You Can't Get Born Again - But We Can Get You a Beer

Start here - tell us about yourself and what brings you to ePlaya.
porfirio

You Can't Get Born Again - But We Can Get You a Beer

Post by porfirio » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:49 pm

This note is from the folks who bring the Twistine Chapel to the Playa every year. Sorry, no virgins here, but I am a newbie as a registered user. So that's worth posting an introduction I guess.
The Chapel includes art, a couple of popes, assorted clergy an' Jaysus an' all that stuff. Sacraments too. (The Blood of Christ tastes strangely like Mondavi merlot even though we transubstantiated the shit out of it.)
If we have a point of view our website (badcatholics.org) pretty much covers it.
Pope John
Dominus Vobiscum an' all that stuff

goathead
Burning Since: 1999

Re: You Can't Get Born Again - But We Can Get You a Beer

Post by goathead » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:59 pm

porfirio wrote:This note is from the folks who bring the Twistine Chapel to the Playa every year. Sorry, no virgins here, but I am a newbie as a registered user. So that's worth posting an introduction I guess.
The Chapel includes art, a couple of popes, assorted clergy an' Jaysus an' all that stuff. Sacraments too. (The Blood of Christ tastes strangely like Mondavi merlot even though we transubstantiated the shit out of it.)
If we have a point of view our website (badcatholics.org) pretty much covers it.
Pope John
I thought it tasted like single malt.
But that was many years ago.

:D

mdmf007
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:05 pm

Sounds like fun -

I wish to be one of your papal leaders.

does Jeebus make an appearance regularly?

golgotha-a-go-go

Post by golgotha-a-go-go » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:53 pm

Oh please, pretty please, can we do a latin mass? I know all the words by heart.

In princípio erat Verbum, et Verbum erat apud Deum, et Deus erat Verbum. Hoc erat in princípio apud Deum. Ómnia per ipsum facta sunt, et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est. In ipso vita erat, et vita erat lux hóminum, et lux in ténebris lucet, et ténebræ eam non comprehendérunt. Fuit homo missus a Deo, cui nomen erat Joánnes. Hic venit in testimónium, ut testimónium perhibéret de lúmine, ut omnes créderent per illum. Non erat ille lux, sed ut testimónium perhibéret de lúmine. Erat lux vera quæ illúminat omnem hóminem veniéntem in hunc mundum. In mundo erat, et mundus per ipsum factus est, et mundus eum non cognóvit. In própria venit, et sui eum non recepérunt; quotquot autem recepérunt eum, dedit eis potestátem fílios Dei fíeri; his qui credunt in nómine ejus, qui non ex sanguínibus, neque ex voluntáte carnis, neque ex voluntáte viri, sed ex Deo nati sunt. (Hic genuflectitur.) Et verbum caro factum est, et habitávit in nobis: et vídimus glóriam ejus, glóriam quasi Unigéniti a Patre, plenum grátiæ et veritátis.

I would love to participate. Just don't rap my knuckles with a ruler.
homo sum, nihil humani a me alienum est, puto...

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:36 am

I always have Jeebus art up for adoption at the Home for Wayward Art! You'll need to wander by and acquire a piece. Hot Jesus lives in Salt Lake now, with two very lovely gentlemen.

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:35 am

In princípio erat Verbum, et Verbum erat apud Deum, et Deus erat Verbum. Hoc erat in princípio apud Deum. Ómnia per ipsum facta sunt, et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est. In ipso vita erat, et vita erat lux hóminum, et lux in ténebris lucet, et ténebræ eam non comprehendérunt. Fuit homo missus a Deo, cui nomen erat Joánnes. Hic venit in testimónium, ut testimónium perhibéret de lúmine, ut omnes créderent per illum. Non erat ille lux, sed ut testimónium perhibéret de lúmine. Erat lux vera quæ illúminat omnem hóminem veniéntem in hunc mundum. In mundo erat, et mundus per ipsum factus est, et mundus eum non cognóvit. In própria venit, et sui eum non recepérunt; quotquot autem recepérunt eum, dedit eis potestátem fílios Dei fíeri; his qui credunt in nómine ejus, qui non ex sanguínibus, neque ex voluntáte carnis, neque ex voluntáte viri, sed ex Deo nati sunt. (Hic genuflectitur.) Et verbum caro factum est, et habitávit in nobis: et vídimus glóriam ejus, glóriam quasi Unigéniti a Patre, plenum grátiæ et veritátis.

was this cut and paste or did you type this out from memory?

if the answer is the latter you just blew my fucking mind.
Frida Be You & Me

porfirio

Post by porfirio » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:58 am

Goathead said:

I thought it tasted like single malt.
But that was many years ago.

You're right goathead - it was good scotch and it was at least six years ago. We'll bring some more this coming year. Looking forward to your beer.

porfirio

Post by porfirio » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:23 am

golgotha-a-go-go said Oh please, pretty please, can we do a latin mass? I know all the words by heart.

I would love to participate. Just don't rap my knuckles with a ruler

-----------------------------------------
Christ on a crutch, as we used to say at Holy Names Academy - what a great lump of Latin. Most impressive. A little old " et cum spiritu tuo" would have been fine with me.
You can have a Latin mass at the Chapel if you want, but you'll have to say it yourself. Bring scotch.

goathead
Burning Since: 1999

Post by goathead » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:20 pm

porfirio wrote: You're right goathead - it was good scotch and it was at least six years ago. We'll bring some more this coming year. Looking forward to your beer.
Seems, well, not quite like yesterday. Yesterday was fucking cold.
But like just last sumer.

:D

You going to be doing the Grope-a-Pope Confessional again?
LMAO

:twisted:

porfirio

Post by porfirio » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:02 pm

[Goathead wrote:

You going to be doing the Grope-a-Pope Confessional again?
LMAO

Yup - sure will. It's one of our most popular features. Should mention we only simulate cum with some hand lotion. Hope that doesn't disappoint anybody. You know how folks can be after a week on the Playa.
:roll:

mdmf007
Camp Name: ESD

Post by mdmf007 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:27 pm

AntiM wrote:I always have Jeebus art up for adoption at the Home for Wayward Art! You'll need to wander by and acquire a piece. Hot Jesus lives in Salt Lake now, with two very lovely gentlemen.
AntiM - I was at Sonic off of South Temple?? by the airport in August of 2002. A bum (skinny and less kempt) walks up to the window and orders 6 (six) large chocolate shakes. He then introduces himself as "Ringo Starr" - the original. (not to be confused with the replacement that the Beatles were famous with.

He spent 30 minutes telling us about how he got screwed and drank all 6 of those shakes. What a screwball.

That same day we went to the LDS temple and were sitting on the edge of the fountain. I told my buddy to walk across it since it was hot and he was complaining - so he gets up, hops in the knee deep water and enters the spray of water ( hundreds of nozzles spraying straight up 10-12 feet) He exits the other side crawling and gasping for breath.

He thought he was going to drown standing up and couldnt see anything, so just dropped and started crawling. Happy times in SLC.

gyre

Post by gyre » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:56 pm

Arthur Kane is working at the LDS Library in LA now.

Great entrance on this webhouse
http://www.newyorkdollmovie.com/

gyre

Post by gyre » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:01 pm

mdmf007 wrote:
AntiM - I was at Sonic off of South Temple?? by the airport in August of 2002. A bum (skinny and less kempt) walks up to the window and orders 6 (six) large chocolate shakes. He then introduces himself as "Ringo Starr" - the original. (not to be confused with the replacement that the Beatles were famous with.

He spent 30 minutes telling us about how he got screwed and drank all 6 of those shakes. What a screwball.
Reminds me of that John Cusack scene in the diner.
Didn't he order six shakes too?

betrdanevr

Post by betrdanevr » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:52 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:

was this cut and paste or did you type this out from memory?

if the answer is the latter you just blew my fucking mind.
The Italian mother of my grade-school buddy used to say that what the priest was REALLY saying was, "All you wops get off the grass!" :lol:

Return to “The Greeter's Station”