Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
CLARKcon
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Post by CLARKcon » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:11 pm

Nice Doc :D ! Hello & Welcome to the 54 guests in the house tonight as well (looks at the shy looking faces with smirks at the Sadie Hawkins dance...) It's ok yo' :D !! You can come in & dance, too...
*"You can do the robot with Cc"*
☕ COFFEE CAMP X:
"The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"

.: 🔥)'(🔥 2019 // 8 & B :.

britzbitz
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: DISTRIKT / Couch Surfer at FunkyTown

Post by britzbitz » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:23 am

Was playing around with my costumes yesterday, taking stock of what I've got and trying to envision what my BM costumes are going to look like....

I ended up with the picture that is my current avatar....haha. Can't wait to rock that wig! Now I just need to build a costume around it...
"the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware - joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware." - henry miller

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:06 pm

hey, I drove through Nelson, I think, on my way to Dawson City via Whitehorse............isn't that the place with all the road signs?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:59 pm

britzbitz wrote:Was playing around with my costumes yesterday, taking stock of what I've got and trying to envision what my BM costumes are going to look like....

I ended up with the picture that is my current avatar....haha. Can't wait to rock that wig! Now I just need to build a costume around it...
Based on the avatar I picture a pixieish fairy type of costume, lots of light fabric in a softer pastel color.

mdmf007
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:00 pm

britzbitz wrote:Was playing around with my costumes yesterday, taking stock of what I've got and trying to envision what my BM costumes are going to look like....

Based on the avatar I picture a pixieish fairy type of costume, lots of light fabric in a softer pastel color.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:35 pm

Speak up, I can't hear you!
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

britzbitz
Camp Name: DISTRIKT / Couch Surfer at FunkyTown

Post by britzbitz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:59 pm

ygmir wrote:hey, I drove through Nelson, I think, on my way to Dawson City via Whitehorse............isn't that the place with all the road signs?

I think you're thinking of Fort Nelson in Northern BC. We're in Southern BC...pretty alternative little town, built up a mountain by a lake. Definitely not a lot of road signs here.
"the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware - joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware." - henry miller

VArocketry

Post by VArocketry » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:40 pm

Jim here from Washington, DC area.

First time Burner this year whose enlisted like minded, similarly yearning extended family members from around the country to meet up in RENO and drive out in a fifth wheel. We'll be arriving a couple days late as I have a business conference to attend immediately before.

I just so want to experience something so much freer, open and embracing than traditional parenthood life has thrust upon me. I'm hoping to experience IT. I hope it's there for me. I hope you're there for me.

(Anonymity allows you to say some interesting things!)

I like to plan so I'm the organizer of our caravan.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:06 pm

Welcome!

CLARKcon
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Post by CLARKcon » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:45 pm

First off, welcome Jim :D ! Second...
VArocketry wrote:Jim here ...We'll be arriving a couple days late as I have a business conference to attend immediately before...
Really Jim :) ? C'mon buddy, can't you do like a Webinar or something? Have it the week prior or fake sick? Unless it's a life threatening emergency or an act of (insert your Deity's name here), I would shoot to be there the whole week :wink: !
☕ COFFEE CAMP X:
"The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"

.: 🔥)'(🔥 2019 // 8 & B :.

VArocketry

Post by VArocketry » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:04 pm

Believe me I wish it weren't so..... blame the US Air Force who scheduled their IT conference Mon-Thursday.

I'm bagging out early anyway. I guess as a new Burner I don't know what I don't know about being there early.

jekel35

Post by jekel35 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:55 am

Hello,
My name is Nes and just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.
I am on the east HOPING to take a flight out there and maybe catch a ride from someone.

I do have a question about lone travelers, I haven't found anyone who would want to come along so I am trucking it on my own. Whats the best way to do this. I have found the rideshare, but should I find a group that I can tent up next to or...

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. :) :)

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:19 am

welcome Jekel35;

there is lots of info here in threads on eplaya.
Have you read all the info on the main site, like "first timers guide" and, "survival" guide?

check here in the different threads for info. All your questions are addressed, and more, I'm sure.

Do your homework, and, if you still can't find answers, post a question in the appropriate thread.
I'd caution you, though, do your homework first, don't ask the painfully easy questions. Some folks here pounce on those that do.

good luck, and jump on in, just, be wary, or thick skinned, when it comes to snark.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

jekel35

Post by jekel35 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:37 am

Thanks ygmir,

I have definitely read the survival guide and many of people's post/threads. I may just not be looking in the right place because I can't really find any camping advice. Any advice/direction would be great for the proper thread that I could probably get some hints on how to survive if not traveling with other people. Maybe some tips on getting my supplies there and such.

And I am ok with snark... If I toss softballs, I kinda expect to taken for a ride. Thanks again.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:46 am

I can never remember thread names, but, there are catagories in the forum index that'll lead you in the right direction:

tips and tricks

share resources

and, within those, threads addressing issues as you describe.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

EmilyD
Camp Name: Art Car Camp

Post by EmilyD » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:22 am

THAT is an excellent wig!
You don't have to be skinny, naked and under 30 to be a Hottie!

eruditus

just a friendly wave from Philly

Post by eruditus » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Hi all, I posted an intro for myself and thought I'd put myself on this thread to be friendly-like.

Just 168 days to go. I hope I'm planning in enough time.

Say, does anyone backpack from Reno to BRC?
- Don

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006

Post by Elliot » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:40 pm

:D
Walk from Reno to BRC? I hope not! You need to bring everything for a week, including all your water. So you would need two mules and about a month to make the trek. Then you would have to find a route thru open country, because there is no shoulder on road. Then....

In short, no.

But welcome to the forum!

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:51 am

It's about 100 miles. In the desert.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:40 pm

Elliot wrote::D
Walk from Reno to BRC? I hope not! You need to bring everything for a week, including all your water. So you would need two mules and about a month to make the trek. Then you would have to find a route thru open country, because there is no shoulder on road. Then....

In short, no.

But welcome to the forum!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:38 pm

What's the matter with you people? Try being supportive for a change. Let him walk! One less hippie we have to worry about.

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:01 pm

Eruditus, do you have a car? Any problem with driving it in? Or joining up with some other people who can furnish your ride?

If you are willing to be my camp slave, I can provide a ride from Gerlach. You still have to provide your own water and shelter. And you won't be riding in the front with us.

How's that Doc? Am I sensitive enough now?

realitybias

Post by realitybias » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Hey guys. My name is Anthony. I'm an agnostic vegetarian stoner from Louisiana looking to go on a bit of a soul searching journey across the country by myself this summer. I'll be festival hopping, but I want to learn more about what it means to be human and where I want to take my life.. and I want to make serious, life long friends in the process. I love Phish, the Dead, String Cheese Incident, and other jam bands. I hope to provide my own trippy vibe to the burn with some of my toys :)

illy dilly
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Gnome Dome

Post by illy dilly » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:17 pm

I heard
realitybias wrote:Hey guys. My name is Anthony. I'm an hippie hippie hippie from Louisiana looking to go on a bit of a soul searching journey across the country by myself this summer. I'll be festival hopping, but I want to learn more about what it means to be a hippie and where I want to take my life.. and I want to make serious, life long friends in the process. I love Phish, the Dead, String Cheese Incident, and other jam bands. I hope to provide my own hippie vibe to the burn with some of my toys :)
Just messing around.
Welcome!
Why don't ya stick your head in that hole and find out? ~piehole
Plan for the worst, expect the best. Make the most out of it under any conditions. If you cannot do that you will never enjoy yourself. ~CrispyDave

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:34 pm

whats new and exiting. im 56 yrs old from apache junction, az. ,cactus mover and ready to play on the playa. little tool store near me is closing next wedsday cus harbor fright moved in across from them. same prices as hf but 35% off. bungees, ball bungees, many silver tarp dementions, shade material in many dementions with gromets.and too much to list. PM me if ur close enough to take advantage and ill give you derections.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Bling

Post by Bling » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi FIGJAM! Love your name; very cute. :D Glad to hear we're not the only folks in their 50s going. I just turned 50 and my sweetie is 51. It took this long to get the kids out of the house so we could go! 'Course, we're bringing one along...

Harbor Freight has some terrific deals. We have one in town, but never thought to go there because we didn't know what they sold until we read about it here.

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:11 pm

hi bling. my post might have belonged in shared resorces, but this is my fist forum and im still figerin it out........lol

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:32 pm

Bling wrote:Hi FIGJAM! Love your name; very cute. :D Glad to hear we're not the only folks in their 50s going. I just turned 50 and my sweetie is 51. It took this long to get the kids out of the house so we could go! 'Course, we're bringing one along...

Harbor Freight has some terrific deals. We have one in town, but never thought to go there because we didn't know what they sold until we read about it here.
didn't we go to different schools together?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Bling

Post by Bling » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:43 pm

I think we did! :D

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:00 pm

ygmir......you responded to some comment awhile back......just because it fits doesnt make it a supository....and i think i lost a few brain cells out my nose. then i thuoght .....so take yor head out of your ass .........and fell out of my chair and spraned my wrist.............good times

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Return to “The Greeter's Station”