Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:44 am

...blow up genitals and aliens...

Yeah, like that narrows it down.

NellieX

Post by NellieX » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:10 am

...blow up genitals and aliens...

Yeah, like that narrows it down.
God damnit...I knew I wasn't special. :oops:

What if I DIDN'T hang up inflatable penises? Would that make me more recognizable?

Maybe we'll create the Decency Camp. Bloomers and long stockings for everyone. Cover those ankles, you hussy.

johndill

Hola!

Post by johndill » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:34 pm

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say hello... this will be my first year on the Playa. I am a designer/DJ who lives in NYC.. I will be heading out to BRC on Aug 28th to help my camp set up (Robot Heart). I can't wait , been trying to get out there for 3 years now.. the time has finally come :) looking forward to meeting many new faces and rocking a few dance floors.

cheers, dill

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Re: Hola!

Post by ibdave » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:56 pm

johndill wrote:Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say hello... this will be my first year on the Playa. I am a designer/DJ who lives in NYC.. I will be heading out to BRC on Aug 28th to help my camp set up (Robot Heart). I can't wait , been trying to get out there for 3 years now.. the time has finally come :) looking forward to meeting many new faces and rocking a few dance floors.

cheers, dill
get that silly smile off your face.... yes we have the same smile, even those of us not going this year... 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:22 pm

I didn't make it last year. It was rough. I'll raise a glass to you at the bar this year, ibdave.

Welcome to eplaya NellieX and johndill.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

jethroc

Returning after 10 years...

Post by jethroc » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:10 pm

Hey, I'm Jethro from Boulder and I'm coming home! Boulder is very much like BM except without the dust. I've been very involved in the Burner community for years and with our regional Burn "Apogaea".
Terrabithia and I just got a new RV and are looking for some fun folks to camp with or near. We will be staying the full week.
I'll be bringing out my giant fiber optic art piece and some margaritas to share.
Cheers, J and T
Stay Healthy
Be Happy
Feel Free

NellieX

Post by NellieX » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:26 pm

Thank you, LeChatNoir!

missariel

Post by missariel » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:50 am

Hey all!
I'm Ariel, from the Bay Area now, but ori . This is my fourth year heading out to the playa, but I've just discovered the eplaya within the past year. This will also be my first year heading out single, which will be a big change. I'm planning on bringing some stuff to the temple that reminds me of that relationship... but onto happier stuff!
I'm camped with Nice Nice, and we're registered this year! it's only the second time I've been placed, so I'm excited to get in early! I'll also be bringing two virgins, two of my best friends, out to the playa, and I can't wait to share my home with them.
See you all out there!
A

CLARKcon
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Post by CLARKcon » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:08 pm

Welcome to ePlaya missariel :) I found the eDesert a few years back--a virtual playa the other 51 weeks & a great place to stay in touch with burner's & "the behind-the-scenes" chat. See ya out in the dust :wink:
☕ COFFEE CAMP X:
"The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"

.: 🔥)'(🔥 2019 // 8 & B :.

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:51 am

gyre wrote:There is a rebar fetish.

A good 9-18 inch metal stake is better, if it is a proper type.
...and here's a link to show you how to sink them properly:

http://www.tentexperts.com/pdf/StakingGuide_LowRes.pdf

to contribute:

I'm Russ, grizzled 52 yo. Live and work in Death Valley. Looking forward to first Burn. Am going early to help w/ setup at Lamplighter camp. Look forward to seeing ya'll there. Should be a BLAST!

gyre

Post by gyre » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:34 am

Welcome Desert Rat.

It's just like death valley with mod cons.

DesertRat

Post by DesertRat » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:01 pm

gyre wrote:Welcome Desert Rat.

It's just like death valley with mod cons.
Heh, thanks!

I'm actually looking forward to getting to some cooler weather ;) It's been brutal here this summer.

gyre

Post by gyre » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:30 pm

The heat here might be matching you this summer.

The playa varies a lot, but is never really worse.

Roundtuit

Post by Roundtuit » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:25 am

Justin here. New to the eplaya. I have known about BM since 2005ish. I heard about it an an electronic music festival then. Circumstances up to this point havent allowed me to be able to attend but I have already started stocking up on the necessities for next year!

I am a Heavy Equipment Operator living up in Lacey, Washington. I grew up in Texas and lived in NJ for 6 years then moved out here a little over a year ago. Im into VW's, video games, hiking, and live concerts and sporting events. I can build a computer with my eyes closed and split a chord of wood like its nobodys business. Crystal Castles is my musical lifeline.

I feel like Burning Man is going to be the first time where I can completely relax and be who I am. Whoever that may be.
"Cars are our way of moving through life. Cars are an integral manifestation of our being. Cars are an expression of who we are, like clothes. But we can drive naked, so to hell with clothes!"

C.f.M.
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Stag Camp 810&D

Post by C.f.M. » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:37 am

NellieX wrote: Bloomers and long stockings for everyone. Cover those ankles, you hussy.
I like you.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:57 am

Heavy equipment operator, huh. Do tell us if DPW salivates over you...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Roundtuit

Post by Roundtuit » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:12 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Heavy equipment operator, huh. Do tell us if DPW salivates over you...
Its more like the PNW salivates all over me 8-9 months out of the year. Gotta love the rain!
"Cars are our way of moving through life. Cars are an integral manifestation of our being. Cars are an expression of who we are, like clothes. But we can drive naked, so to hell with clothes!"

NellieX

Post by NellieX » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:04 pm

C.f.M. wrote:
NellieX wrote: Bloomers and long stockings for everyone. Cover those ankles, you hussy.
I like you.
I luh u, gurl.

Tin Halo
Burning Since: 2004

Post by Tin Halo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:39 pm

I was on here by another name; my account was inactive for long enough--and all the original email addys associated with it are long gone--that I just decided to start a new name and account.
Virgin in '04. Haven't been able to go back since then due to being mugged, beaten and left for dead by the default world, via divorce, legal trouble, repetitive job loss, etc. Was totally pissed I couldn't make it this year because the theme sounded fucking awesome... however, given everything I've been through these past 3 years or so, '11's theme seems exceptionally apropos. I sat in my studio 'tent' inside Camp Envy this year, and fired up the engines to make it to '11.
So, I'm scraping the dried blood off my body, figuring out that despite the beating my middle finger still works, and making plans.

Tin Halo
Burning Since: 2004

Re: Returning after 10 years...

Post by Tin Halo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:41 pm

[quote="jethroc"]Boulder is very much like BM except without the dust.[/quote]

Biggest difference is that traffic moves faster at Burning Man.

Kyle_Vendetta

Post by Kyle_Vendetta » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:11 pm

Hello I am Kyle Vendetta i'm 23 years old i live in sparks im a case worker for people with disabilites, this is going to be my 1st year going to burning man 2011. I have heard about Burning Man when i moved to sparks about 7 years ago i have been going to alot of massives and music festivals and this year i have made it my goal to go to burning man.I love Making Music and beats it a was to express myself. I also DJ for fun.I love electro,dubstep,psi-trance,trance,undergound rap and indie rock anything that makes you move. I'm new to eplaya i hear about it from friends and on the burning man website and im here to learn about burning man to make my trip a great one and meet good people. if anyone wants to give me advice or be friend me you are more then welcome. thank you
*Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if you die today!!!

Artemis

Post by Artemis » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:06 pm

Tin Halo wrote:...Haven't been able to go back since then due to being mugged, beaten and left for dead by the default world, via divorce, legal trouble, repetitive job loss, etc.
That shits sucks. I too have been mugged, beaten and left for dead. But here I am and here you are!!! One of the amazing things about Burning Man is the inspiration it gives me to remind me that we are capable of a lot of more shit than we give ourselves credit for.

Looking forward to your return next year.

Artemis

Post by Artemis » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:11 pm

Roundtuit wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:Heavy equipment operator, huh. Do tell us if DPW salivates over you...
Its more like the PNW salivates all over me 8-9 months out of the year. Gotta love the rain!
You do indeed need to love the rain in the Northwest. In case Fishy was cryptic, as a heavy equipment operator, you'd be a great volunteer for DPW (Department of Public Works).
Here's a link:
http://www.burningman.com/participate/dpw.html

Roundtuit

Post by Roundtuit » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:48 pm

Artemis wrote:
Roundtuit wrote:
You do indeed need to love the rain in the Northwest. In case Fishy was cryptic, as a heavy equipment operator, you'd be a great volunteer for DPW (Department of Public Works).
Here's a link:
haha thank you. I missed the burning man correlation there! I was completely thinking of DPW here. Thanks for the link!

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:44 pm

Kyle_Vendetta wrote: im a case worker for people with disabilites
Maybe you have some experiences/wisdom to share on this thread.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:45 pm

Roundtuit wrote:
Artemis wrote:
Roundtuit wrote: Its more like the PNW salivates all over me 8-9 months out of the year. Gotta love the rain!
Here's a link:
haha thank you. I missed the burning man correlation there! I was completely thinking of DPW here. Thanks for the link!
Sorry, I keep forgetting our culture isn't transparently obvious.
The Lady with a Lamprey

Roundtuit

Post by Roundtuit » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:51 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
Roundtuit wrote:
Artemis wrote: You do indeed need to love the rain in the Northwest. In case Fishy was cryptic, as a heavy equipment operator, you'd be a great volunteer for DPW (Department of Public Works).
Here's a link:
Sorry, I keep forgetting our culture isn't transparently obvious.
Im new. Give me time! :) Volunteer sheet filled out and submitted!

Layne

it's been 8 yrs?

Post by Layne » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:22 pm

My name is Layne. Been on here, for some time without any formal introduction. So hello all! :D

I'm 40, I'm a Cancer, I enjoy skinny skiing, going to bullfights on...oh wait wrong board.

I work in SF, in software sales but my passion is playa centric. This will be my 10th year and I think I'm more driven then ever to create. I've been a part of the Deep End and now Distrikt, for well, 10 yrs lol

Looking forward to bringing some new art ventures to the playa in 2011. More than anything bringing more danger back to my burn next year. It was way to safe.
Distrikt DJ
Camp Houligan

CLARKcon
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Post by CLARKcon » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:44 pm

Howdy Layne :) ! Welcome/re-Welcome to ePlaya :D!
☕ COFFEE CAMP X:
"The Social Hub of the Uncivilized World"

.: 🔥)'(🔥 2019 // 8 & B :.

gyre

Re: it's been 8 yrs?

Post by gyre » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:35 am

Layne wrote:My name is Layne. Been on here, for some time without any formal introduction. So hello all! :D

I'm 40, I'm a Cancer, I enjoy skinny skiing, going to bullfights on...oh wait wrong board.

I work in SF, in software sales but my passion is playa centric. This will be my 10th year and I think I'm more driven then ever to create. I've been a part of the Deep End and now Distrikt, for well, 10 yrs lol

Looking forward to bringing some new art ventures to the playa in 2011. More than anything bringing more danger back to my burn next year. It was way to safe.
More dangerous how?

Return to “The Greeter's Station”