Haven't even been there yet . . .

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
moinnva

Haven't even been there yet . . .

Post by moinnva » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:46 pm

I haven't even been there yet and I've already committed a faux pas. Not bad it only took me two minutes of access to the message board. Anyway as my first Burning Man contact jkisha pointed out I really should post a new thread so here goes . . .

I'm thirty-two now went to college, been in the military (Getting out in six months, three days, twenty-three hours (Not that I'm counting). In short everything a farm boy from the Conservative Midwest is supposed to do.

Anyway as I get older I realize that the person I've been is not really me. So I decided what better way to embrace an opener me then with the Burning Man.

Although I think I've probably spent more then my fair share of time in the desert I think this has the potential to be an eye opening experience.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:55 pm

LOL I wasn't chastising you. Just wanted you to get a proper welcome!

JK

moesy

Post by moesy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:45 am

Welcome home, Moinva! You are on the right track, gifting yourself with Burning Man!! I hope you have a wonderful time here on eplaya, and know that you will LOVE Black Rock City, once you get home!
)'( Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out.

fciron

Post by fciron » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:09 am

Moinnva,

Unless you learned some new insults you haven't committed a faux pas. :twisted:

Welcome to the craziness. :D

sonic

Post by sonic » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:18 pm

Welcome welcome Moinnva.

I can't imagine a better way to re-define yourself that with Burning Man! See you on the playa, I'll have a dusty hug waiting for ya.

thinfilmguy

Post by thinfilmguy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:54 pm

You are going to love it! 08 was my first, and I have to say, you can read, study, and watch as many videos as you can find, but until you go - there is no way of fully appreciating what it's like! It is beyond your wildest imagination - so many wonderfull people having fun - non-stop - for 7 long days! The music - if you don't like techno now - you will when you leave. It grows on you and you can't stop dancing - music everywhere and really loud. It's so much fun - see you next year!

Jim
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Return to “The Greeter's Station”