Introductions

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Martian

Introductions

Post by Martian » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:45 pm

Hi, Martian here. I am from sunny South Africa, Cape Town. I first heard about BM from a friend just a short while ago, so decided to check it out online. Really impressed with what I have seen and read on the website. Pity though for me and, I'm sure many other SAfricans, it's so close but yet so far away. Just cant afford to travel to the states to share this amazing experience with everyone, damn I would love to. Well maybe next year, it's something to work towards. Wondering if this event is limited to the united states. Is BM not maybe being held in other countries as well? :idea:
Myself, I enjoy sharing idea's and perceptions of life and this world we live in. There are no set ways and freedom must overcome. Mostly I enjoy seeing how events like these unify all of us that share similar views and ways of expression.
Later

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:34 am

Follow the regionals links on the main site. I know they have a yearly burn in SPain. Not sure what happens in Africa.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

MikeVDS
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Post by MikeVDS » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:48 am

Burners are typically very welcoming of people from all cultures, since many burners reject parts of their "own" culture already. Burningman has its own culture which adopts and adapts the cultures of all who participate. If it looks like something you'd like I hope you can find a way to come at least once. Once you come you may find a way to do it every year.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”