this community of awesome people.

love the idea of burning-the-man, and everything all of you have done with it, cant wait to go.
- the elusive Gatsby

helladee

Post by helladee » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:07 pm

HOW THE FUCK DO i POST MY PIC ANYWAYS? IM A RETARD HE HE

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:22 am

REALLY really basic instructions and probably worth squat:

Do you mean in a post or as an avatar? You can upload your avatar pic directly in "profile" but it must be 80x80 or smaller. I edited mine in whatever my pc uses to edit photos.

In a post, you have to host the picture someplace like imageshack, copy the url, ckick "Img" paste the url then click Img again.

Chameleon20

Greetings

Post by Chameleon20 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:18 pm

I am a newbie to the whole Burning Man event. Guess I've been living a sheltered life. But since finding out about BM a few weeks ago, I am so incredibly excited and I really hope to make it to the 2007 BM.

Just wanted to say hi and I will probably visit this discussion board daily because BM sounds like an oasis in the rather desolate world I live in.

Thanks and peace!

TalkHardRandy

Post by TalkHardRandy » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:17 pm

Hi, I'm Troy McClure... you may recognize me from such events as Dark Skies and Singularity. Actually, I'm Randy (upper case). I've been lurking for about two years & have finally decided to take the plunge into the ePlaya pool. Cannonballs are okay, right?

Fex

Post by Fex » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:01 pm

HiDeeHo neighbors...

I'm Fex -- no, not as in FedEx, but in FX as special FX which I'm way into and have done for a few budgetless indie flix...hoping to build my kit up and be able to do some bigger stuff for bigger (read: PAYING) movies sometime. BurningMan sounds like a tres gruvie place to test some ideas out!

I'm a 40-y/o BurnVirgin from St Louis, hoping to make it to 07 for my first. I've known a little about BM for years but never really researched it 'til now... and kicking myself for having not gotten into it earlier. I've missed out on so much. This really sounds like the community I've wanted to be a part of for so many years. I hopeIhopeIhopeIhopeIhope I can go.
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music. - GC

Desiree123

Post by Desiree123 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:12 am

Hi my names Desiree!

This past year was my first burn, I loved it! I didn't stay the entire time for some personal reasons, but I plan to make up for it by going every year until I die! I decided to come to eplaya, because I want to know more burners and participate more in the community!
-desiree-

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:20 am

welcome home....
desiree....go to tribe net you'll find LOTS of reno local burner stuff!
we havent stopped burningman YET! we're all still playing with each other.
Big burner community here in Reno/carson area!!! BIG!!!

boogiesessions

howdy

Post by boogiesessions » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:54 pm

just wanted to intro myself & say what a cool site this is, thank you! im a veteran of art festivals ( tons of GD shows, gathering vibes - the early years, reggae on river ect..) but Im still a fresh fish with regards to BM. i know some burners outta north CA and have been wanting to go for a coupla years now, so we've decided(wife & I)2007 we're gonna go.\
here's a strange occurence:
last nite I start diving into the huge wealth of info on BM via the internet & about 3hrs latter, I get offline(dial up) & the phone rings. I answer what I thought was a prank call, no one there. then I decide to star-69, only to find that the number is outta Nevada & it cant be called back for some reason. Rt. now the wife & I are on a working-vacation in MI. so we kinda thought it mihgt be a sign to a hopefully wunderful exper. at the 07' Burn.
thanks......
KC 8)

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:32 am

Welcome boogie. See, the playadipity has already begun!

boogiesessions

Post by boogiesessions » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:51 am

Im IN...... :lol:
where might one find a thread / link on some bike designs - playa style?
Art is so wonderfully irrational, exuberantly pointless, but necessary all the same.
- Gunther Grass

AmbiguousClown

Another Virgin and Art-Biker

Post by AmbiguousClown » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:58 pm

I'm new here, too, and so excited that Burning Man finally appears to be in the cards for us next year!

boogiesessions, head on over to tribe.net and check out the Burning Bikes tribe:

http://pedalplaya.tribe.net

We just got the basis for our 6-person surrey-style art bike. You can see a "before" picture on my profile over there:

http://people.tribe.net/ambiguousclown
-- Clown

Rabbi Dali Rick

.... Raducake Ubvikenebt ,,,,,,,

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:47 pm

Or you could go to the top of this page and type bikes in the search engin here...

the rebbi

boogiesessions

Post by boogiesessions » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:18 am

ambigious, thanxz I'll head over to the tribes dot net after I type in 'bikes' in the search engine. yeah, im kinda lookin' fer schematics & the like, er close up pics - to which there are thousands on the net. thanks again
happy, wagging my tail
Art is so wonderfully irrational, exuberantly pointless, but necessary all the same.
- Gunther Grass

Return to “The Greeter's Station”