Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:44 am

Trix wrote:I've been burning a few years and came on here to shout. I'm too fucking excited this year!!!!!! Hi everyone! I'll see you soon!!!
I'm stoked too, Trix. Gonna be a good year.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

LeChatNoir

Re: Hello this is the Purple Cricket!

Post by LeChatNoir » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:45 am

PurpleCricket wrote:Hi, I'm a virgin Burner. I'm going to be at Camp Apokiliptika hanging with Kernul Killbuck and his minion JellyFish.

Hope to see you all out there!

~ Purple Cricket
Well... at least we got the chance to briefly get to know you here before you met your DOOM.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

Daveinblythe

HELLO TO ALL FROM BLYTHE CALIFONIA

Post by Daveinblythe » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:04 pm

my name is Dave ,I,m married to the love of my life Wendy we have 4 kids 17,10 5 and 3 weeks we've never been to the burnning man but we live in the Desert year round if anybody is going to tbm and going thought Blythe I'll share the driving and i just need room for my bike and gear the wife said i can go and I feel up to it this year so i hope to see ya there ....if i dont get a ride I'm going to ride my bike there :wink:

orcslayer

Post by orcslayer » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:27 pm

Hi I am Nathan. I play in a metal band.

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Post by ibdave » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:28 pm

orcslayer wrote:Hi I am Nathan. I play in a metal band.

Man of many words... 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

JediDale
Burning Since: 2000

Greetings And Salutations All!!

Post by JediDale » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:46 pm

I am very happy to announce that I will be able to make it to this very special burn! the last 365 presented strong obstacles to overcome, and I had to use all my resources and abilities in The Force to overcome them. This has been a painful and daunting task. My reward has been my companion and Padiwan, Purple Cricket, for whom it has been a greatly enjoyable adventure !!
Thank You Most Graciously those of you who assisted me in my first Burn in 05!! To those of you reading this who are virgin burners, I strongly suggest that you follow the advice of those who came before, and ask long time veteran Burners for information and assistance. Now, let me say that as long as you are not going to BM with the "Whats in it for me attitude" you will naturally attract those who will assist you. Like begets like.

Genuinely,

Jedi Dale Of Reno
You don't have to..Believe Everything I Say...because your unconscious will hear this.
Your unconscious can Do anything It wishes..
But your conscious mind isn't going to do
anything of Importance for Now. And...My Voice Will Go With You...

longobord

Post by longobord » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:55 pm

Hi Master Jedi Dale! You wouldn't happen to have any of that Force left over for a novice enthusiast who appears to have unusual and interesting obstacles placed before her, would you?

orangepeelmoses

orangepeel icebreaker

Post by orangepeelmoses » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:25 pm

I was born on april 20th in a san fran military hospital. the son of an army paratrooper whose primary responsibility was to defoliate the roadsides with agent orange, I was soon transplanted to a small town in southeast colorado called Boredway. twelve miles from the self-proclaimed cantaloupe capitol of the world, I began ripening...
http://www.facebook.com/Orangepeelmoses

JediDale

It all depends on...

Post by JediDale » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:58 pm

longobord wrote:Hi Master Jedi Dale! You wouldn't happen to have any of that Force left over for a novice enthusiast who appears to have unusual and interesting obstacles placed before her, would you?
The Force is not a cookie. Perhaps you are confused my dear! The things and people I focus The Force on depend on the circumstance and the individual and what The Force tells me of its will through intuition. PM me and I will examine your situation carefully!

Genuinely,

Jedi Dale Of Reno
You don't have to..Believe Everything I Say...because your unconscious will hear this.

longobord

Post by longobord » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:24 pm

Heh. Walking is nice. Medicine does not work fast enough. I want one of those star trek thingys where they just run the sensor over your body and it mends everything.

PurpleCricket

Re: Hello this is the Purple Cricket!

Post by PurpleCricket » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:32 am

[quote]Well... at least we got the chance to briefly get to know you here before you met your DOOM[/quote]

Ah, the thought that the first Burning Man may be the last is not as harsh a thought as one might conceive. Actually, I hear the end of the world may have a lot to do with Vodka and fire. Avast!

[quote]Sounds like your in good hands (or very atomic one's for that matter Smile Hope to see ya out this year. I'm the Head Chef of COFFEE CAMP, swing by for some joe. Should be camping about 8:15 and Coral Reef. BURN IT ALL! ---Cc[/quote]

Caffeine king! I love you! I will most definitly hop down for a cup to clean off some of that radiation in my throat. Thanks!

JediDale, you're giving private sessions... now? Are you? I will most certainly need your... consultation... he he.
"Arrgh! A True Pirate Mistress sails the High Seas with but a sextant to keep her on course and a cat of nine to keep the crew in line!"

longobord

Post by longobord » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:43 pm

longobord wrote:Heh. Walking is nice. Medicine does not work fast enough. I want one of those star trek thingys where they just run the sensor over your body and it mends everything.
Well, I just thought I'd mention... they haven't perfected that sensor thing yet, but my doctor gave me the OK to go! I'ma comin!

dances

looks a bit nervous and sits down
waves her arms around wildly

Confucius

Ride Share

Post by Confucius » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:22 pm

Well, my ride flaked out on me :( ...I live in the Auburn area and if anyone is interested in making a new friend and extending a ride share on your way to the playa. I will gladly bring gas $, musical instruments, and drinks :wink: . please contact me [email protected]
Don't take life to seriusly or you'll never make it out alive!

mojo

Post by mojo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:46 pm

Confucius - zip on over to the rideshare thread grasshopper, I'm sure you will meet with success.

Confucius

ride share

Post by Confucius » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:26 pm

I have responded to the few ride share listings posted, and posted a comment on tribe, and myspace...nothing yet, but I am sure somthing will happen. Good things happen to good people :wink:
Don't take life to seriusly or you'll never make it out alive!

Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:17 pm

My luck runs deep around here, it seems. What a refreshing relief. Even my chosen name is free. I didn't even think to check it before I signed up with the other name longobord (which is related, but not what people call me).

Hopefully recovery will be forthwith so I can actually get out and talk nuts and bolts with other burners in the bay area. It's tough knowing there's so much going on around me but I can't participate due to mobility issues. But I'm getting better!

WebUrbanist

Too Bad I Can't Make the REAL Playa This Year :)

Post by WebUrbanist » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:52 pm

Well, since I can't make it to this year's Burn I thought I'd start working my way through the forums :) I've been Burning since 2002, mostly with Bluehouse and Shady (out of Seattle). I'm just now graduating with a Master's of Architecture degree and am working with a group of people on a website collecting amazing street art from around the world!
http://weburbanist.com

WebUrbanist

Howdy folks :)

Post by WebUrbanist » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:03 pm

The name's Craig and I've been Burning for a few years now ... and am active in the Seattle Burning Man community. If you're in the area gimme a shout! Thinking of heading to Burner Central (San Fran) soon so lemme know if there are any can't-miss events and such ;)
http://weburbanist.com

gyre

Post by gyre » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:11 pm

You must be the guy with that list I keep hearing about.
What's up with that anyway?
"Everything is more wonderful when you do it with a car, don't you think?"
-girl by the fire, watching a tree moved by car bumper in the bonfire

It would be a shame if I had to resort to self-deception to preserve my faith in objective reality.

hellojoesmith

first timer

Post by hellojoesmith » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:06 pm

Hey. Joe here. Never been to Burning Man. Will be going this year on my own. Just started to process of figuring out everything I need to do. I've gotten as far as Leave No Trace and cover your tent stakes so no one breaks a toe. The rest I look forward to picking up. This emoticon is exactly what I look like. :shock:

PsychedelicRose

peace

Post by PsychedelicRose » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:58 pm

Hello everyone : )

My name is Claire. Never been to Burning Man. I can't go this year :( but I'm getting ahead for next year, because I've been meaning to go for too long. Too much talk and no action. Maybe that's silly, but hey, why the hell not?

Who am I? Good question. A college student in Los Angeles, English major, aspiring journalist/poet/starving artist. Mainly hippie, with doses of goth, anarchist punk, and poet. Crazy-passionate about music, working on learning guitar, and I sing. Addicted to dark chocolate, good conversation, vegetarian/vegan cooking, beaches, oceans, forests, and long-haired men (come on, you know you love 'em).

I first heard about Burning Man from two random hippie dudes while camping at Mammoth a few years ago, followed by BM stories from several other people that I met at concerts. I'd like to go to BM with a group next year, since I'm still kind of figuring out what this is all about.

Namaste!
"death makes angels of us all, and gives us wings where we had shoulders as smooth as raven's claws." -- jim morrison

CedarBurner

Post by CedarBurner » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:54 pm

Hello all-
I live in Cedarville which is 1 1/2 hours from BRC. I love this time of year because we get to watch everyone making the trek into the vast Nevada Desert. This will be my 3rd time at Burning Man, and I seriously cannot wait. The first time I went was with my parents...... and let me tell ya, you have to have some pretty open minded parents if you're going to share your Burning Man experience with them.

I can't F*ing WAIT!!! YEAH!!!!

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:01 am

HI Joe and Cedar. Welcome home.

Re: Jedi Dale and Purple Cricket: Let it be known throughout the galaxy that these two astro-nobles have been promoted to full Cosmonauty status. Although they will camp with Apokiliptika proper, they are welcome to crash our satellite, drink our Tang, and wear space suits of their own design... IN SPACE!
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

JediDale

Thank You Greatly, JellyFish!!

Post by JediDale » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:24 pm

The Force Is Strong With JellyFish!
Thanks for the elevated status of "Full Cosmonaut" If anyone wants to meet a REALLY KEWL Burner, I strongly recommend seeking out JellyFish at LabWerks in Terminal City!! (3:00 keyhole or therebouts)

By way of introduction, I thought it would be noteworthy to mention that I was one of the first 500 people to see the Star Wars Premiere in Hollywood, May 25th, 1977. So this is my 30th year of following The Force!!

Genuinely,

JediDale Of Reno

"May The Force Be With You!!"

missboa

anyone want company?

Post by missboa » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:16 pm

:wink:

hi hi....my name is stephany...it's my first time going to burning man, and i am in need of a nice ride to get me from the airport to the black rock city....

maybe someone out there reading this can help me out??

let me know anyone...thanks

:-)

--stephany

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:46 pm

Which day do you fly in? There is a group staying in Reno at the Sands (check out the thread Layover In Reno). You can certainly catch a ride from there, but if you are ready to leave when I pick up a passanger, maybe we can make room in our RV. As long as you don't mind being surrounded by about 1000 Barbies.

Box Burner

Re: Thank You Greatly, JellyFish!!

Post by Box Burner » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:03 am

JediDale wrote:The Force Is Strong With JellyFish!
Thanks for the elevated status of "Full Cosmonaut" If anyone wants to meet a REALLY KEWL Burner, I strongly recommend seeking out JellyFish at LabWerks in Terminal City!! (3:00 keyhole or therebouts)

By way of introduction, I thought it would be noteworthy to mention that I was one of the first 500 people to see the Star Wars Premiere in Hollywood, May 25th, 1977. So this is my 30th year of following The Force!!

Genuinely,

JediDale Of Reno

"May The Force Be With You!!"
I saw the very first showing on the first day it was shown in salt Lake city. There might have bee 50 people in the theatre. And, no one believes this part, it was shown in 35mm!
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

gyre

Post by gyre » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:18 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:Which day do you fly in? There is a group staying in Reno at the Sands (check out the thread Layover In Reno). You can certainly catch a ride from there, but if you are ready to leave when I pick up a passenger, maybe we can make room in our RV. As long as you don't mind being surrounded by about 1000 Barbies.
If the barbies don't sound disturbing, he didn't mention they insist on duct taping your hands and feet too.
Otherwise, nice people to ride with.

I still wake up screaming.
"Everything is more wonderful when you do it with a car, don't you think?"
-girl by the fire, watching a tree moved by car bumper in the bonfire

It would be a shame if I had to resort to self-deception to preserve my faith in objective reality.

JediDale

Getting a ride with Dr Pyro

Post by JediDale » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:23 pm

Stephany,
I met Dr Pyro briefly at BM 05. I strongly endorse him as a good guy burner,
and if you REALLY wanted to get a ride with him, bring a Barbie doll or better yet dress like one!! I honestly believe you would have a great time with a truly bizarre yet safe Burner!! Here's to you, Dr Pyro!! (JediDale does his flying flaming double staff moves)!!

Genuinely,

JediDale Of Reno

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:47 pm

What JediDale failed to mention is that most of my Barbies are naked. So if you dress like one of my Barbies....

We are passing through Reno Sunday morning, probably around 9:30 or so, for early arrival; will stop either at the Little Nugget for breakfast or Nixon for an Indian taco, and be on the playa by 2.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”