Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Spazz

Re: Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You

Post by Spazz » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:17 am

Hi my name is Tristan or Spazz to most. This was my first year out at the Burn. Even though I was a Virgin I felt like the sluttiest virgin on the Playa. I was so honered to get to represent Utahs Fire Conclave for a special performance at Temple of Boom Wednesday night. So I've been looking for pictures or any video of that performance. My tribe would really appreciate it for later ideas. I also want to thank Crimson for allowing Salt Lake the oppertunity to be Sentinals in the great circle. Even though we didn't preform that night I actually had alot of fun watching all the other performers and getting to sit back and enjoy my first experience at the Man. And Last of all I would like to know if there is anyone on here from Atlanta. Sunday night after the Temple Burn I met this girl dancer. Her name I believe was Kristina. She was a really cute dredded girl that I felt a very strong connection with. We danced together all night and watched the sun rise together. If anyone on here gets a chance to see this and may lead me in the right direction on how to reach her I would appreciate it. I just want to make sure she made it home safe and let her know she's still on my mind. It wasn't just the connection that I thought she was cute but this girl and I danced together all night spinning fire together and we had such a feedback from the crowd they thought we were performers from Cirque de sol. The freest I've ever been able to dance with another spirit and I just wanted to send my wishes. Thank you for such an amazing experience all of you. Can't wait till next year.
SpAzZ ;P

Spazz

Post by Spazz » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:18 am

What was lost now is found, as you feel the spirit of earth beneath the ground. We dance with delight as one heartbeat we rise, till the morning sun washes the skies. our hearts connected as one with the earth and together we experience a new rebirth. My eyes were washed with joyous tears, to know for that moment I had no fears. Now I am home there's a piece missing in my heart, but the piece of me I left there will never part... By Tristan Spazz Southworth
SpAzZ ;P

Savannah
Burning Since: 2023

Post by Savannah » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:27 am

Hi NolaFlamingo!

Hi Spazz. That sounds like an amazing memory. You can go to the Lost & Found forum under "Humans" and make a post for Kristina if you like. But don't let it get you down if you don't find her. Most Burners don't actually frequent ePlaya . . . and of course, part of the point of burning beautiful art at the end of a week is to enjoy something gorgeous while you have it right in front of you, and then letting go.

Welcome to the board . . .

forty_eight
Burning Since: 2013

Post by forty_eight » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:03 am

Thanks for the welcome ... a lot to read, more to process!

True North

Post by True North » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi all

This was my first burn and I knew I was home before I started making dust angels on the playa, or banged the gong, or heard a greeter say welcome home. I miss it already.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:14 pm

Hola and Hello True North...I like your sentiment!
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

militia567

Post by militia567 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:07 am

im militia. and 2011 was my first year, it was asweme. it was unlike anything i have ever experinced before, best believe ill be going to later years. im from reno and im hoping to find someone to maybe go with me to next year so i wont be a loner.

deutlich
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Thumper

Post by deutlich » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:40 am

For those trying to locate burners they met in BRC, perhaps you should also try out some of your regional events! Totally not a guarantee but if you don't find the person you're looking for you may just make new, local friends. And that can't be bad. ;)

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:13 am

Hola and Hello militia,
check out renoburners... and go to the decompression on Oct 15th.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Bob Ross

Post by Bob Ross » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:07 pm

Hello, I'm Bob Ross. I've joined this community because it's a very real possibility that next year will be my first Burning Man experience and I'm doing my best to fully prepare for the experience. I also like posting on message boards.

forty_eight
Burning Since: 2013

Post by forty_eight » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:16 pm

Ooh, excited about the potential for gifted painting classes on the playa ... though I figured you'd have been a long time burner, Bob. lol

MOOP_Nazi

Post by MOOP_Nazi » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:23 am

I have lived sub-surface for years.. Repressed actually. The reports of increasing MOOP on the playa and the increasing number of MOOPtards wearing feather boas have coalesced me into physical manifestation.

LNT to be enforced. Lights, sounds, accusation.. Persecution, identification, sirens and bull horns.

BRC needs no additional rules - the existing ones need enforcement.

The Brigade will be watching...
"Lemonade is a lie!"
Lederhosen Macht Frei! (Lederhosen Liberates!)
Ich Bin Über Alles, und du bist der scheiße!!!

rhunsulrana

Post by rhunsulrana » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Well hi there!
Im newb here, but im joining you all because bm 2012 is very possibly going to be the cherry pop for my burginity. Im at least thinking about it lol. My brother has gone a few times and hasnt ever stopped trying to get me to go.
My names is brendan, im a musician and sorta an engineer, i like so very many very varied and dissimilar things, from cooking to electronics, dubstep to baroque, poi to video games to dante lol. So yeah

Hi! XD

FLYTEGIRL7

Post by FLYTEGIRL7 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:33 pm

Hey all,
I'm a newbie to this site from Australia. After a friends visit to BM this year I hope to go in 2012/13 to experience it for myself.
I watched the live stream and wanted to be on the playa dancing.
Hope to make some BM friends, meet more Aussies keen to go and other Virgin Burners like myself :)

tattoogoddess
Burning Since: 2012

Post by tattoogoddess » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:15 pm

Hey Guys! I am Danielle other wise known as TattooGoddess. Im 26 and from Iowa. Hair Stylist and Makeup Artist.
This will be my first burn in 2012 ( Thank the FSM that it is before December! Haha)

I am not going to lie this is going to be my "mid" life crisis. I want to have a lot of sex,Drink plenty and do a bunch of "stuff" I have never done and get naked on the playa. Trust me I have done enough in my life to make most people blush. But I want to really let loose and not give a hoot! I have semi bad social anxiety and I am hoping I can break out of that somewhat.
Now passing out numbers for my tent ;) lol
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus

graidawg
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Post by graidawg » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:45 am

Bob Ross wrote:Hello, I'm Bob Ross. I've joined this community because it's a very real possibility that next year will be my first Burning Man experience and I'm doing my best to fully prepare for the experience. I also like posting on message boards.
Holy Crap! hi Bob, big fan of yours, I really hope to see you out there sadly there are no trees for you too add to the paintings i expect the playa will inspire but still it will be cool to chat with you here and hopefully meet you on the playa.
tattoogoddess wrote:Hey Guys! I am Danielle other wise known as TattooGoddess. Im 26 and from Iowa. Hair Stylist and Makeup Artist.
This will be my first burn in 2012 ( Thank the FSM that it is before December! Haha)

I am not going to lie this is going to be my "mid" life crisis. I want to have a lot of sex,Drink plenty and do a bunch of "stuff" I have never done and get naked on the playa. Trust me I have done enough in my life to make most people blush. But I want to really let loose and not give a hoot! I have semi bad social anxiety and I am hoping I can break out of that somewhat.
i have been having my midlife crisis for 9 years now its great! I am hoping to be able to cintinue it for at least another 15, then i can just get away with shit by saying I'm old and probably senile. as for the social anxiety, theres a great thread for shy people on the playa. Or make friends with people on here in different camps then if you get a moment of social lonelyness you can just hed to the nearest friends bar or camp and have a chance to recover.
as for the having sex, drinking and "stuff" well thats pretty easy to acheive at BM, just remember be safe and make sure you at least have your camp location written on your arm in sharpy (i did that the first few days)
oh and drop by barbie death camp say hi :D
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.

Neighborhood Creep

Post by Neighborhood Creep » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:35 am

Hi all. My name is Jeff, I am 26 year old from Superior Wisconsin and have been wanting to go to BM for quite a few years now but am now planning on going all in for 2012. I have done other festivals like Bonnaroo, Coachella, Outside Lands, etc in the past but after seeing YT videos and talking with people I have met throughout the years at other gatherings, I feel like I need to experience this. I am already in planning mode. I have a few friends from CA and OR that I plan on meeting up with and camping next to if all goes well. I have lurked a little bit on here but will probably be reading a lot more now that I actually plan on making the trip out. Feel free to 'friend' me on here or shoot me a msg if you're from MN or WI or even if you're not. Hope everyone had a good '11 and made it back safe, onlu 350+ days til the next..
"Burning Man makes up for what society did to the rest of your year"

tattoogoddess
Burning Since: 2012

Post by tattoogoddess » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:48 am

" just remember be safe and make sure you at least have your camp location written on your arm in sharpy"

Ha Ha!! I would have not even thought to do that! Your lucky I still have a few open spots on my arm.

- If found swimming in her own pile of vomits pretty please return to the pink tent on 9 and H. Oh and please snap a few photos of me for my future grandkids.

lol!!
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus

lazerfox

Post by lazerfox » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:21 pm

deutlich wrote:Hi everyone! I'm Deutlich. I'm half American, half German (that's me over in my avatar). I live in DC and am a total burning man virgin. Like Milayna, I've been intrigued with BM for a while and I've finally just decided to be there in 2012. I turn 30 in December and I think it'd be fitting to be a first-time burner at 30. Looking back, I doubt I would've handled myself well had I gone five or six years ago...

I've got a few friends who are interested in going next year, but planning with people this far out is hard as hell. I'm going regardless and am super excited to start planning so early (saving money takes time!)

Hope y'all are all having a great weekend and those of you who just came back are decompressing well!
Hi Deutlich! You are right about the planning with a group this early on. I had about 2-4 friends that were also going to attend for the first time in 2011 around Feb 2011 and by the time July came around my boyfriend and I were the only ones that were still planning on it. I went ahead and made my reservations around March and told them if they figured out their plans then we could still camp together. They ended up not being able to go at all. I was very glad I followed my gut and made my own travel arrangements just in case. I could have always cancelled if needed too. Either way, you will make it there and hopefully so will your friends :)
"being the change we want to see "like Gandhi with glow sticks" ~ Caveat Magister

Skarlett_One

Post by Skarlett_One » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:33 pm

I'm planning on taking 2 years to get ready, mostly because I have a lot of other events to attend between now and then that are already booked. :) I'm also looking at creating an art vehicle to get around on the Playa that can be collapsable. I'm also looking at coming in an RV with a few others. Hoping to hook up with a great camp, & have some great experiences when I get there.

Romeo Void

Post by Romeo Void » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi All,

Blah Blah 2nd year burner, used to get sick of hearing my friends and my g/f yapping about playa and starting their countdown sometime in January blah blah blah.

Now I volunteer and have lots of fuzzy things. Blah blah, they were right.

-Romeo Void
Romeo Void
(because my friends said I'd Never Never Ever come to Burning Man. RV was an 80s band who's best known song is "Never Say Never")

Tr3e

Post by Tr3e » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:07 am

HELLO!!!!

My name is David Jardine. My playa name is "Tree".

I am 27 years old, and have been to 2 Burning Mans. Evolution in 2009 and Rites of Passage just recently in 2011. I currently reside in Vancouver, British Columbia - Canada :)

I am in love with this community, the art, the music, and pretty much everything there is about this beautiful gathering.

This coming year ~ 2012 ~I would like to become more involved, as well as more evolved ;) I would like to volunteer my time towards an art project of some kind ~ I have had a lot of dreams lately about being a part of the Temple Building Crew, and helping to build the temple this coming year! I would love for this dream to come true, so if anyone knows, or has any tips, and ideas as to how I can make this a reality, please let me know!

Hope to connect, and get to know all of you awesome people!
Much Love )'(
Tree ( David )
wE aRe tHe fAciLitAtOrs oF OUr oWn cREaTiVe eVoLuTiOn.. ~ BH

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi David (or Tree). :)

There's a link to volunteer opportunities at the bottom left of the main Burning Man website. Or, you can go straight here for more info:
http://www.burningman.com/participate/volunteer.html

There's a general email address at the bottom of that link where you can ask which department might be the one that does the temple build, and if they're accepting help. I admit I'm not sure who does it.

Best of luck, & welcome to the board . . .

C.f.M.
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Stag Camp 810&D

Post by C.f.M. » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:49 pm

tattoogoddess wrote:Hey Guys! I am Danielle other wise known as TattooGoddess. Im 26 and from Iowa. Hair Stylist and Makeup Artist.

Your age group experiences the "quarter-life crisis."

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Brainy Bar

Post by trilobyte » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:58 pm

These days, the temple is built by a different group each year. That group would have its own design team and its own process for enlisting volunteers (as well as donations). I would expect that team to be chosen (and announcement of the choice) made sometime next spring.

ambird

Post by ambird » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi all! I'm Amber and 2011 was my first year. I lurked on eplaya for about nine months before heading out to the desert, and I am so grateful for all of the advice I found here. I haven't posted much so far because I was able to get just about all of my questions answered by searching and doing lots and lots of reading! Now that I've experienced BM for myself (only once; I know I still have a LOT to learn!) I hope to come out of hiding a bit more to share stories, bounce around ideas, and stay connected with the community throughout the year.

I can't thank you all enough for helping me to be a very prepared virgin in 2011. I survived, participated, avoided being a bad citizen by being well-informed about porta-potty etiquette, the importance of lighting up at night, the evils of feathers, etc., AND had the best week of my life. *Hugs!*

Savannah

Post by Savannah » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:01 pm

Hi Amber!

Glad you had a great first Burn. :D

Fastball

Post by Fastball » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:32 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Fastball. I wore a watermelon on my head for a few days and was camped next to DISTRIKT 9:30/G. It was a wonderful first burn, I had an amazing time. I have followed Burning Man for a few years never took time off of school to attend. Timing worked out and I flew in from the East Coast to Bay area, drove out with a group of friends- had a wonderful time. Everyone is so friendly and willing to be present and accepting. I felt very at home and it was an extremely natural environment for me.

About myself, born in Dallas grew up quick. Right before my sixteenth birthday my father passed of a heart attack at age thirty eight. I have three younger sisters, helped raise them with my mom for the next year and she had a passing as well. Accidental overdosage on flu medication, filed a suit against the doctor and he fled the country. Migrated to Tucson Arizona when I was seventeen and stayed there for school. My sisters went on to live with my aunt and uncle in New Mexico and I graduated college last year.

I'm a DJ, I have been spinning for over ten years now. I focus on trance, dirty-electronic, house and my new project is dubstep. Right now I'm in an interesting position in my life, excited for the next burn and planning trips around decompression parties. I am most likely going to be moving to Phoenix in a few months. I'm open and looking forward to meeting a lot of people, very excited to be a part of the community.

Much love.

unklbob

Post by unklbob » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:41 pm

My name's Sketch, sometimes called unklbob, first time burner. Stayed with The Trib9 and made art for the world's largest clock. It was awesome. Ready to go again next year. And planning to go to the LA decompression. Anybody else?

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:01 pm

I like your line quality, Sketch. Very fluid.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Return to “The Greeter's Station”