hi i am blue angel

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
blueangel

hi i am blue angel

Post by blueangel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:20 pm

I was thinking of going to burning man since my boyfreind went. I wanted to get the facts about the whole burning man vibe.

He tells me its hyped up and not as fun as all the pics and write ups i see. Can somebody else give me their opinion who was just there???

DVD Burner
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: White Trash Camp

Post by DVD Burner » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:42 pm

Probably doesn't want you to go cause you may just leave him once you do. :P
https://www.facebook.com/NeXTCODER

gaminwench
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: DOTA, EoD, OBOP, Destiny Lounge

Post by gaminwench » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:22 pm

yep, no fun and all hype - that's why next year will be my tenth...go alone, if he didn't have an amazing time, he's a dud...

hsdavis

Post by hsdavis » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:29 pm

It sounds like you need a new boyfriend.
This year, prior to BM, I was on a cruise in Tahiti. I couldn't wait for it to be over so I could get to Burning Man a week later.
Am I correct in assuming that the boyfriend will be going to this event again next year and wants you to stay home?

blueangel

hi

Post by blueangel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:33 pm

He went this year with some chick that needed a way there to split the expenses since I could not get the time off.

he said she complained the whole time and now they don't even talk anymore. he said it is rougher than what it shows on line.

I am just so damn curious since it seems to be mainly an art/music scene. I am a musician as well as an artist so i don't why he doesn't think i would be into this.....

Barbie

Post by Barbie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:08 pm

Burning man is NOT for everyone that is FOR SURE :D 8)

And if you are not a camper- I would NOT GO... If you don't LOVE DUST - I would NOT GO... IF You can't handle MUSIC 24-7 I would NOT GO...
IF your can't handle the SUn & HEat- I would NOT GO... If you can't handle the freezing COLD- I would NOT GO... IF you can't go without Sleep- I would NOT GO... If You are weird about naked people- I would NOT GO... I could go on on and on and on and on about reasons NOT to GO....

THE REASON TO GO IS...
THAT YOU WILL HAVE THE BEST TIME OF YOUR LIFE...

Go without your bf and be prepared.

and stop by and say HI at Blackies Bar & Grill 9:15 and the second to last ring!!!
If I were to wish ANYTHING I'd wish I were ME!!

blueangel

hi

Post by blueangel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:47 pm

I love to camp but i have never been in dust. I am from PA so camping a thing to do here.

He said that he didn't see any naked people??? Said that the internet trys to hype the whole naked thing up to get more people to take off their stuff but he didn't see anybody naked. he said he must have been at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I don't have a problem with naked people though, but like i said, he said he didn't even see one.................

i don't have problem with temps either...........:)

blueangel

HI

Post by blueangel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:51 pm

Forgot to answer the previous question........

He said the only way he would go back is if I really wanted to go but i would have to get an RV...i am like why???? to me the camping sounds more fun and romantic?

thisisthatwhichis

Post by thisisthatwhichis » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:55 pm

Hi Blue, and welcome to Eplaya...... Are you sure he even went to the event?????

Mmmmmm... anyway, if you want to go, just be really, really prepared. Read the first-timers guide many times.... the environment can be rough.

And don't go with any expectations!!!.... That's sure to ruin any burn...... even for us old-timers....... :)
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon

Boijoy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Metro Mart

Post by Boijoy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:57 pm

Blue? are you sure he even went to Burning Man? Sounds like perhaps he missed the bus and decided to go to the Tasty Freeze all day.
Didn't have a good time,, didn't see any flesh,,, sounds kinda fishy.
don't forget to floss

Boijoy
Camp Name: Metro Mart

Post by Boijoy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:59 pm

JINKS !!! you owe me a Coke ! :lol:
don't forget to floss

thisisthatwhichis

Post by thisisthatwhichis » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:00 pm

hehehe.... no coke, but I have beer!!!..... :D
TITWI

gyre

Post by gyre » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:16 pm

Two people can enter at the same time, go different directions and have totally different experiences.
Choice, timing, random luck.

The dust really does suck.

Expectations are fine as long as you're okay when things happen differently.
They will.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:42 pm

Hi and welcome to eplaya.

I must say I was thinking the same thing about whether he went or not--I mean how could he have been there and NOT seen a naked person. Did he ever go into center camp? or buy ice? and NOT see a naked person? Plus, I don't understand how anyone could say that the event was LESS than it was hyped up to be--most people, including myself, are overwhelmed their first time.

Anyway, everyone has covered it pretty well. The elements can be quite a challenge, but worth it. Personally, I don't like camping in RVs--somehow it seems to remove me too much from the event. But many do take RVs; and I'm sure for some they do have advantages.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

blueangel

hi

Post by blueangel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:59 pm

yea he said he was at center camp alot and never saw and nekkid-ness:)

i personalli would try going topless, even for the sake of an awesome tan!

I think he is lying to me for whatever reason but i still want to go.

where is the best place to find someone to partner up with? thanks much for any info............

thisisthatwhichis

Post by thisisthatwhichis » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:07 pm

You can check for regionals in your area, they may have some local get-togethers.... all the things I've talked about, btw, you can find from the main webpage...

and you can check in here, on Eplaya, occasionally.... The ride-share type threads don't start showing up until spring/early summer......... plus it's kinda fun to chat sometimes....... :)
TITWI

FilXeno
Burning Since: 1995

Post by FilXeno » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:23 pm

gyre wrote:Two people can enter at the same time, go different directions and have totally different experiences.
Choice, timing, random luck.
I was actually thinking of this today.
Last minute I swerved to the left of 6:00 instead of our original plan of going right. I could only imagine how it could've changed the experience if we did the latter of the two.

blueangel

Post by blueangel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:45 pm

FilXeno

i like that!

hey guys, is it safe for a girl to camp alone in bm? just in case I can't round anyone up around here for 09?

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:20 pm

Plenty of girls camp alone and are just fine, you just take the precautions you would in any large city or gathering. Watch your drink, don't get too trashed, make friends with the neighbors so they can keep an eye out for you and your stuff.

The environment is harsh, but at 51, overwieght and with asthma and a bad back, I camp in a tent with hubby. I suspect I am tougher than I look.

There's disagreement about RVs, you have to clean them up after, which sucks to me.

About 10% of the people may be naked. Some days more or less. This past year with the white-outs, there were more folks covered up. I don't go naked there because I am too fair skinned to risk a burn in tender places.

This was the worst year for dust I've seen in eight years. Maybe that's why your bf had a bad time. Or maybe it was just him. Buy a ticket and decide for yourself. Leave him at home.

hsdavis

Post by hsdavis » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:27 pm

Check here Miss Blue and see what this years' virgins had to say about their first time. Then, make it a point to dump that load you are dating, because he sounds like he's full of shit!:shock:
http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic.php?t=27017

blueangel

hi

Post by blueangel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:00 pm

hey thanks for that thread................

yea, i might just dump him for the sake of dumping him because i think he is not up front about the whole thing.

i just found out about an hour ago that the chick he took to bm wasnt a lesbian after all.... he's lying about having a good time and naked people etc and he told me this person was along to share expenses and wasn't even straight.

i am a little freaked out right now actually.......he made this out to be such a NON-sexual place that was so hyped that the hype was to get people to go to have a chance to get laid. now it seems like that was HIS own intention. this is so F****ed up

I plan on doing this trip though. It sounds like a place to really be who you are without reservation. that is so cool. I am so dumping this dude!

DVD Burner

Re: hi

Post by DVD Burner » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:25 pm

blueangel wrote:hey thanks for that thread................

yea, i might just dump him for the sake of dumping him because i think he is not up front about the whole thing.

i just found out about an hour ago that the chick he took to bm wasnt a lesbian after all.... he's lying about having a good time and naked people etc and he told me this person was along to share expenses and wasn't even straight.

:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

See!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:33 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

MikeVDS
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Post by MikeVDS » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:22 pm

Your b/f spent the whole time boning that girl in their tent. She complained about what was going on outside so he was stuck with her, his trip g/f. That's the only explanation.

If you go, don't expect anything from anyone. If you go with the flow and leave the expectations at home, you'll have fun.
[img]http://tikifuckos.org/anisign.gif[/img]

Toolmaker

Post by Toolmaker » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:01 pm

might not have been a girl at all

This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.

bigbluedoggy
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge 3D

Post by bigbluedoggy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:43 pm

Hey that tent looks familiar... and I think I know those guys!
A plan is what you vary from.

Destiny Lounge has been proven to cause cuteness in small kittens.

Destiny Lounge 3D - located in the 3:00 Plaza at G for 2019! Look for our art installation too: The Temple uv Enlightenment!

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:48 am

:lol:

goathead
Burning Since: 1999

Re: hi

Post by goathead » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:24 am

blueangel wrote:hey thanks for that thread................

Was he dusty, was his stuff dusty when he got home?
If he wasn't, or his stuff wasn't, he never even made it to the playa.

There is no way not get dust in eveything.

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:51 am

Hi BlueAngel,

Yes GO!
read re read re read the survival guide.

then read it again!

Start a cookie jar of savings so you dont have any surprises a month before you go, and need a little extra $ to pull it off.

Buy your ticket as soon as they go on sale...then its harder to talk yourself out of going. If you can pull it off, buy 2 tix. Then you have a beautiful bartering gift for a ride share?

If you do go alone. Bring a sippy cup for your daily and nightly strolls. Keep that lid on!!!! People do get dosed...ya lame but so are some people!

If you dont have a drinking buddy, dont drink or indulge to heavily. Keep in control and always know where you are and what your doing.

Maybe hook up with a theme camp, Stag camp is cool cause they are mostly single peeps coming out. (single as in not really looking for a hook up, just going out by themselves).

Dont come out to the Playa expecting a hook up! Dont come out to the playa expecting ANYTHING for that matter....
What ever you expect will not happen...bring your mind open and as clean as a canvas waiting for paint. Then you will have the RIGHT picture to sketch for yourself.

Oh, and dont pick a person to come with that is co-dependant. You may think it sounds like a comfort to be with someone who needs you...but it wont feel that way when you get out there!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:08 am

I think he is lying to me for whatever reason but i still want to go.

good....that's the spirit......titsfor tat......

and his "tat" was'nt all that anyways, was it now....

if you are looking for a Large Camp, ROOT SOCIETY has an open invitation for anyone to join, go to here:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =441907759

tell em' simon sent you.
Frida Be You & Me

Return to “The Greeter's Station”