Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:28 am

Alcoholics_Erogenous wrote: Heavy Metal, ... Prog Metal,
Just so you know, we have a pretty strict Finntroll Policy here.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Alcoholics_Erogenous

Post by Alcoholics_Erogenous » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:25 pm

[quote="theCryptofishist"][quote="Alcoholics_Erogenous"] Heavy Metal, ... Prog Metal,[/quote]Just so you know, we have a pretty strict Finntroll Policy here.[/quote]

And what would that be?

leydar

Post by leydar » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:32 am

I can only hope, "No Finntroll" :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finntroll

Stephen

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:31 pm

Every fifty songs you have to rotate in some Finntroll!

[youtube][/youtube]
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

epic_elite

Post by epic_elite » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:42 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Every fifty songs you have to rotate in some Finntroll!

comming to an elevator near you!

cosmicdancer

Post by cosmicdancer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi, and I am Nicole. I am 34, will be a newbie Burner (along with my best friend of 12 years). I live in NJ by the beach, but work in NYC in publishing. Interests - many: music (electronic especially techno, hard techno, drum n bass and acid house, but I'm pretty eclectic), I crochet, I read Tarot cards and I have 7 months left before this grand week in the Playa.

pntball727

Post by pntball727 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:38 pm

Hello, Im RJ, i am a newbie burner for 2010 and will be camping with Poly Paradise this year. I am work doing special effects on the side (building my portfolio) and during the week i work in a cubical farm as a software engineer. I am hopeing to meet as many new awesome people as i can at BM this year!!

swamp monster

Post by swamp monster » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:22 am

hello, I am swamp monster and I look forward to making all of your acquaintances in, what, 7 mos? Awrighty.

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:38 pm

Welcome, Nicole, RJ, and Swampy. Glad to have you hear, and eventually there. Does knowing you are going help you get through your work day as it does me? Cheers to the three of you.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

pntball727

Post by pntball727 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:36 pm

last year my vacation happened to fall on week on BM last year and needless to say i watched the burn on webcam for the entire week and didnt accomplish anything constructive for the entire week. this year i am absolutely thrilled i get to go, and yes it certainly helps me get through my day, as im sure it will help me get through the next 6 long months. gotta get ready!

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Seeing all the new faces showing up makes me smile big toothy cat smiles. Looks like a quality crop of newbies this year.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

cosmicdancer

Post by cosmicdancer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:Welcome, Nicole, RJ, and Swampy. Glad to have you hear, and eventually there. Does knowing you are going help you get through your work day as it does me? Cheers to the three of you.
Hi (and cheers to you as well).

Actually, it does. I get 3 weeks vacation and I am taking 2 of them for the Burning Man excursion. I have family in the Bay area (parents actually) and they are letting me borrow their RV. I'm 34, so they don't have the same worries as when I was 24 ;). I'll be heading in early and then staying in the area post Burning Man.

So yes, knowing I am going makes all of the difference. Oh, yes!

cosmicdancer

Post by cosmicdancer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:58 pm

Ah, double post, but at least it's 2 quotes...
LeChatNoir wrote:Seeing all the new faces showing up makes me smile big toothy cat smiles. Looks like a quality crop of newbies this year.
Aww, that's sweet. It's always rough being the newbie. People who have experience welcome it, but I know that it can be difficult since the event has grown in popularity, and there are bound to be some bad eggs (think Willy Wonka).

Anyway, I'm so look forward to this experience, learning from others and participating.

pntball727

Post by pntball727 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:53 am

yes, it certainly can be tough to be a newbie, but when you have awesome groups of people (like those here on eplaya) who are out to help with any questions or concerns we may have helps ALOT...also with meeting my awesome regional guy in charge who welcomed me to a theme camp for my first year this year...

epic_elite

Post by epic_elite » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:50 pm

hey kids,

ive been on eplaya for a bit now... thought i would say whats up. ;)

this will be my second burn. we have a new addition to our party this year so we will be attending with a camp of 5.

in '07 we were Camp Wannahawkaloogie.

i still laugh to myself when i think of sitting in our shad structure and hear random passers chant "Sharkbait BRUHAHAH!!!"

we lost a camp member due to a breakup and he has been replaced, then they descided to bring thier neihbor as well. we haven't renamed the camp yet....

stay tuned. ;)

LaReyna818

Post by LaReyna818 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:54 am

Greetings fellow earthlings!!! My name is Reyna. I live in Ft Myers, Fl. Originally from NY/NJ. I heard about BM through my fiance last night and I am already finding myself enthralled in what I'd like to call as an underground network for eccentric individuals. Screw Facebook! This is where the real people are. HOLLA! So this will fortunately be my first burn...YEAH ME!!!

I currently work for a cellular company(blah) with my fiance but am looking to start up a small business(wish me Luck!). I love ALL types of music and art, which fortunately for me my fiance likes to dj and is an artist, and meeting cool people like ourselves is what we are looking for. We work nonstop and when we aren't we are at the crib with our kitty's vaping out.

BTW~~~Who is in charge?!?......Before you respond plz don't bite my head off as if i've just asked the million dollar stupid person question of the day... Keep in mind this is only my 2nd day on eplaya! :shock:
~Urban Hippie~

CLARKcon
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Post by CLARKcon » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:18 pm

LaReyna818 wrote:BTW~~~Who is in charge?!?......
Hi LaReyna818 :D ! There are no dumb questions in learning information :D ! I would say we are all in charge, seeing how there would not be much of a forum if no one posted. But there are moderators (Anti M, exp.) who watch over sections of the board, and if shit get's too crazy talk/offensive will step in to mediate. Hope ya go out to the dust, plan alot but still leave some open to daydream about 8) Dig it!
☕ COFFEE CAMP X:
"The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"

.: 🔥)'(🔥 2019 // 8 & B :.

easyfeazy

Post by easyfeazy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:13 pm

My name is Jeff and I'm going to Burning Man for the first time this year. I believe in experiences that can't be reduced to words, so I sold my motorcycle to get tickets for my lady and me!

ragabashpup

Post by ragabashpup » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:19 pm

Welcome easy!!
Ragabadger don't give a shit.

ygmir
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:29 pm

CLARKcon wrote:
Hi LaReyna818 :D ! There are no dumb questions in learning information :D ! I would say we are all in charge, seeing how there would not be much of a forum if no one posted. But there are moderators (Anti M, exp.) who watch over sections of the board, and if shit get's too crazy talk/offensive will step in to mediate. Hope ya go out to the dust, plan alot but still leave some open to daydream about 8) Dig it!
Cc:
you know, "the cabal" is in charge......Simon, Gyre, and Isotopia
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

lonestoner916

Post by lonestoner916 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:41 pm

ygmir wrote:
CLARKcon wrote:
Cc:
you know, "the cabal" is in charge......Simon, Gyre, and Isotopia
What? Bah!
[img]http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv92/Motha420Herb/stoner.gif[/img]
http://lonestonersblog.blogspot.com/

CLARKcon

Post by CLARKcon » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:56 am

We are all friends here :D (side chat: How ya been doin' LS916 :) ? Good to see ya on, & it's good to be back on the eDust!) Speaking of "Hello and Welcome", it's hard to greet the 52 guests in the shadows! Register Yo' :P!!!
☕ COFFEE CAMP X:

Ozzy3421

Post by Ozzy3421 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:21 am

Hey All,

I'm Ozzy, from Harrisburg, PA. First time burner this year! Look forward to meeting tons of folks and creating new experiences! Hope to share a beer with ya!

Cheers!

Ozzy

(if you're in the suquahanna valley, PA region holla at me and see if we can grab a beer or two!)
Lovin' Life

likeavirgin10

eek!

Post by likeavirgin10 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Hey all!

real name - Harout

otherworldly nickname -???

I'm a BM virrrrrgin and am super stoked about being in the desert with all of you. I have yet to be ordained a "true" nickname, hoping maybe I'll earn one this year. Will be leaving my home and pup behind in L.A. for this pilgrimage.

Been hearing about, reading about, seeing pictures/videos and even a documentary of BM for a few years now but like some of you I too didn't have the resources to make it out until this year. Have read over the Survival Guide quite a few times and will read quite a few more. Don't care to know what to expect, I'll leave that in the hands of the cosmos.

I've had the pleasure of meeting a crew of burners in the past and you guys are honestly the most humane humans I have ever met. A true appreciation for life. I can only hope to contribute as much positivity as possible.

See you all in 6 ^_^
touched for the very first time

Bling

Post by Bling » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:53 pm

cosmicdancer wrote:Hi, and I am Nicole. I am 34, will be a newbie Burner (along with my best friend of 12 years). I live in NJ by the beach, but work in NYC in publishing. Interests - many: music (electronic especially techno, hard techno, drum n bass and acid house, but I'm pretty eclectic), I crochet, I read Tarot cards and I have 7 months left before this grand week in the Playa.
Hi Nicole, which deck do you read?

Syke0ut
Burning Since: 2010

Hi everyone!

Post by Syke0ut » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:00 am

Hey, My name is Chris. I'm 23, I'm from long island city, NY (across the east river) but moved to New jersey two years ago. I work in Manhattan as a night shift building maintenance guy. I do more than clean stuff. Since it's at night I'm the only one there, besides the doorman, and you get to see a lot of interesting things downtown at night.

This is going to be my first year at BM. At the moment I'm waiting for my paycheck to get my ticket.

I'm still thinking of how I should get over there. I wouldn't mind following a convoy...that'd be different. Would love to have a travel buddy/s with a plan.

See ya there!
We die to live.

britzbitz
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: DISTRIKT / Couch Surfer at FunkyTown

Post by britzbitz » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:59 am

I guess I could've posted in this thread when, like, I started posting. But here I am now, after asking several questions already. haha. ;)

My name is Brittany. I'm 24 and I live in Nelson, BC, Canada. I'm the Human Resources coordinator for Shambhala Music Festival.

I'm a virgin burner, and this board has been super helpful to me thus far.

It's funny, because I'm not usually the "decision maker" in most scenarios. I'm happy to hang back and let others make the choices, because I'm fairly agreeable, and generally happy with most outcomes. However, with this project (project Get to BM), I've kind of taken on that role. I've organized the crew, I'm doing the research, I'm handling the RV rental and transportation logistics...because if I don't do it, no one else will. It's pretty empowering, and it feels great. :D

But that aside...I love events that encourage people to let their 'freak flag' fly. That's why I fell in love with the event I work for in the first place. People are at their most beautiful when they are truly free to express themselves.

August usually means nothing more than a heavy work load for me. Our event is at the beginning of August. I'm really excited to have a little reward for myself at the end of August this time around. :) It'll be that much more exciting counting down to our event, because I know that after I work hard all summer, I'll have a week to play hard.

Can't wait to be on the Playa....and to gain more knowledge from all of you veterans along the way over the next 6 months. Thank you~! :D
"the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware - joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware." - henry miller

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:19 am

My name is a play on the words Ugly Duckling. My friend saw that I had low self-esteem at the time.

CLARKcon

Post by CLARKcon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:22 am

Dig it britzbitz :D ! Yea, here in the next month would be a good time to start loose idea planning & saving up to make rad projects/gifts :) .
☕ COFFEE CAMP X:

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Reply # 3000! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Return to “The Greeter's Station”