Hello and Welcome... What's your name? Tell me about You...

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
spectabillis
Burning Since: 2020

Post by spectabillis » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:55 pm

hunter S wrote:Dad aint no fool....Introduce a good thing and let the exsitment of youth pave the plya!
Welcome yourself Hunter S.T., but arn't you like, dead or something?

macgregor

total new guy

Post by macgregor » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:57 pm

yup, i'm new. been wanting to go to the happening for close to 4 years now. never had the funds, time or guts. this is the year. my lease ends august. my job will be over. and i will be amongst you to enjoy those 6 days.

just wanted to say as of yet i haven't joined a camp or know anyone going. working on that. i'm a chicago photographer/doodler who has some ideas of how to contribute to the craziness.

was encouraged to introduce myself. so here i am. ypu, macgregor is my name and i can fake a scottish brouge well enough.

looking forward to seeing you all there.

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:12 pm

Aye, macgrrrrrregor,

Welcome, my friend. I’ve found that things have strange ways of just happening if you let them. Looking forward to seeing you around here and on the playa. Took me 3 years to get out there in body, but I made it on the 4th try. Looking back, I see that it happened just as it was supposed to.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

Fireweed

We are Family

Post by Fireweed » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:16 pm

Hello good people,

I am Fireweed Lupine Bear (turning 40 years young in September). This will be my second burn and this year I will be bringing my eighteen year old son, he's way excited. The other two teens 17 & 19 aren't into it, but in a democratic household, that's their choice.

We live in the PNW, I am an Evergreen graduate and own a preschool. A sweet alternative preschool with groovy little children that rock my world on a daily basis. It amazes me that people actually pay me to educate and have fun everyday. They love the pictures of the art cars.
With their influence I have written several children's books and I am looking forward to the day when I will have the time to illustrate them.

I am doing the countdown to BM, I am also looking into the BR Ranger training, as mediation in such an environment could only enhance my skills as a participant and in general as a human being. Or scare the shit out of me, either way it will be an experience.

Last year the first two days I was hell on my partner (an experienced burner and very patient man) because I had not been to anything quite like BM. I seriously admit hoping that it may be of help to any first timers with hesitancy, that I threw a fit right when we arrived, until he agreed to build a shower with a covering, having never experienced being nude out in the open. After I got past the two day struggle and pouting, the wind took the shower covering right off and it beautifuly sailed across the sky, to I don't know where while I stood there covered in soap. It was a great moment when your only choice is to dispense with formalities of your upbringing and embrace the feeling of sweet desert air upon your breasts.

My love to all of you and if anyone could tell me please, where's the good drumming...I want to dance.

Fireweed
Hello fellow Burners, Happy to be here

hunter S

Post by hunter S » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:08 pm

[Welcome yourself Hunter S.T., but arn't you like, dead or something?]

Buffolo roam the plya, Great insperation roam wild. comlpements on reconizing greatly exsagerated death. Hunter S. T. Shall Burn again!!
[/quote]
Objects behind you may appeare larger than reality!

Janka

Post by Janka » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:47 am

Hello,

I'm Janka (though some people on the playa insisted on calling me "Yellow" or even "The Yellow", and I do not mind, really). 2004 was my first burn, tickets just bought for 2005, and seriously looking forward to being able to contribute more now that I have an idea what it is like. We'll be coming all the way from Finland and working with an international flight weight limit, which tends to make things interesting to say the least. Love the Tips&Tricks forums...

I found ePlaya via the main site, and decided to join, though I am a bit wary of web forums and the escalation of aggressiveness typical for them. We'll see how it goes.

othereye

Post by othereye » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:38 am

Hiya. I'm Angela. I'm a virgin this year. My roomate went last year, and came back and convinced my husband and I that we simply must do this.

I'm working on a lot of stuff leading up to the even this year. Have several projects in the works, centering on recycling and repurposing things into playa-wear. It's going a little slowly because I'm still tied up in my other love right now. I'm a Rocky Horror Picture Show cast mom and Janet. I'm moving away from my cast in June, so there's a lot of stuff I want to finish up for them first.

Umm.. I have 2 cats. 1 brother. 10 toes...
"Sometimes, honey, you just have to look reality in the eye and say..... 'what happened to your other eye, dude?!'" - Angela Waversak, as quoted on eriswerks.org

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:42 am

[secret whisper]only 10 toes. I bet they're not webbed. Quick, send out crack team out there for liquidation--we can't let this normal attend![/secret whisper]Hey, great to have you abourd Othereye
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

othereye

Post by othereye » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:48 am

Ready to hear the really creepy part about that, Crypto?

The 2nd and 3rd toes on each foot ARE webbed. Swear to God. If I run into you on the Playa, I'll show you.
"Sometimes, honey, you just have to look reality in the eye and say..... 'what happened to your other eye, dude?!'" - Angela Waversak, as quoted on eriswerks.org

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:20 am

Oh, okay,

(looks frantically for death squad call off code.)
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

Chai Guy

Post by Chai Guy » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:24 am

Welcome othereye, Janka, Fireweed, and Hunter S!

Let us know if there is anything we can do for you, it's great to have you here!

the_iconoclast

Post by the_iconoclast » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:43 pm

It just dawned on me... I have yet to formally introduce myself-
People I work with call me Matt.
My parents call me Matthew.
People I DJ for call me DJ Iconoclast or,simply, the Iconoclast.
My friends call me Icono, or Iconoclast.
I am spiritual without the trappings of religion.
I read a lot.
I write a lot.
I have spent time in Panama, Korea, Haiti, and Somalia.
I was employed by the Government for while - they taught me how to blow shit up.
I work well in environments of hyper-stimulation.
If you see a figure approaching your camp during a raging dust storm with a coat flapping wildly, wearning a hat, goggles, and a afghan scarf wrapped around his face laughing maniacally, that'd be me out for a stroll. Survived, lived, and worked in most extreme conditions from -50 degree winter to windstorms in Somalia and love every minute of it. Nothing quite like pounding pickets through hardened earth in a blinding sand storm in 105 degree weather while wearing body armor.
This is my first year at Burning Man after trying for the last 7 to get there. This will not be my first trip to the Playa. Volunteering with DPW and the Gate and have signed on to a theme camp.

I live in the Reno/Carson area and build, install, and repair slot machines for a living. Hobbies include collecting music, crypto-archeology, reading, writing, and photography.

That should do it...

sputnik
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Ubercarney

Post by sputnik » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:38 am

Thanks for posting Iconoclast. You're already making a good impression.

happy jack

Post by happy jack » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:11 am

Howdy.

I’m a wanna-be burner for about a year now. I’ve done about as much research as a person can and can’t wait to go. Unfortunately, 07 is the soonest I can make it. I’m in Germany this year, and Iraq again for the 06 event.

I’m 28, and work for the Army. I’ve been around the world a few times, but nowhere you’d want to visit. I enjoy drinking, whoring, dancing and gaming. In my spare time, I’m trying to restore my old 71 VW bus. That project’s on hold since it’s in the States and I’m not. Hopefully I’ll have it finished in time to bring with me to the playa.

I look forward to seeing ya’ll in 07!

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:16 am

Note: air cooled vehicle in dusty dusty desert may be contraindicated.
The Lady with a Lamprey

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:27 am

happy jack, Get your ass home safely. I'll see you at the burn. My 69VW bus would be glad to meet your bus anytime.
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

spectabillis

Post by spectabillis » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:54 am

happy jack wrote:I’m 28, and work for the Army. I’ve been around the world a few times, but nowhere you’d want to visit....I look forward to seeing ya’ll in 07!
Stay safe, 'cause we look foreward to you making it.

discoburner

greetings

Post by discoburner » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:58 am

2005 will be my first BM. :D So looking forward to it. My 11 yr old is coming too (as a birthday present)! Any hints from parental burners?

We want to create something- changed my mind a million times already. Maybe a "neverland" theme tent (a la Peter Pan not Michael Jackson).

Once a day for a couple hours- dress up and play time! No age limit. what do you think?

Anyway, thanks! Please write to me, tell me your story and such...

I go by febe (fee, bee). Real names are for reality-got too much of that at the moment.

sputnik

Post by sputnik » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:01 pm

For a first timer with a child you should probably consider joining kidsville (part of Hushville). Check http://www.playachicken.com for more info.

Welcome and good luck.

spectabillis

Re: greetings

Post by spectabillis » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:09 pm

discoburner wrote:...I go by febe (fee, bee). Real names are for reality-got too much of that at the moment.
*gets on his platform shoes and polyester jumpsuit*

Buuuuurn baby burn

Disco inferno!

Buuuuurn baby burn

discoburner

inferno

Post by discoburner » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:21 pm

yessssssssssssss. its gonna be Hot.
[/list][/quote]

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:42 pm

The Lady with a Lamprey

Chai Guy

Post by Chai Guy » Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:23 pm

I was employed by the Government for while - they taught me how to blow shit up.
Hey Iconoclast, were you a 12Bravo too? Engineers Lead The Way! HooAh!

the_iconoclast

Post by the_iconoclast » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:41 pm

Chai Guy wrote:
Hey Iconoclast, were you a 12Bravo too? Engineers Lead The Way! HooAh!
Indeed - 12B at 10th Mtn. Light Infantry... Sappers Lead the Way! hehe... There should be some effort to keep us apart at BM methinks... two former 12Bs in the atmosphere of BM...

_tears_

Post by _tears_ » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:18 pm

Hello all.

My name is Tears. I am 18 years old and have been to burning man two years. Within those two years I have worked for the Lamp Lighters as well as The Lost Penguins.

Sadly this year I will not be able to return to my dusty home, but I am hoping to return in 2006 :-)

Happy and dusty trails to all :-)

-Tears-
[size=84][color=red]
Tears 2003, 2004
[/color][/size]
[size=100][color=darkred]
The Ties That Bind Me Hold My Soul
[/color][/size]

Chai Guy

Post by Chai Guy » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:22 pm

Indeed - 12B at 10th Mtn. Light Infantry... Sappers Lead the Way! hehe... There should be some effort to keep us apart at BM methinks... two former 12Bs in the atmosphere of BM...
577th Engineer Battalion here, maybe we could form a 12B theme camp, things that go Ka-Boom! Look for me and my Chai cart on the playa, it's always good to meet another Engineer. (when did you go to Sapper School?) Essayons!

discoburner

kids that burn ( I don't mean literally)

Post by discoburner » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:50 pm

[quote="theCryptofishist"]

Some threads with discussion about children at bm[/quote]

Thank you Cryptofishist. Good reading.

I want my kid to be exposed to more than mainstream thoughts and experiences- yet safe. I have been able to show her glimpses of alternative lifestyles. All the other <holy fucking rollers> in her life regard "difference" negatively. When I got a mohawk two months ago, people felt so sorry for her. I don't think there is anything wrong with naked bodies. We go to nude beaches- just add color and glitter. A lot of the wackyness is great! Why not show them that celebration is good and fun- and comes in many varieties. Yes- there are going to be a lot of "things" I will be stearing her clear of, but that's life too.

I'm hoping to find more than just a wild orgy of loaded reavelers. I'm optimistic that there is much more to be gained from the experience. I can't wait to feel more comfortable around a population of free thinking open hearted people. That is what I expect to find.

Should people under 18 should be allowed ?< Hmmmm> I think there should be a place for everyone. How do we build a nation of free thinking people if we don't let them start until they are already adults? Is BM a society of the willing or of the chosen?

If the kids are out; what else? Don't admit anyone who can't do at least 10 shots of tequilla without puking (test at the gate)? Is it all about the party and the plein air sex? How about posting little discs around X-rated spots <skull and cross bones? smiley face?>, or even kid free zones- we all realize not everyone wants the little fuckers around.

Everyone has something to contribute- how great to learn that early on. Consider this- she has mastered the art of crepe making. There will be plenty of happy tummies before the week is done.

disco inferno- dante missed it.

PurpleSoul

HELLO!

Post by PurpleSoul » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:22 pm

HELLO EVERYBODY!!!! :D

My name is Violeta, i´m 24 years old and i´m from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
This will be my first year at the burning man and i´m very exited about that!! I´m counting the days!!

Hope to see you there!!
Kissessss
"Yo no sufro de locura... la disfruto a cada minuto"

sputnik

Post by sputnik » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:47 pm

Well Violeta, many of us are very excited and counting the days too. We look forward to seeing you at the meet and greet.

IT

Post by IT » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:50 am

Saying hello and hoping to get to make this year my first burn.

So Hello!

Now I am going back to lurking and planning before I post again.
The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”