how dee doo to you

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
grapes

how dee doo to you

Post by grapes » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:49 pm

hi there! hi! hello!

my name's grapes, or so i was dubbed by a random stranger on Tuesday at the Petting Zoo this year (my first burn). been lurking 'round this here eplaya for quite awhile...when it comes to BBs i usually like to sit back and watch the fireworks (snarkworks?) and infotainment but i finally registered just so i could give props to the Deep End, to whom I owe eternal gratitude for the many memories peaking with the beautiful all day saturday fuck-the-dust-storm danceathon which moved me to tears. (not the first tears i shed on the playa, and surely not the last.) i danced my ass off out there, so if anybody has seen it i'd like it back just msg me thx... it might also be found in the root society dome or under the wheels of half the art cars on the playa (Surly Bird! Robot Heart! Unknown log cabinish structure with swinging chairs and full moon hanging off back!)

anyways, i'm just another twentysomething from austin, texas (hooray flipside), attending the burn this year was a dream many years in the making (boo college), and barring severe illness or bankruptcy i will be making the annual pilgrimage home every year from here on out.

i love music, and i love to travel, and i love you.

just wanted to say hi.

i stumbled onto this greeter's station a little late, and its nice to find a friendly refuge from the terribly depressing 'bm has jumped the shark' debates raging on elsewhere.

<3 <3 <3
grapes

p.s. what I wouldn't give to be in SF this week. to anyone who went, how was LoveFest? and for those who are going, have a blast at decomp...
What we provide is an atmosphere... of orchestrated pulse which works on people in a subliminal way. Under its influence I've seen shy debs and severe dowagers kick off their shoes and raise some wholesome hell. ~Meyer Davis

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:27 pm

Hiya, grapes!!!

Glad you had a great first year. Too bad that I missed the dust storm dancing. Sounds like it was fun. I'm a fan of the storms, myself.

Welcome to eplaya!
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

grapes

Post by grapes » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:14 pm

lechatnoir! i've been endlessly engrossed and educated and entertained by the ongoing tale of the Contraption. so glad i got to see it in action after reading so much about it. thanks for doing what you do.
What we provide is an atmosphere... of orchestrated pulse which works on people in a subliminal way. Under its influence I've seen shy debs and severe dowagers kick off their shoes and raise some wholesome hell. ~Meyer Davis

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:18 pm

Hey there, welcome to eplaya.

JK

thinfilmguy

Post by thinfilmguy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:31 pm

Hey Grapes - welcome! '08 was my first too. I spent lots of time at the Petting Zoo too - great little hang out. Our camp was just up the road at 2:30 and Dart so it was easy to find my way home- always a good thing! The dust was a kick - about 3 hours of hiding in the monday storm, we bundled up and went on a walk-about - it was great and you found the real burners!
Dancing - wow. between Oppulent and the Deep End - it was never ending. Never seen so many people dancing in my life and the lasers and fire were way cool.
Post a pic - maybe we met!
Jim
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

djaded

Post by djaded » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:55 pm

Hey Grapes! Fellow Austin burner here. Welcome!
It's those Swedes again....get the hose.

grapes

Post by grapes » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:42 pm

JK - thanks!

Jim - yeah the Petting Zoo was a great place to beat the heat...cute little bartenders too. :)

djaded - awesome, nice to meet you. Austin rocks! you didn't happen to see Bassnectar last night did you? that was a wicked good time. probably the closest i've felt to the playa since I got home...

djaded

Post by djaded » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:50 pm

Nope...out of town for work. :cry: I am glad you had a good time losing your birginity. I hope everyone at BRC was more gently with you than they were with me :twisted:
It's those Swedes again....get the hose.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”