Hello! 2nd year from Fort Collins, CO

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
Q!

Hello! 2nd year from Fort Collins, CO

Post by Q! » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:30 am

After lurking through eplaya for the past two years, I finally decided to sign-up! Really looking forward to this year, after wandering around in awe last year. The excitement is really building as we have been figuring out packing the car, collecting the last-minute necessities! Can't wait to get home!

Fire_Moose

Post by Fire_Moose » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:22 am

This is my first year out....I was thinking you should bring a keg of 1554 to C.I.N. at 2:00 and Corvair :D

seems like the last minute nessesities never end eh?
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy

Q!

Post by Q! » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:07 am

The logistics of dragging a keg out there and trying to keep it cold has put a hold on that quest (although I've considered hi-jacking one of the many delivery trucks floating around town...) As of now they only offer Fat Tire in cans...

Fire_Moose

Post by Fire_Moose » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:53 pm

At least you can get Fat Tire in a can....out here, New Belgium doesn;t offer anything in cans :(
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy

Q!

Post by Q! » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:37 pm

They just released the cans earlier this summer around here. Should you find yourself near the fire station at 9:00 & corvair, wander in and find me, I'll keep a few cold for you.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:22 am

aka Med "Tent" (really a trailor.) Do not confuse with Firefighters Camp and the other Medical Outpost, at 3 o'clock and Corvair.

Just saying.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Boijoy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Metro Mart

Post by Boijoy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:55 pm

FAT TIRE COMES IN CAN'S NOW??!?!?!?!?!? holy crap.. I'm not sure if I should be pissed or elated.. where can I get this?? where?? WHERE??
don't forget to floss

Q!

Post by Q! » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:38 pm

They just started selling them here in Colorado this summer. I called over to the brewery and they are only selling them here in Colorado right now (no plans for other brews in cans either)...

Boijoy

Post by Boijoy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:52 pm

You guys get all the good shit in Colorado. :-) Oh well,, I will drink my Mich. Ultra in the can and be happy. Thanks for checking.. that was nice.
don't forget to floss

carn1fex

Post by carn1fex » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:45 pm

[quote="Boijoy"]FAT TIRE COMES IN CAN'S NOW??!?!?!?!?!? holy crap.. I'm not sure if I should be pissed or elated.. where can I get this?? where?? WHERE??[/quote]

HOLY shit no doubt!! i was going to bring a keg just to have something decent.. this calls it all into question.. better start calling around liquor stores.. anyone know a sure bet place?
fnord!

Boijoy

Post by Boijoy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:06 pm

ok folks heres the Lo- Down. I just called Whole Foods in Reno. 6139 S. Virginia Street. They are planning to have at least a whole flat of canned Fat Tire in front of the Store by next Tuesday JUST for us.. they also are going to have TONS of other "quality" canned beer. so, don't haul your hops and barley cross country.. get it in Reno.
don't forget to floss

MissNev

Post by MissNev » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:58 pm

Right on! Thanks for checking on that. Whole Foods is my favorite store these days.
Proprietor and Mixologist for The Liver's End

Q!

Post by Q! » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:35 am

-ok folks heres the Lo- Down. I just called Whole Foods in Reno. 6139 S. Virginia Street. They are planning to have at least a whole flat of canned Fat Tire in front of the Store by next Tuesday JUST for us.. they also are going to have TONS of other "quality" canned beer. so, don't haul your hops and barley cross country.. get it in Reno.

Holy Crap! Looks like their distribution plans have just been altered!!! Nice work! Given the fact that I'm picking up a friend at the airport in Reno, I may just buy it there... Do I buy local at the brewery or support the local business' distribution into other regions....... My consumer conscience may have just caused an aneurism...

Boijoy

Post by Boijoy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:24 pm

purchase in Reno.. yes. The more money Whole Foods ( or any other business ) makes from us.. the more they will cater to us in the future.
&& there is only one Whole Foods in Reno that I'm aware of..
Safe travels everyone !!
don't forget to floss

Diverse

Post by Diverse » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:04 pm

Stop by and hit us up, we are all colorado burners and pretty close to you.
2 and hummer

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Questions

Post by theCryptofishist » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:49 pm

Q! wrote:After lurking through eplaya for the past two years, I finally decided to sign-up!
So, what finally pushed you into this fray?

I won't even ask about what it's like to watch this soap opera, or who you're rooting for.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Q!

Re: Questions

Post by Q! » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:56 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
Q! wrote:After lurking through eplaya for the past two years, I finally decided to sign-up!
So, what finally pushed you into this fray?

I won't even ask about what it's like to watch this soap opera, or who you're rooting for.
I enjoy the banter, and thought perhaps I could add to the mix.

Plus, although I've decided that virgin year isn't the best standard for comparison, I wanted to see if there was some way I could enhance my "community" experience (which I felt was lacking last year).

Also, I spend most of my day at a computer, and have no big brother watching...

(forgive the delay in response, I was lucky enough to avoid a computer for the last five days...)

Return to “The Greeter's Station”