Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
anadancing

Feel the burn!

Post by anadancing » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:12 am

Hello everyone! This 2007 burn will be my first ever! I've been waiting for years to be old enough to go on my own, and then to raise funding. I have a feeling this will be a seriously intense coming of age event. Being from the East Coast and no ride from the Reno Airport, does anyone have space for a drama-free fully contributing chick? I don't have a drivers licence, :( I know its early to post this kind if thing, but better than last minute! Peace and hearty blessings to you all!
~Ana

peep

Post by peep » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:41 pm

AHHH! AHHHHHHHH!

I never thought I would be posting here again... But I had an epiphany of delicious sorts and decided this year I would return to the playa, even if I had to drive out there! Which I am! From Baltimore, MD!

I'm so freakin' excited.

MikeVDS
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Post by MikeVDS » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:45 pm

Welcome, both of you.

SED

Post by SED » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:50 pm

peep wrote:AHHH! AHHHHHHHH!

I never thought I would be posting here again... But I had an epiphany of delicious sorts and decided this year I would return to the playa, even if I had to drive out there! Which I am! From Baltimore, MD!

I'm so freakin' excited.
Welcome, peep. And by the way, nice tits!
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.

SED

Re: Feel the burn!

Post by SED » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:53 pm

anadancing wrote:Hello everyone! This 2007 burn will be my first ever! I've been waiting for years to be old enough to go on my own, and then to raise funding. I have a feeling this will be a seriously intense coming of age event. Being from the East Coast and no ride from the Reno Airport, does anyone have space for a drama-free fully contributing chick? I don't have a drivers licence, :( I know its early to post this kind if thing, but better than last minute! Peace and hearty blessings to you all!
~Ana

Welcome home, anadancing! I think if you surf the camp sites, you'll probably find something you like. I can personally suggest Apokoliptika, which will be the hub of a village this year. PM Kernul Killbuck for details.
It ain't the hanging, it's the drop.

shadowkittymonster
Burning Since: 2008

Post by shadowkittymonster » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:16 pm

i did't see any pictures Mike, but for sure if i go the tarp way-- im bringing extra ground support spikes:)

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Post by ibdave » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:40 pm

shadowkittymonster wrote:i did't see any pictures Mike, but for sure if i go the tarp way-- im bringing extra ground support spikes:)

Don't use the cheap blue or grey tarps that you see at home depot walmart ect ect.... They just flap in the wind and then tear..
see this site for great info.. http://www.geocities.com/potatotrap/
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

shadowkittymonster

Post by shadowkittymonster » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:10 pm

thanks for the link:)) ill keep my eye out for better tarps-- we have an outsideworld in town... they might have something there that would do great :)

timesofgrace

hi all ..

Post by timesofgrace » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:44 pm

hey, im marissa; 24, from boston, MA .. this year is going to be my first burning man experience and i am beyond excited and slightly overwhelmed.. i would love to find some local veterans (or other first-timers) to maybe try to organize some sort of .. well, anything, really ... i suppose everyone's technically 'local' when we're all on the same internet, but it would be nice to feel as though i'm not going into this completely on my own ... anyhow, i'm interested in meeting all of you and i thank you in advance for (hopefully) welcoming me to the forum :)

Zulegoona

Post by Zulegoona » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:32 pm

Hello Marissa ( Timesofgrace ) welcome to this part of the on-line community, to find others in your area there are a number of resources you can use.

there is the regional net work
http://regionals.burningman.com/us_ma_bos.html
is the link to the Boston contact, but there are also probably groups on yahoo and tribe or elsewhere too. But hey we are happy to have you around here too......

timesofgrace

Post by timesofgrace » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:28 pm

[quote="Zulegoona"]Hello Marissa ( Timesofgrace ) welcome to this part of the on-line community, to find others in your area there are a number of resources you can use.

there is the regional net work
[url]http://regionals.burningman.com/us_ma_bos.html[/url]
is the link to the Boston contact, but there are also probably groups on yahoo and tribe or elsewhere too. But hey we are happy to have you around here too......[/quote]

thank you so much .. i went to the boston page and subscribed to their mailing list, and i've just been poking around the forums ... so much to see; so much to learn ... !! i can't wait!

shadowkittymonster

Post by shadowkittymonster » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:46 pm

welcome marissa:)

timesofgrace

Post by timesofgrace » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:52 pm

shadowkittymonster wrote:welcome marissa:)

Stellarae

HELLO!

Post by Stellarae » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:30 pm

[b]I'm Shawn, from LA. I live w/ a little grey cat who goes by the name ZiggyStardust. This will be my 1st Burn. Just bought a ticket. I figure I will learn as I go.[/b]

divenakedd

1st timer

Post by divenakedd » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:24 pm

Hey Group! 1st timer, just got my tickets! I know it's early, but looking forward to learning all I can from this site.

Heading to BM from New Orleans, anyone else heading up from this area?

Chad

guesswhatkarma

hellllooooooo in here!

Post by guesswhatkarma » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:46 pm

first-time burner... i was so excited to get my paws on a ticket that i was one of the first 1,000. i'm looking forward to a fully exciting, thoroughly enriching, and fantastically amazing experience. i'm coming from DC, so if anyone in my area wants to get together beforehand, drop me a line! guesswhat.karma@gmail.com.

i'm practicing my fire poi, breaking out the leather chaps, and loading up on sunscreen for my pathetically pale womanly body. does anyone know if suspension groups perform at BM?

holla back!

allthatburns06

Post by allthatburns06 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:05 pm

Hello there...They call me Stowaway, but not because I snuck in. Long story. Anyway, this year will be my second burn and I'm greatly looking forward to it. I camped with Tittyman this last year and MAN we had a great time! His wedding was beautiful and the champagne and fish tacos afterward were amazing....after my first year I don't know how I could have missed it before! I had no idea what to expect and this year I'll be better prepared...

See you on the playa!!

timesofgrace

hi to all

Post by timesofgrace » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:16 pm

hi to all the new new people (and everyone else, too) ..... see you out there :)

mozez

Post by mozez » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:10 am

hi i,m mozez ...i was at burning man two years ago and it was the best week of my life. last year i saved up enough money to go but at the last minute i decided to buy a piano instead....a wise decision for my life but there is no way i could go another year without burning man.

in 2005 i went with a small group of irish lads but this time i would really like to get more involved.

sr.steveo

Steve from Buena Park Orange County

Post by sr.steveo » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:23 am

Hi. 2 years ago a woman came into a shop I worked in at Disneyland. She was looking for a crazy hat to wear. After talking to her for a little bit, she had mentioned The Burning Man Festival.

Now, 2 years later, I was on a dj's page, NOVATRON, who went last year.

And now here I am..

I plan on going to Burning Man this year and am so excited about it. I have lots of preparation to do, and lots of reading in this forum.

Well, HI TO YOU ALL. and SEE YOU AT BM07!! :D

*EDIT* Meant to post in this in the "welcome/introduce yourself" section. My apologies.
-CHEERS!

Jamm'in

Post by Jamm'in » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:12 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Will......Im yet to find a nickname, so Im on the look. This will be my first year attending. I first heard about it, at a garage sale; a women, friendly, kind hearted, had mentioned this gathering in the hot deserts of Nevada. I eventually ended up into deep conversation, all about the BM Festival. Ever since that day I have made it a set plan.....Attend Burning Man 07',

Now with my ticket in hand, and the planning underway I will be leaving Seattle, Wa. In high hopes to make it safely, experience this amazing event, and hopefully meet some wonderful people. Tell then Ill be on this site, talking with future friends...

Feel free to talk, Id love to meet some people before I make this trip alone.

shadowkittymonster

Post by shadowkittymonster » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:16 pm

welcome all-- its nice to know there are other BM virgins like myself:) today i "tried" to checkout one of the thrift stores near my home and, nothing-- nada. i figure ill just wait till bikinis start to go on shelves and buy a surplus of them:P hmmmm, or i could always buy material and make my own stuff--- sigh-- well i DO still have a few months ahead of me:)

articnorth

Post by articnorth » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:36 pm

good day.

jon from Melbourne, Australia. i was lurking for a while cos i am not sure if i may fit in cos i am aussie.

anyway, nice to meet you all.

Bin Noddin

Post by Bin Noddin » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:47 pm

Your Ozziness will just make you more interesting company - welcome, articnorth. There are other Strines about - Wildilocks for one - who participated last year.
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen

Hootdaddy

Newbie Newberson checking in

Post by Hootdaddy » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:56 pm

'lo all you fleaky deaky folks...

I'm Hootdaddy; I hail from Columbia, SC. This will be my first trip to BRC, though I have been active with the NC and SC regionals since Transformus 2005.

Much to learn about life on the playa but I look forward to seeing one or more of you there F2F. I'll be camping with the Big Puffy Yellow/Dirty Southern Burner crew and doing some LNT volunteerning plus spend some time with my buddy Tom from Chicago, who is very active in the BMIR effort.
A proud member of the *DIRTY* ** SOUTHERN** ***BURNERS***!

MikeVDS
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Post by MikeVDS » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:44 am

jon from Melbourne, Australia. i was lurking for a while cos i am not sure if i may fit in cos i am aussie.
There are people from all around the world at Burningman, and many of the return visitors will not seem to be American or whatever culture they originally come from. Burningman has a culture of its' own. If you want to fit in, Burningman may not be right for you anyway. A big part of Burningman culture is about sticking out. So if you fit in, then you'll stand out and everyone will know it, but then since you stand out, you're very much Burningman and will fit in. Got it?

And welcome all ya newbie, tasty bundles of fresh meat.

DJ Dominus

Post by DJ Dominus » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:30 pm

What up? I'm Jason Dominus from the Madtown of WI. I was at the BM Decompression party in Chicago with my partners in distributed aural satisfaction. We got a taste and it's on in 2k7. This will be our first BM. We will be at the Cactus Jam tent. I am psyched and I hope to meet a lot more cool cats like I did at the decomp.

Dom

naturelover66

Virgin Burner - burning virgin?

Post by naturelover66 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:10 pm

Hi All,

I just bought my ticket for the 2007 burning man event :D . I am soooo exicited!! i have downloaded the survival guide, i have some friends who are burners, so i have gotten some information from them as well. I am currently planning to come alone, but will try to find some fellow burners in my area as well. I am in sacramento area (northern CA) for those who dont know where folsom is. I welcome any additional advice, or if there are nor cal burners out there.. give me a shout out!

very much looking forward to my first burning experience!

misfit
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: wish you were here

Post by misfit » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:32 pm

playa medic since 2001, first burn 96', owners of the now defunct, pink pig camp. naturelover 66, we're just down the road from you in richmond and your more than welcome to hang out. we've already started our build on a new project for 07' and we have plenty of practice poi for spinning fire,,, (neighbors love us).....

BAS

Post by BAS » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:32 pm

DJ Dominus wrote:What up? I'm Jason Dominus from the Madtown of WI. I was at the BM Decompression party in Chicago with my partners in distributed aural satisfaction. We got a taste and it's on in 2k7. This will be our first BM. We will be at the Cactus Jam tent. I am psyched and I hope to meet a lot more cool cats like I did at the decomp.

Dom

Hey, I'm trying to move back to the Madtown area, since I lost my job down here in Racine. (Damn it! I really liked the job, too-- hence I have been really depressed lately.)

I went for the first time in 2006, and managed to be sick the whole time. (Sinus infections and playa dust don't mix well, apparently.) Still, I mostly enjoyed BM. Would like to go again, but, now that I am unemployed, don't know if I can in 2007. (I'd like to get a bus for next time, but that plan is even more on hold due to the lack of income!)

Have a good time there, okay?!

B.
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch

Return to “The Greeter's Station”