Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
xXhatterXx

Post by xXhatterXx » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:37 pm

Hey everyone, I'm Hatter. I'm a BM virgin from TN and really look foreward to getting my feet wet (or dusty) if we can come up with the funds to make it this year. I've been doing quite a bit of reading on the forums and really appreciate the resources you've provided for newbies such as me.

gyre

Post by gyre » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:44 pm

Hi Hatter!

I'm in tennessee too.
Where are you?

xXhatterXx

Post by xXhatterXx » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:47 pm

West, right on the river. Benton County to be more precise.

gyre

Post by gyre » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:49 pm

I'm in Memphis.

There are a few burners around.

xXhatterXx

Post by xXhatterXx » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:57 pm

We're not too far apart then. 40 runs right thru here. Maybe I'll see you around.

gyre

Post by gyre » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:31 am

Sure.

junglesmacks
Burning Since: 2018

Post by junglesmacks » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:59 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

Miki

Post by Miki » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:41 am

Call me Miki, I'm a total noob about BM and eplaya (I've introduced myself in the Intro thread as well), but I've been reading the forums and hopefully get my first burn next year. Either way, I hope to make friends here and prepare for what lies ahead.

I am 19, and it's been a little over a year since I've been back in Dallas (I've been in Pennsylvania during high school). I am curious, always willing to learn, and love to eat. I'm very excited for 2011 and showing who I really am.

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:37 am

Welcome to the funhouse Miki :D
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:37 am

Welcome Miki,

Eplaya is a place that's full of information and wisdom. If you ever have a question that you just can't find the answer to, feel free to ask.

In the meantime, here's a couple of good places to start for now:

First-Timer's Guide

Regional Contacts Page

Hang around and get to know the place.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

Miki

Post by Miki » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:03 pm

Thank you for the link, LeChatNoir. :)

And thank you for the welcome, Sail Man.

Zibletz
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: HARDLY DAVIDSON CAFE

Post by Zibletz » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:23 am

Greetings,
I'm 43 and hail from NJ. Married (female), no kids. I've recently learned of - and become obsessed with - Burning Man, and have committed to attending the 2011 festivities. I plan to attend with my sister who now lives on the west coast. For us, I think the 2011 theme couldn't be more appropriate.
I'm reading all the information I can get my eyes on, and making notes throughout my day.
I have a friend who has as attended for several years. Rather than barrage him with ALL of my questions, I am turning here to the boards for a while to give him a break :)
Glad to meet you all and thanks in advance for your assistance!
Zib

I'm not a virgin anymore!

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi Ziblets,

I like your avatar. Welcome to eplaya. The planning for your first year is so exciting. I spent quite a few nights sitting at my old treadle machine, sewing things like a lunatic and listening to music, all in anticipation of the day when I could point the nose of my truck west and plunge headlong into a brand new adventure.

Hang around and be a part of things, and be sure to check out those links that I posted for Miki!

~meow
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

Zibletz
Camp Name: HARDLY DAVIDSON CAFE

Post by Zibletz » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:24 pm

meow LeChatNoir,
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I'm checking everything out and will surely come back with questions!

ps. my avatar is a logo for a photography business that I hope to get up and running someday.. I suppose you could say I "gift" a lot in the everyday world, so I don't make much money at it yet.
Zib

I'm not a virgin anymore!

weirdscience

Post by weirdscience » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:40 pm

hi, my name is Alex I'm 20 years old im a libra , i currently live with my mother in west palm beach Florida, i work in a grocery store chain known in the southern states, I'm currently trying to get my national massage license.
i hear about bm about 5-7 years ago ... never gave it much thought until i saw what it was and as i became more mature my reasons for going changed, Ive posted a few threads and learned the search is a very good friend... Ive read the survival guide about 4 times to make sure i didn't miss anything I'm determined to go to bm in 2011. Ive been searching and reading a lot of useful info on the forums.. i hope to meet a lot of you at bm
:)
Who's awesome? You're awesome! :) .

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:58 am

(Dang, I hope that chain is Piggley Wiggley. simply because that is the coolest name of a supermarket name I know.)
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

weirdscience

Post by weirdscience » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:39 am

theCryptofishist wrote:(Dang, I hope that chain is Piggley Wiggley. simply because that is the coolest name of a supermarket name I know.)
loll no its publix
Who's awesome? You're awesome! :) .

gyre

Post by gyre » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:15 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piggly_Wiggly

It started here.

He also started the first automatic grocery.

I know someone who has a fully robotic market now.
Big savings is insurance and security.

winterdream28
Burning Since: 2013

First Burn!

Post by winterdream28 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi everyone great to meet you!

My name is Cass and I am from southern Cali, lied her my whole life. Love it yet hate it:)

Im 25 and work in a ad company close to home. I am a graphic designer Went to Cal State Channel Islands... graduated a couple years ago.

Really love music, and just long night talk with friends. Really easy going and am very excited to be apart of 2011 burning man. It will be my first burn and just really can not express the joy and how bumped up I am to be apart of your guys community!
"Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves" - Henry David Thoreau

graidawg
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Post by graidawg » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:25 am

i think i just pooped myself with excitement - i talked an ex gf into buying my ticket and letting me pay her back ( what a gal the cheating bitch)
so stage one of this fantastic rite of passage i getting closer :lol:
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.

Brittus

Post by Brittus » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:18 am

Hey,

I'm Chris (Brittus on eplaya) - hurtling towards mid-thirties and live in London, UK. Never been to the Burning Man before, but we've decided this year to take our entire company (about 14 of us) to the festival and I'm busy scouring the forums for information and advice.

Not entirely sure what to expect, other than 'expect everything and nothing'.

Cheers

Brittus.

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:26 am

"Plan your burn, burn your plan."
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

sporky420

my name is checkerz

Post by sporky420 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:27 pm

and i'm 21 years old from baltimore, maryland. i plan to graduate college in may and then embark on a summer i will never forget (if i can remember...). this summer will end with my first burning man experience, although it is not my first burn. i have attended playa del fuego twice and many PEX events. i hope that this year is a successful passage into adulthood... or well, i don't ever plan on growing up... what fun is in that? i plan on learning how to always be young but survive... do what i need to do and be happy. happiness is key.

let's dance. cuddle. or just sit and enjoy the sunset.
<3 If it doesn't make you feel good, then what's the point? <3

Tinkerbell
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Tinkerbell » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi, my name is Tina and i am a Burning Man addict!

I am 25 years old pushing 26. I live in Sac town. I have been going to burning man since 2001. I missed a few years in between but this year will be my 8th year. I already have my ticket and everything!

I camp with a theme camp called Positive Vibe Movement, located near 7th and A. You can find me walking around trying to help anyone set up or break down things. haha. Hope to see some of u there this year!
:P

Missiebeth

Hello...

Post by Missiebeth » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:55 am

My name is Melissa.. I am 28.. First time burner from just south of Houston, TX. I am super excited. My fiance and I are planning to get married out there this year (He has been before). I am enjoying reading the forums and starting to put together costumes and such. I am totally obsessed!
Mel

**Living life like there is no tomorrow!**

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:19 am

Welcome!

[youtube][/youtube]

Herring

Post by Herring » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:48 am

Hey y'all, my name's Cat and I'm 27, living in my home town Austin, TX. This year will be my first, and I'm hoping to attend Burning Flipside 2011 here in central Texas as well. I sent off my ticket request in the postmark window, so hopefully there's enough tickets to go around. Already purchased my BM tickets, it still doesn't seem real. I've wanted to go for years and I'm finally in a position to do it.

Typically my loyalty lies with the local festivals SXSW and ACL, it's hard to squeeze in an additional festival so far away, but I'm really excited about going contributing art this year.

I was a girl scout growing up, and I love building and crafting, so I'm enjoying reading these forums to get myself overprepared. I'm really excited about figuring out batteries, solar panels, my shade structure(s), an evaporation pond, non-leaky playa-friendly shower, dry ice, camping stove, and how much bacon and PBR 50,000 of my new best friends will consume.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:31 am

Hola and Hello, sounds like you've got a great spirit...

brodi wan
Camp Name: Hamster Camp-- The Wisco

Post by brodi wan » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:26 am

My name is Brody. I currently live in the chicagoland area. My wife and I are extremely excited to be going to the playa for the first time. I have a three page 'Burning Man things' list, and have already started purchasing items for. I wish it were august already.

JTowne

New to BM - 2011

Post by JTowne » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:35 am

Hey all! My name is Justin Towne, I'm a newcomer to the BM phenomenon. In all honesty I didn't know it even existed until 20 hours ago fate found me bumping into an old friend I haven't seen for 5 years.

As we were catching up he all of a sudden invited me to this thing called Burning Man, and I was like, whooooaa space cowboy, that's absurd. Then I got to thinking - and that's never good - visited the site, and boom I'm trying to get a ticket asap. Funny how things work.

I hail from a little north of Boston, MA, and hell yeah a bunch of us plan to drive the 2900 miles to visit you all :D I'm currently a graduate student studying Mental Health Counseling on my way to becoming a Licensed Mental Health counselor. I love people, and getting to know people mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and physically is what life is all about.

Let's see... I'm a computer geek, and loving these forums. I play semi-pro ultimate frisbee in the BUDA league during the summer. I prefer to be a perpetual student and avoid real work at all costs (who cares about loans, right?) I like to think of myself as a mix of a little bit of everything. My friends constantly harangue me and say that I'm a chronic dater, romanticist, and that I don't know how to be single. I'm currently going on 2 months of single life in the past 8 years, a record. So now that I have a chance I plan to grasp it and am looking to really spread my wings and explore my potential in an environment that supports freedom of expression.

Because hey, it's the people pretending to be normal that have the most issues, am I right? :D Glad to be here and can't wait to make friends!
Guilty of being a 2011 Virgin BM Noob.
All wisdom and advice voraciously accepted :D
~I'm here to live life, all are welcome~

Return to “The Greeter's Station”